The Best Post-Ether Diss...

The title of this thread implies that Ether was a great diss record which it wasnt.

...what?
Ether was not a good song. Simplest way of saying it.

The title of this thread implies that Ether was a great diss record which it wasn't.

roll.gif

Only two diss records I've ever seen get so much hype and praise, Hit Em Up and Ether.

Jay on the radio choked up.

Damon Dash has said several times, that song hurt Jay deeply. Hurt the whole label.

I know Jay is your idol but even Jay is gonna laugh at you for saying that.
Jay can think whatever he wants about Ether. I know what I think, and I thought it sucked.

"Seen Gucci Mane by himself and we was 30 deep down magic .. and you didn't bust grape .. you was shook from gate .. got me thinking all the gangster **** you rapping be fake"

There's a reason the term ether is still synonymous with the utmost disrespect. Not only was it a dope track, it's darn near nas' best track ever. I'm not a fan because his delivery and flow is boring and he picks horrendous beats, but son dropped 81 that night. Jay on the radio sounding like the fat boys just broke up was the nail in the coffin. And then the joint released on his b day.

Then again, I can't expect someone who had a picture of Jay wearing the jersey of their very own favorite team to recognize how epic ether was. The bias is blinding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom