The Bicycle Thread

3CC372A2-7F44-4C43-99E3-6BFE2DC4B49A.jpeg

My latest (new to me) pick up. Gonna swap out the tires ASAP & go tubeless, new grips coming in today. Can’t wait to take it on some trails. Anyone have recommendations for a bottle cage? On this bike the mounts are in an awkward place under the bottom tube😅
Clean!

Maybe next year ill join the FS gang.

3CC372A2-7F44-4C43-99E3-6BFE2DC4B49A.jpeg

My latest (new to me) pick up. Gonna swap out the tires ASAP & go tubeless, new grips coming in today. Can’t wait to take it on some trails. Anyone have recommendations for a bottle cage? On this bike the mounts are in an awkward place under the bottom tube😅
beautiful

what’s wrong with those tires? i’ll take em off ur hands if they are 26’s

beautiful

what’s wrong with those tires? i’ll take em off ur hands if they are 26’s

thanks man! I def would send them over to you if they were in better shape, but there’s a very small tear in the sidewall of the Maxxis, which are actually tubeless already via the previous owner. The rear continentals have seen better days. Prob gonna go with new Maxxis 2.3 front & rear, just need to decide which model. & yeah they are 29’s

Doing a bikepackin-ish trip on the 14th from Portland to Hood River. Approx. 80 miles from my house.

Any tips on longer rides like this? What to pack, how to eat, hydrate, etc.?

Doing a bikepackin-ish trip on the 14th from Portland to Hood River. Approx. 80 miles from my house.

Any tips on longer rides like this? What to pack, how to eat, hydrate, etc.?

I did a 100 miler recently. Have enough water and try to find a few locations you can fill up so you don’t have to carry extra weight. Regarding food, I try to have a bar or energy gel every hour and then had lunch about half way through. Also, if there are convenience stores on the way, I’d pack a little lighter and pick things up. Carrying extra weight makes it more difficult. I had a backpack on and my shoulders were more sore than my legs the next day. :lol:

I did a 100 miler recently. Have enough water and try to find a few locations you can fill up so you don’t have to carry extra weight. Regarding food, I try to have a bar or energy gel every hour and then had lunch about half way through. Also, if there are convenience stores on the way, I’d pack a little lighter and pick things up. Carrying extra weight makes it more difficult. I had a backpack on and my shoulders were more sore than my legs the next day. :lol:
Thanks!

I will probably have my Pannier. We are biking into the river gorge, which is essentially through the forest, so once we're in the thick of it the stores/gas stations are pretty spread apart. I will probably just pack lunch etc. But it won't be on my back. At least I can shed the weight as we ride.

Only concern is having enough water, but I think some of the parks have refill stations.

Thanks!

I will probably have my Pannier. We are biking into the river gorge, which is essentially through the forest, so once we're in the thick of it the stores/gas stations are pretty spread apart. I will probably just pack lunch etc. But it won't be on my back. At least I can shed the weight as we ride.

Only concern is having enough water, but I think some of the parks have refill stations.
I use two 24oz water bottles in my bike. Then use a 100oz hydration pack for longer rides. That’s like 7 bottles of water.

I use two 24oz water bottles in my bike. Then use a 100oz hydration pack for longer rides. That’s like 7 bottles of water.
Gotcha thanks!. Was thinking of getting a hydration pack. Or at least something small/packable that I can store refill water in.

Would love to own a SL7. Coolest looking ride bike out right now imo. Will be my next bike after I get rid of my Cannondale.

Back
Top Bottom