The Bicycle Thread

Not wearing a helmet is ****ing stupid. I once saw a dude fall head first into pavement because car pulled out of a parking space. Super low speed but he just didn't see or expect it. So much blood and dude was out till the ambulance came. If you're a worried that a helmet messes up your hair or you might look stupid with then don't ride a bike :D Actually cycling helmets look kinda cool when paired up with some go fast sunglasses like Oakley Jawbreakers.

IMG_7650.jpg
IMG_7753.jpg
Both of my bikes. Gravel and Road.

What kind of bag do you have attached to the seat post? That is sort of the other thing I have added on my list to get. Along with a tool, tire, etc.

Also is it OD to put a tracker on your bike for bike theft? I wouldn't ever dare lock my bike on a bike post but I swear, I see too many people getting their bikes stolen. I just want to know I can try and get it back.

I already posted in here about my fall recently but helmet saved me big time. Went head first into the pavement, can’t imagine what would have happened without it.

I ride busy roads fairly often, recently had some dude in a parked car open his door and missed me by like a couple of inches. I don’t trust any drivers.:smh: :lol:
man glad u came out okay papi.

i get worried riding on busy roads, sometimes i ride opposite way just so i can see oncoming traffic

What kind of bag do you have attached to the seat post? That is sort of the other thing I have added on my list to get. Along with a tool, tire, etc.

Also is it OD to put a tracker on your bike for bike theft? I wouldn't ever dare lock my bike on a bike post but I swear, I see too many people getting their bikes stolen. I just want to know I can try and get it back.
where do u think it will be robbed from? ur house?

when im out im always on mines, never go somewhere where my bike isnt accompanying me

Biking has definitely picked up in the DMV. Might be time to upgrade to a road one for me but I'm not a baller like yall :lol:

Yea, I'll check let go/offer up/craigslist to see what's out there on the used market

Saddle bag. There are different kinds from different brands. Mine is https://www.pro-bikegear.com/global/en-gb/accessories/Saddle_Bags/PRO_BA_SADDLEBAGSTRAP the middle size. Fits inner tube, tyre lever, multitool and a small pump.

where do u think it will be robbed from? ur house?

when im out im always on mines, never go somewhere where my bike isnt accompanying me
Yeah. Oakland is wild like that. Saw someone on IG got taken for 4 bikes in Oakland and all bikes are like $3k and higher.

But things can happen anywhere I guess. Just would be nice to track the bike where ever it went.

Yeah. Oakland is wild like that. Saw someone on IG got taken for 4 bikes in Oakland and all bikes are like $3k and higher.

But things can happen anywhere I guess. Just would be nice to track the bike where ever it went.

I live in Oakland and don't think I have ever locked my bike up here. :rofl:

I have a bike lock but I've prob used it once or twice at a brewery while having it in sight. Don't trust leaving my bike anywhere tbh.

My current ride, just got it back from the shop. Just reinstalled the clipless pedals are riding with straps for so many years. I am looking to upgrade to carbon as soon as those canyon ultimates finally get restocked.
C9C12E35-20B6-4609-B261-C391228CD600.jpeg

I live in Oakland and don't think I have ever locked my bike up here. :rofl:

I have a bike lock but I've prob used it once or twice at a brewery while having it in sight. Don't trust leaving my bike anywhere tbh.
People in Oakland and SF have been getting hit hard with the bike theft. Mostly because of the homeless people on drugs. Garages aren’t safe they will get in there easy and clear it out even if it’s locked. I always tell people locks just to add more time for them to get it and if they can’t get the whole bike they will take what’s not locked down.

Me and some of my friends all got into it because of COVID. I normally bike by myself but I went out with them just for a social ride and none of us were wearing helmets, no clips (or clipless) and even going on the wrong side of the road on the bike lane at one point. We were looking like some super amateurs. Haha. But were all getting there which is actually part of the fun. Next thing you know, we'll be the ones complaining about others not wearing helmets.

And on a related note, my uncle actually accidentaly killed a cyclist when he opened his door of his car and someone just crashed into it. He lives in SF and it was sort of a freak accident. I mean who knows if a helmet would have saved that person but that is my biggest fear when I ride and just having someone open their door on me when I am trying to go fast.
You good bruh at least you know. Some people just full on ignore. Truth is I still find myself skipping the helmet everynow and then when I hit a grocery run, because its just a few blocks. But like everyone in here said you never know.

I say for longer, focused, goal rides, its a must. It should always be a must. But when you have plans on going hard, it is especially needed.

My current ride, just got it back from the shop. Just reinstalled the clipless pedals are riding with straps for so many years. I am looking to upgrade to carbon as soon as those canyon ultimates finally get restocked.
C9C12E35-20B6-4609-B261-C391228CD600.jpeg
Dam! I love Kleins! I almost bought an late 90s early 2000s one locally here to replace both of my vintage specialized. But I couldnt confirm sizing. What size is yours? Man ill swoop that up from you if you go carbon :lol: I love steel.

Dam! I love Kleins! I almost bought an late 90s early 2000s one locally here to replace both of my vintage specialized. But I couldnt confirm sizing. What size is yours? Man ill swoop that up from you if you go carbon :lol: I love steel.

It's a size 51... It's like a 94 maybe? I bought it used around 2010, mostly because I thought it looked cool hehe. I believe its an aluminum frame, still a smooth and comfortable ride nonetheless.

It's a size 51... It's like a 94 maybe? I bought it used around 2010, mostly because I thought it looked cool hehe. I believe its an aluminum frame, still a smooth and comfortable ride nonetheless.
Nice! I dig Kleins. They were one of the few older bikes that had tube cable routing back in the day.

I love my vintage Specialized frames, but I think its time for me to get into the modern century of road bikes.

Anyone here into MTB? I've been tuning up my old Hardrock Pro, but I want to get into something modern there as well.

Nice! I dig Kleins. They were one of the few older bikes that had tube cable routing back in the day.

I love my vintage Specialized frames, but I think its time for me to get into the modern century of road bikes.

Anyone here into MTB? I've been tuning up my old Hardrock Pro, but I want to get into something modern there as well.
IMG_5823.jpeg

i love my mtb, riding trails by my house is too fun.
not a new bike but still pretty light and plenty of fun
mtb's are so versatile

IMG_5823.jpeg

i love my mtb, riding trails by my house is too fun.
not a new bike but still pretty light and plenty of fun
mtb's are so versatile
Nice! Thats clean! Yea it may be time for me to upgrade. I have a fairly old Specialized Hardtail. Just can't decide if I want to go full suspension or another newer hardtail. I think I am for sure going 29". I can't find a dam tire for my 26 right now! I may ride this one out for a bit until I can comfortably afford the next upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom