The Bicycle Thread

What makes them "indoor"? Seems like they have everything an outdoor shoe would have.

Nvm kdawg answered.
I think it’s the soles. You want them hard and not flexible. Although i know a guy that rides in them Nikes and does like 50 mile rides all the time and he said they are fine. So just depends on how sensitive you are to your equipment. I was going to get the Nikes got but some Fiziks instead. Just didn’t want to upgrade in the long run and pay more money to do so.

How do y’all feel about this? I’m trying to be stylish while i ride.

BE6AC064-40AA-4420-B62F-E208B93E8568.png

I bought them cuz they looked cool. I say you’re better off going with a real pair of cycling shoes. They do feel comfortable and the heel in the back is raise, so they do feel like a mountain bike shoe, but you don’t get the same stiffness that a road bike shoe gives you. Here’s a pair of some cheap specialized shoes I’ve been messing with.. the bottom sole is one piece compared to two with the nike superrep.
DEBD71C4-8689-479F-B347-7AEB62614876.jpeg
3C1A6182-426A-48F3-B751-596E304A1F88.jpeg

I bought them cuz they looked cool. I say you’re better off going with a real pair of cycling shoes. They do feel comfortable and the heel in the back is raise, so they do feel like a mountain bike shoe, but you don’t get the same stiffness that a road bike shoe gives you. Here’s a pair of some cheap specialized shoes I’ve been messing with.. the bottom sole is one piece compared to two with the nike superrep.
Thanks for showing the comparison. Do you ever ride with the Nike ones outdoors?

Thanks for showing the comparison. Do you ever ride with the Nike ones outdoors?

Yea I’ve used them on the road and they work. They’re super comfy and the upper material does allow for a lot of air to circulate through them. But you’re probably gonna get the urge to upgrade them sooner then later. I’m thinking down the line I might get a peloton to mess with indoor cycling or get a trainer to mess with zwift.

Just some cheap wheelset. I bought the frame at the time new back in the days for $700 on Craigslist. After buying everything else, I just bought some cheap tires and rims to finish it off. I wouldn’t mind getting new ones but a good set would cost me about the same as the whole bike. So I just have this as my heavy cruiser bike but I still check Craigslist to see any steals.

You can get a decent mid-range wheelset for less than $300. It doesn't have to cost the same as your frame.

These BX streets wild trash.

Potholes and bumps for days.

I know, but once you master those streets you start developing and growing that 6th sense. :evil:

You got a home gym? Mind if you can post pics of your setup? 🤔

You can get a decent mid-range wheelset for less than $300. It doesn't have to cost the same as your frame.

I know, but once you master those streets you start developing and growing that 6th sense. :evil:

You got a home gym? Mind if you can post pics of your setup? 🤔

Sure. I haven’t posted an update in the staying in shape thread... I used to have a cap barbell squat rack, but recently updated to a rogue monster.
5A448B78-ECAE-48F2-BD1F-8A51F96FA2B3.jpeg

That bike looks tough. How is that double bike rack? I saw it at REI but wasn’t sure if it was sturdy enough. Looks like it is though.

That bike looks tough. How is that double bike rack? I saw it at REI but wasn’t sure if it was sturdy enough. Looks like it is though.

it’s solid. no complaints. just bolts on the top part if you want more security. both bikes together weight about 30lbs.

I can grab this 2016 Specialized brand new for $1100, MSRP $1550

yay or nay?

For a new bike with a 105 groupset it's not a bad price. A 2021 Allez Elite with 105 goes for 1350. New bikes are scarce right now, but there's always used. I would test ride first if you can. If you like the color and ride I would go for it. I always buy new if I can afford it.

^I mean, I'm not crazy about the color but I figure beggars can't be choosers considering the circumstance

just happens to be a leftover that never sold so they slashed the price to try and make it move

^I mean, I'm not crazy about the color but I figure beggars can't be choosers considering the circumstance

just happens to be a leftover that never sold so they slashed the price to try and make it move
it depends on how urgently you need the bike. if you can't wait until the winter or next year, then it's not a bad deal, and i'm sure it'll ride pretty well.

but if you can wait, i would wait until you can get a bike that you'll love through and through.

I was actually in a similar predicament recently, granted I do already have a Diverge.

There was a 2020 model Trek that was discounted since their 2021s just came out. However it was black and white, which was just ok. I tried sourcing the white and blue color from another store with no luck. I just decided to wait for the 2021 model. Local dealer said they would send a email to their buyer first to see if they could source the one I wanted since I would have to wait until February with a pre-order. Their regional buyer couldn't get one. Few days later they found the exact one I wanted an hour away. Got it the next day! I'll post pics later.

Try using the Specialized site or any other brands site to check particular bike stock for all of the local shops. It's hit or miss, but I found that it at least gives you a list of all the shops in your area that sell a particular brand/model. Specialized's archive can show stock too. Hope you find one you really want. Also ask if they have demos for sale.

I can grab this 2016 Specialized brand new for $1100, MSRP $1550

1EF9EB27-BE6D-4C83-824B-DA42A13D23A4.png

yay or nay?

I almost went with the Allez as my first "high-end" road bike but ended up settling for the Roubaix instead. Used though, people are still asking for $1000+ on the Allez so I would say go ahead and do it if that bike feels good to you.

Back
Top Bottom