The Bicycle Thread

Yeah I wont be doing anything crazy in it... really just for cruising around town with the fam... plan on getting my girl a bike and a couple of those stroller add ons for the kids.

Yeah I wont be doing anything crazy in it... really just for cruising around town with the fam... plan on getting my girl a bike and a couple of those stroller add ons for the kids.
That bike is fine for that. I just got the Kent version from Walmart as my commuter bike because I'm not spending too much to be chaining it up at the train station. Many bike snobs will disagree...

For just riding around town, why would you want a mountain bike? A cruiser Would be much better for what you're describing.

2nd, the bike mechanics at ****'s are bad, bad news. If $300 is your budget, go to something like FB Marketplace and look for something like a used Giant Escape in your size. Take it to a bike shop and give them $50-$60 to go through and make sure everything is safe. Hell, even if you do buy a bike from ****'s, take it to a bike shop and have them go over it for $50-$60.

Screenshot_20230627_212920_Google.jpg

My cables are all jacked up how much would it be to fix this and can I do it by myself or should I just take it to a shop?
IMG_5064.jpeg

My cables are all jacked up how much would it be to fix this and can I do it by myself or should I just take it to a shop?
IMG_5064.jpeg

If you very carefully wind the cable up you might be able to get an end cap on there - so a few cents.

Best option is to replace the cable which is a few dollars. Every few years you want to change the housing too - especially if it's in bad shape - so a few dollars more.

If you're doing it yourself the largest expense is cable cutters - I had my first set a few decades and recently got new ones because they became a bit dull.

If you're not going to buy the tools it's not much for a bike shop to do it.

****s wild kick stands are sold seperate now. I remember when those and water bottles were standard on a mountian bike.

I’m in need of a new seat for my bike. Any recommendation? I hear brooks is good but not trying to drop $100 on a seat right now. Also what’s the usual measurements? Also need a good set of pedals. Mine are work out and my sneakers keep slipping off. I’m riding on a specialized Allez 2007

I like a Brooks saddle - but they take a lot of breaking in and because they’re leather you can’t leave it outside.

On my other bikes I have Specialized Body Geometry saddles which I like. But, saddles are very personal - what suits me may not suit you.

The best thing to do is to buy some on eBay and try it out - then if you want a new or nicer one you know it works.

The BG ones come in different widths - dealers will have a pad you can sit on to measure your sit bones - most people will be the 143mm version though.

I’m in need of a new seat for my bike. Any recommendation? I hear brooks is good but not trying to drop $100 on a seat right now. Also what’s the usual measurements? Also need a good set of pedals. Mine are work out and my sneakers keep slipping off. I’m riding on a specialized Allez 2007
If you can visit your local bike shop, they can usually let you try out whatever they have to offer.

For measurements if you can find some “soft” cardboard and sit on it for like 10-15 second to measure your sit home dents, then if I recall you add 10-20mm (google around) and that will generally fit you best.

Doesn’t hurt to try some on amazon and if they offer free returns then at least you tried. As Kdawg said they are very personable. My friend bought a $250 3D printed saddle that didn’t fit him, but sold to me for a fraction of the price and it’s fits me very well.

Does Marin even have a 10k bike?
Not that I've ever heard of, and not on their site. About $6k is where they top out on MTB. I mean I suppose a person could upgrade parts, but man, putting on upgrades that would bump a bike from $6k retail to having a current worth of $10k... I just can't imagine someone making upgrades that would make the bike worth $10k and they would ALSO feel comfortable getting as much air with as they did in that video.

man i miss riding with my boy lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket
my bike currently needs so much repair
the seat stem is broken and the seat wont stay straight, the auto height adjustment thing doesnt work
both of my wheels are literally bent out of shape after jumping off some stairs
and new tires as well.

man i miss riding with my boy lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket
my bike currently needs so much repair
the seat stem is broken and the seat wont stay straight, the auto height adjustment thing doesnt work
both of my wheels are literally bent out of shape after jumping off some stairs
and new tires as well.
Auto height adjustment? :emoji_eyes: Are you talking about raising your seat height from the handlebar?

Back
Top Bottom