The Bicycle Thread

Thanks guys! I hope to ride again soon! :smokin

Which saddle are you using, Fozzy? Most saddles will hurt the first couple times.

And that's weird cus my friends have used Gatorskins before and have zero problems. My bike has cheap, but decent - Vittoria Rubinos. I also like Specialized Armadillos. But $40 a tire were too much for my budget :tongue:

My summer bike has Michelin Pro Optimum and my winter bike has 32c Marathon Racer front and back. Haven't had either off other than for changing them when they wore out. The winter knes are a little heavy as they gave a thick protective belt but they're great for the winter - a slight tread so I can go on muddy paths but still roll nicely. Expensive but worth it.

Saddles are a really personal thing. For longer rides you need a decent pair of shorts and then just find a saddle that suits. I like Specialized BG saddles - got the same one on all my bikes. It's worth buying some used one on eBay - if you don't like it you can sell it for about what you paid so you won't lose out. Some places have loaner saddles too to let you try.

I have Continental GP4000S on my road bike. I've had flats on them but not as many as i thought i would have. My first set which lasted about 4,000 miles i had about five flats total. Tires are amazing, tons of grip.

Mr Tuffy tire liner $16 from performance bikes. I live in AZ where there plenty of road debris and cactus spikes, everyone puts these, between your tube and your tires inner lining. There's lighter ones if u like but it'll cost more.

I've been lurking this thread and have definitely decided that a bike is the new deal for me.
Now check this lil situation out;
My college (UofL) offers a $400 voucher for students after we fill out a survey and opt out of a car parking pass for the year. And im definitely trying to get that since my twin (... @2forwOyNE) has a parking pass for his car.
I see the thin, lightweight, thin tire cool looking bikes and figured that'd be perfect for someone like me going from home to campus.
$400 might not get me exactly what i want but its a start.
Help me out? Pls guise

what kind of bike are you looking for? road bike, fixed gear, hybrid....etc

9779652323_e172433a76_c.jpg

9779644943_076accdd56_c.jpg

9779361431_87c510229d_c.jpg

You gotta get one Rice! dat stiffness :wink:

9811197495_443f6de71e_c.jpg

9811172885_209d7cdb05_c.jpg

9811259703_b8e0efa8ef_c.jpg

DonRafa DonRafa i like these two a lot. Any suggestions on that?

I need a road bike FAST..

I don't wanna get something expensive right now.

I'm only going to spend 200 or less just to see how much I use it and how much I actually like riding.

With that price point my options or limited and I'm not expecting anything impressive.

I'll be doing around 13-15 miles a week on it, just to class.

Check craigslist. Should find hundreds of road bikes in that range. Or you could go to Walmart and cop one on the low

what do you call those lights on the wheels that flash to make a pattern when the wheel is turning? i'm trying to gift my niece. :nerd:

Anyone know of any black friday/cyber monday sales?

Trying to buy my sis her first road bike and upgrade my own.

I commend you for that, Rice. Last time I wore cycling shorts + padding, :x saddle rash all underneath my crotch. Skin was all peeling and yellow, looking like 2nd degree burns :x Couldn't sit the same way for a month and tryna use the bathroom was :x

I commend you for that, Rice. Last time I wore cycling shorts + padding, :x saddle rash all underneath my crotch. Skin was all peeling and yellow, looking like 2nd degree burns :x Couldn't sit the same way for a month and tryna use the bathroom was :x

Really? Should be the exact opposite. Were you wearing underwear and then the padded shorts? I've heard of people still wearing boxers under their padded shorts which kind of defeats the purpose since you'll get mad chafing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom