The Bicycle Thread

man that fatigue is no joke, when i ride dirt bikes and get fatigued i crash in the dummest of ways lol
gotta listen to our bodies.

glad ur safe fongie

CE668ABF-FC08-4096-A64F-193648506E5D.jpeg
F864A42D-0225-41D5-B166-916C6D3D9A59.jpeg

need some new rubber for the specialized, not sure if i should get the same contis i have on the bianchi

back at fixed gear peak when me and my friends were running San Jose Fixed our Tuesday/Thursday night rides would be like 30-50 people deep, it was wild. get a good 20-30 miles in then go grab some beers. helluva time

those were fun :lol:

ABE4264F-5EF5-4E3B-9115-B73A8FA3084A.jpeg

Alright after I finally get into my groove is have a accident 🤦🏾‍♂️... Wheel looks worse than the actual fall was. Here’s my delimma. I’ve been sinking money into this gifted ‘87 Schwinn High Country. I’ve finally lit the point where I want to just build a custom bike (I’m addicted to riding now lol and I wanted to be sure I love it first). Probably is my local spot back ordered till October!! I can’t be off the road that Long. So I’m considering just replacing the rear wheel (or both wheels OG from the 80s), until my custom gets here.

Any recs on a strong sturdy 26inch 36 spoke wheel?

Alright after I finally get into my groove is have a accident 🤦🏾‍♂️... Wheel looks worse than the actual fall was. Here’s my delimma. I’ve been sinking money into this gifted ‘87 Schwinn High Country. I’ve finally lit the point where I want to just build a custom bike (I’m addicted to riding now lol and I wanted to be sure I love it first). Probably is my local spot back ordered till October!! I can’t be off the road that Long. So I’m considering just replacing the rear wheel (or both wheels OG from the 80s), until my custom gets here.

Wow glad you’re okay. That’s looks crazy.

How did that happen?

frame rear dropout suffer any damage? I would figure that out first, otherwise your ride just won't be the same until thats figured out.

I would look on CL for an in-between wheel until you get your new bike. just my opinion though. Sometimes just gotta cut the losses.

Wow glad you’re okay. That’s looks crazy.

thanks bro was a tad scary lol

How did that happen?

honestly no clue lol. I was turning right on a busy straight coming off a steep hill and slid. Pavement was slick but nothing I have t road before. Hopped up fast af, wheel looked like this lol.

frame rear dropout suffer any damage? I would figure that out first, otherwise your ride just won't be the same until thats figured out.

I would look on CL for an in-between wheel until you get your new bike. just my opinion though. Sometimes just gotta cut the losses.

Thanks man. I’m definitely at cut losses point. Just waiting until 10/1 is BRUTAL smdh.

thanks bro was a tad scary lol

honestly no clue lol. I was turning right on a busy straight coming off a steep hill and slid. Pavement was slick but nothing I have t road before. Hopped up fast af, wheel looked like this lol.

Thanks man. I’m definitely at cut losses point. Just waiting until 10/1 is BRUTAL smdh.
Yea that sucks. Glad you good though.

Other options are to surf CL or offer up. The bike market sucks right now with the huge influx of new riders.

I almost pulled the trigger on a new bike and just decided to piece together a new groups and upgrade the bones on my old steel.

Good luck.

Got some new wheels and tires for my checkpoint. Bontrager Aeolus Pro 5 carbon fiber wheels and some nice slick Continental Grand Prix 5000 Tubeless tires. Can’t wait to throw these on.

83BA16F6-2AE6-4F5E-80A4-CEB5EF45B09F.jpeg

Attachments

• BCA76F14-9395-4D91-8CF0-B1CCB454B13B.jpeg
    BCA76F14-9395-4D91-8CF0-B1CCB454B13B.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 61
3CC372A2-7F44-4C43-99E3-6BFE2DC4B49A.jpeg

My latest (new to me) pick up. Gonna swap out the tires ASAP & go tubeless, new grips coming in today. Can’t wait to take it on some trails. Anyone have recommendations for a bottle cage? On this bike the mounts are in an awkward place under the bottom tube😅
Nice! I would recommend a good side pull bottle cage, just to reduce the possibility of your bottle falling out since the mounts are on the under side of the down tube. I have this one on my MTB:

Nice! I would recommend a good side pull bottle cage, just to reduce the possibility of your bottle falling out since the mounts are on the under side of the down tube. I have this one on my MTB:

thanks ska! & thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking of getting a side pull. I’ll probably order that in black. Such a weird place for one lol the bottle is def gonna be covered in mud😂

Back
Top Bottom