The Bicycle Thread

RIP to the legendary Mike Hall. 35 years young taken in a MVA during a race in Australia. Catch him on the Netflix doc "Inspired to Ride."

Yes I watched that doc a few months ago, was a great watch. Incredibly sad to hear he was struck and killed. RIP.

I need a new bike now, I had this Rhino since 2004, I lost parts to the front brake, I had a flat on the back I patched it up, I went to put it back on then bearings fell out the the tire. so I've had to use my niece's and nephews bikes

my niece is in college and my nephew is now in Texas, so these were left behind

the the seat and the chain is missing from the green next bike and back tire is messed up and one of the pedals is kinda broken.

20170827_180123.jpg
20170827_180345.jpg
my new bike, a 2008 NEXT Wipeout BMX Bike. it was being thrown out. I had to replace the innertube for the front tire, and clean some rust off of the handle bars.
20170827_180240.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking of getting a new bike when I get back to CA, to bike to work. But not sure what the terrain is like in Laguna Niguel.

If it's all hills, then forget about it lol.

i haven't personally but this brought back some memories of rides around LA I used to do years back
Would love to link up sometime at Central Park with some NTers, I have a small crew I ride with like 4 of us. We are thinking of doing a big ride soon to Upstate NY

Been trying to find a 1988 Haro Master for sometime now. Got outbid on ebay a couple years back by $5. Was so freakin pissed!

upload_2018-4-14_23-50-12.png
This bike looks sick and after watching Nigel tear the streets up in his "Go!" youtube videos makes me want to cop my own bmx but man, rising brakeless in public like that is just a damn scary feeling.
That can't eem compare to a fixed because you actually have a sense of control with your feet strapped in.
The only way you're actually gonna slow down is going up hill or just simply putting your feet down, kind of like a skateboard :lol:
But I mean damn, it's already hard (for me at least) to land bar spins with a brake lever in the way next to the grips :frown:

Last edited:
Took my road bike in for a tune up this morning. Ready for this warm weather to come back around.

I have a single speed Fuji Classic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom