The Bernie Sanders Filibuster

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Bernie Sanders = Lefty version of the Tea Party

He was on Olberman last night talking "We need a 'grassroots' up swelling like the Tea Party".
roll.gif
There is no "grassroots" when it comes to political parties, they're all manufactured by the parties.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Bernie Sanders = Lefty version of the Tea Party

He was on Olberman last night talking "We need a 'grassroots' up swelling like the Tea Party".
roll.gif
There is no "grassroots" when it comes to political parties, they're all manufactured by the parties.
laugh.gif

Ain't got nothing on that dude that filibustered for over 24 hours.

Ain't got nothing on that dude that filibustered for over 24 hours.

I agree wit da bill...if da rich want unfunded tax breaks then da middle

Class should get unfunded unemployment benefits. Eff it lets all deficit spend......

Class should get unfunded unemployment benefits. Eff it lets all deficit spend......

Props to him for doing it at his age. At least someone can stand up to the problem without being afraid. Yes I'm talking about you Obama.

Props to him for doing it at his age. At least someone can stand up to the problem without being afraid. Yes I'm talking about you Obama.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

The bill still stinks.  The 2% payroll tax cut and unemployment benefit are stimulative, the rest is garbage.  2 $800 billion stimulus plans and neither one of them does any real job creation. 

The bill still stinks.  The 2% payroll tax cut and unemployment benefit are stimulative, the rest is garbage.  2 $800 billion stimulus plans and neither one of them does any real job creation. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Even then the 2% payroll tax cut comes at the detriment of social security..

pardon my ignorance,
but the ticker says he was done at 7:00 pm, and that its live?

this is just being replayed, correct?

pardon my ignorance,

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

pardon my ignorance,

If you are watching it now yes it is a replay...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

pardon my ignorance,

If you are watching it now yes it is a replay...

Originally Posted by Essential1

When you think about it, it doesn't even sound right.  "Obama to extend Bush tax cuts".  

When you think about it, it doesn't even sound right.  "Obama to extend Bush tax cuts".  

He's $%%%+# himself over.

That's what you get when you are elected a liberal (dubbed the most liberal senator (even though Bernie Sanders is) and govern as a center right president.... You get everyone to hate you..  The right hates you because you are a "liberal", the left hates you because you won't stand for anything you say you believe in, and independents hate you for flip flopping...  Where if he stood strong and said this is what I believe in, and I am going to fight day in & day out for my beliefs he would be more liked & more respected.

Would I rather see him win over the republican candidate in 2012 (barring Colin Powell or Michael Bloomberg) Yes... But if he loses in 2012, his I am a liberal but I never act like one attitude will be why he loses..

Back
Top Bottom