The beginning of the end for BlackBerry

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Listen to "The Critical Path" podcast with Horace Dediu, episode 2. He goes through how "synchronized" failure occurs in previously vaunted mobile companies.

just downloaded, it seems as though they know what they are talking about, is it a good show to follow?

2 brilliant episodes so far. Dediu is the man to follow in this subject. 
edit:  Look at their ratings! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Blackberry just seems like such a staple in corporate america especially in finance. I can't imagine doing work %%+! on an iphone or another smartphone/
Blackberry and company phone are synonymous consequently, I feel that RIM needs to re-focus their efforts on institutional customers and stop worrying about individual retail customers. The touchscreen blackberry's are CRAP.

They just need to stick to the script and improve what they already have for their "work phones".

My iphone = me
My blackberry = work.

That's always how it's always been

Patrick Bateman wrote:
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How hard is it for them to get some R&D going to compete with the iPhone and Android?[/color]
In the past three years, the company has lost more than 80 per cent of its value

sick.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

Patrick Bateman = Christian Bale

Christian Bale = Batman

Batman + "R & D" =
batmobile-resize.jpg

20100108063328%21Exploding-head.gif

Blackberry just seems like such a staple in corporate america especially in finance. I can't imagine doing work %%+! on an iphone or another smartphone/
Blackberry and company phone are synonymous consequently, I feel that RIM needs to re-focus their efforts on institutional customers and stop worrying about individual retail customers. The touchscreen blackberry's are CRAP.

They just need to stick to the script and improve what they already have for their "work phones".

My iphone = me
My blackberry = work.

Patrick Bateman wrote:
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How hard is it for them to get some R&D going to compete with the iPhone and Android?[/color]
In the past three years, the company has lost more than 80 per cent of its value

sick.gif

Christian Bale = Batman

Batman + "R & D" =
batmobile-resize.jpg

Still dominates the corporate world. It's not going anywhere for awhile.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Patrick Bateman wrote:
sick.gif

Christian Bale = Batman

Batman + "R & D" =
batmobile-resize.jpg

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Patrick Bateman wrote:
sick.gif

Christian Bale = Batman

Batman + "R & D" =
batmobile-resize.jpg

laugh.gif
tongue.gif

LATE PASS... they were first into the new smartphone age thats about it...

hardware... trash

for business ppl only

LATE PASS... they were first into the new smartphone age thats about it...

hardware... trash

for business ppl only

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Never good news to hear about people losing their jobs
frown.gif

BB is great hardware, just update it a bit and put an Android OS on there and I'll buy one

Very well said. I agree with all of that.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Never good news to hear about people losing their jobs
frown.gif

BB is great hardware, just update it a bit and put an Android OS on there and I'll buy one

Very well said. I agree with all of that.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

My iphone = me
My blackberry = work.

Although I agree they need to improve on their work phones, that way of thinking is just as silly as grandparents who still stubbornly use typewriters or something. 

My iphone = me
My blackberry = work.

Although I agree they need to improve on their work phones, that way of thinking is just as silly as grandparents who still stubbornly use typewriters or something. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif
 at the pace they are going not likely, apple is coming. FAST.

laugh.gif
 at the pace they are going not likely, apple is coming. FAST.

My iphone = me
My blackberry = work.

That is really the only reason they continue to stick around, off that reputation. And because of that reputation, many consumers continue to think that the Blackberry does anything that other smartphones don't, when it's really much the opposite. <br>
The Military still use them for example, because one advantage they do have is being very secure and the ability to use Blackberry Enterprise Server to "neuter" them and their features, which again further goes to increase security which is obviously pantamount in importance. So that's a case where it;'s lack of features comparitively is an advantage. I hate dealing with them though when I have to diagnose them.<Br>
Since they have come out with CAC sleds for Apple devices though, the Military is slowly going to start trending towards that. But I'm sure they will all start getting stolen and we'll go back to Blackberry's and crappy Dell D620 laptops

My iphone = me
My blackberry = work.

That is really the only reason they continue to stick around, off that reputation. And because of that reputation, many consumers continue to think that the Blackberry does anything that other smartphones don't, when it's really much the opposite. <br>
The Military still use them for example, because one advantage they do have is being very secure and the ability to use Blackberry Enterprise Server to "neuter" them and their features, which again further goes to increase security which is obviously pantamount in importance. So that's a case where it;'s lack of features comparitively is an advantage. I hate dealing with them though when I have to diagnose them.<Br>
Since they have come out with CAC sleds for Apple devices though, the Military is slowly going to start trending towards that. But I'm sure they will all start getting stolen and we'll go back to Blackberry's and crappy Dell D620 laptops

Absolute lies. I work for one of the biggest defense contractors and iPhones/Droids are replacing BB's in droves. BB, and RIM with it, is headed for the trash compactor. The world is ready to evolve.

Absolute lies. I work for one of the biggest defense contractors and iPhones/Droids are replacing BB's in droves. BB, and RIM with it, is headed for the trash compactor. The world is ready to evolve.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

LMAO WHAT. Blackberry is the better phone by faaar. Iphone is a joke its a kids toy. Every business person owns a Blackberry. The thought of an Iphone in the corporate world is ridiculous,  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ iphones

LMAO WHAT. Blackberry is the better phone by faaar. Iphone is a joke its a kids toy. Every business person owns a Blackberry. The thought of an Iphone in the corporate world is ridiculous,  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ iphones

I have a BB and an iphone, the BB email is the only mobile phone that secures my companies email so its the only phone we use.

the iphone is my personal joint.

the only use on my bb is the BBM, email and the camera. I dont use anything else on it

Originally Posted by Rocky437

LMAO WHAT. Blackberry is the better phone by faaar. Iphone is a joke its like a kids toy. Every business person owns a Blackberry. The thought of an Iphone in the corporate world is ridiculous,  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ iphones
Steve Ballmer laughed at the iphone as a viable option for consumers in 2007. 
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom