The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

TUESDAY, JULY 27 (all times Pacific)

Women’s Canoe/Kayak Final: Whitewater Slalom (Live): 12 a.m.-1 p.m. (CNBC)

Women’s Soccer: U.S.A. vs. Australia (Live): 1 a.m.-3 a.m. (USA)

Rugby: Teams TBA (Live): 1:30 a.m.-3:30 a.m. (NBCSN)

Men’s & Women’s Swimming (Live): 3 a.m.-5:30 a.m. (USA)

Softball Gold Medal Game: U.S.A vs. Japan (Live) 4 a.m.-5:30 a.m. (NBCSN)

Men’s & Women’s Basketball: 3X3 (Live): 5:30 a.m.-7 a.m. (USA)

Women’s Gymnastics Team Final (Live): 3:45 a.m.-5:40 a.m. (Peacock)

Women’s Handball: France vs. Spain: 6 a.m.-6:30 a.m. (NBCSN)

Women’s Beach Volleyball: Brazil vs. China: 9 a.m.-10 a.m. (NBCSN)

Women’s Soccer: Canada vs. Great Britain: 9 a.m.-11 a.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s Surfing: Shortboard & Beach Volleyball: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (NBC)

Rugby: Teams TBA: 11 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (USA)

Women’s Weightlifting Finals: 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s Boxing, Judo & Taekwondo: 12 p.m.-1 p.m. (USA)

Men’s Beach Volleyball: U.S.A. vs. Sweden: 5 p.m.-6 p.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s Rowing: Singles, Doubles, Quads (Live): 5 p.m.-7 p.m. (CNBC)

Women’s Swimming Finals (Live): 5 p.m.- 9 p.m. (NBC)

Women’s Table Tennis: Singles (Live): 6 p.m.-7 p.m. (USA)

Rugby: Teams TBA: 7 p.m.- 8 p.m. (CNBC)

Men’s Volleyball: U.S.A. vs. Tunisia (Live): 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s Tennis (Live): 7 p.m.-4 a.m. (The Olympic Channel)

Women’s Cycling: Time Trials (Live): 8 p.m.-9 p.m. (CNBC)

Men’s Fencing: Team Sabre: 8:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. (USA)

Men’s & Women’s Canoe/Kayak: Whitewater Slalom (Live): 9 p.m.-9:35 p.m. (NBC)

Men’s & Women’s Rowing: 9 p.m.-10 p.m. (CNBC)

Men’s & Women’s Archery: Individual: 9:30 p.m.-10 p.m. (USA)

Women’s Water Polo: U.S.A. vs. Hungary & Women’s Cycling: 9:35 p.m.-11 p.m. (NBC)

Men’s & Women’s Canoe/Kayak: Whitewater Slalom (Live): 10 p.m.- 11 p.m. (USA)

Men’s Cycling: Time Trial (Live): 10 p.m.-2 a.m. (CNBC)

Men’s Diving: Synchronized Springboard Final (Live): 11 p.m.-12 a.m. (USA)

Not that it’s in danger but Nigeria cut the USA lead to 8 with 3:17 left.

1627368865365.png

the way she blows on da ball doe

just watched that ROC dude on vault, was waiting for this

the synchronized diving camera that follows them down is dope

Hmm ok thought Biles was like very confident and all. Fair play to her hope she's well.

At least she's present cheering on her teammates.

The pressure she's been under lately has been crazy so I hope she's able to get help for whatever it is

That little interview they showed last night with her from after the 1st round was extremely telling.

She basically said that at 24 she feels more aches and pains than when she was 19 and how she used to be fearless but now she's afraid of failing.

edit:

It was a brief sit-down interview with her in a room by herself. Can't find it anywhere yet.

I hope she’s ok, first and foremost

but this really sucks considering her age

this is kinda reminding me of Phelps in 2012, I think his coaches f’d up then not changing his schedule a bit and cutting out certain races just so his training schedule wouldn’t have to be so ridiculous.. you focus more on sprints could do more dryland and weight room stuff and don’t need so many 6-7 hour days in the pool plus high yardage

and we saw the results in the pool come time for the 2012 olympics in the 400IM and 200 fly

as you age, that natural size and power you get goes well for sprinting, so you’ll see older swimmers in the like 50 free or 100 free or other 100s.. but with the 200s and 400s, you gotta be able to finesse it along with having power but gotta be able to get easy speed can’t just muscle it out or you’ll die hard

Last edited:
Crazy. I saw the interview with maybe Hoda and she was asked if she thought she could be beat. She kinda slyly remarked almost that it wasn’t possible. Then watching her during qual she didn’t look particularly sharp and now we have her pulling out of the team side. Life comes at you fast.

Between the Peacock streaming service, obviously not having fans in the stands and now the biggest name in the Olympics out (for now) this years Olympics has been 'ehhhh' so far. Hopefully T&F can juice things up.

That little interview they showed last night with her from after the 1st round was extremely telling.

She basically said that at 24 she feels more aches and pains than when she was 19 and how she used to be fearless but now she's afraid of failing.

edit:

It was a brief sit-down interview with her in a room by herself. Can't find it anywhere yet.

yea I know exactly what you’re talking about

the thing that sticks out to me is what steve kornacki said, she was still the heavy favorite individually and could win that pretty easily not being at her best BUT team USA needed her to be her best self to give them that buffer in the team competition

even if she’s not at her best, she’s clearly still better than everyone else.. but she has that extra pressure of everyone to be perfect to allow others not necessarily be perfect

amazing run by Japan womens softball team they look so small but never underestimate size

Unsurprisingly the Russians just took the gold in the team gymnastics event, was a tough ask for team USA once their Biles pulled out

Back
Top Bottom