The Bicycle Thread

I rode in running flyknit racers mostly before I got my cycling shoes. I like shoes that I can feel the pedals more so I don't want nothing super thick.

On another note, I finally fell clipped in. I sort of always make sure I unclip at stop lights so it never happened but I was biking to my moms and my mask fell off my face and I tried putting my feet down and just fell to the side. I was fine but bike got scratched which pisses me off more. That is life I guess.

Any recommendations on a budgetish bike pump for at home use? Don’t really need something to bring along with me yet.

Was hoping to find some good Black Friday come ups to build an aftermarket BMX bike but the sales were lacking. Found a couple deals but still ended up paying more than I wanted. I don’t see a lot of BMX on here but for the few that are into it, here’s what I got.

Subrosa frame and forks
Odyssey cranks, bottom bracket, headset, and chain
S&M bars
Shadow conspiracy wheels, stem, sprocket, and grips
Cinema pedals
Stranger seat
Demolition tires

I’ll post some pics once it’s all built up
nice, been wanting the whammo frame to build up but got lazy/distracted.
you riding a brake? also, any pegs? freecoaster or cassette?

Charlie got the funniest bike check, i feel like his brake is a joke :lol:

been riding brakeless on bmx for about two years now, already went through like 4 pairs of kicks 🤦‍♂️

nice, been wanting the whammo frame to build up but got lazy/distracted.
you riding a brake? also, any pegs? freecoaster or cassette?

Charlie got the funniest bike check, i feel like his brake is a joke :lol:

been riding brakeless on bmx for about two years now, already went through like 4 pairs of kicks 🤦‍♂️

Yea, I’m going with a straight cable, cassette, and no pegs. I may eventually put a couple pegs on though. My current bike is a Sunday complete with a coaster. The coaster is fun but I wanted to go back to cassette.

Nice. i have a wtp complete but swapped quite a few of the aesthetic parts for merritt.

I never tried a coaster but just the fact that it's so silent, scares the crap out of me :lol: since i mostly ride sidewalks,
gotta make sure these pedestrians can hear me :nerd:

Nice. i have a wtp complete but swapped quite a few of the aesthetic parts for merritt.

I never tried a coaster but just the fact that it's so silent, scares the crap out of me :lol: since i mostly ride sidewalks,
gotta make sure these pedestrians can hear me :nerd:

:lol: I used to flick my brake lever so it would make a metal clank noise a handful of times so people would hear my coming up on them.

This new bike is the first one I’ll have attempted to put together from scratch. I actually destroyed a bottom bracket bearing this morning :frown:. I was trying to press them in with a bench vise, but that only worked so well. I eventually got them on after some unpleasant hammering only to realize the internal spacer was a little too short. I tried to pop it back out By hammering the outside ring with a screw driver. It ended up slipping and the screwdriver went through the bearing. I had to order a new one. Lesson learned I guess lol.

Stupid question, and i feel like i've asked this before...

But how do you guys find the confidence to go out on solo rides? :blush:

I do it all the time. What holds you back? Are you just bored or are you concerned about getting hurt by yourself?

Naw i'm not bored :lol:

Lack of self-confidence and also the fact that i don't know where to go. I don't have a pre-planned route, when i ride it's with a person who knows where he's going.

Also, I just moved and i don't know the area too well. Although it's in the same city, just a different neighborhood from where i grew up.

Lack of self-confidence and also the fact that i don't know where to go. I don't have a pre-planned route, when i ride it's with a person who knows where he's going.

Also, I just moved and i don't know the area too well. Although it's in the same city, just a different neighborhood from where i grew up.

Go ride to your old neighborhood. On the way back try a different route. I used to feel the same way. I live near BK so I started going there then little by little I ventured further in then rode in the city and just go anywhere I wanted to. I walk around the city a lot so sometimes I’ll revisit spots I walked thru with my bike.

Stupid question, and i feel like i've asked this before...

But how do you guys find the confidence to go out on solo rides? :blush:

It's easy and actually quite fun. Not sure where you live but it sort forces you to explore in places you probably never did before. I think as long as you have a phone, you won't be in real trouble. I always have one earpiece in for some tunes which helps a lot on solo rides and Google and Apple Maps have bike routs made. Just find a destination and then have Google do the rest. It's that easy.

3854E843-2357-4D7E-B4FD-2A9788BA6790.jpeg

bought this like two years ago for nostalgia purposes. rode it maybe 3x

i checked it on ebay and it went up 3x in value lol

still wouldn’t sell it though this is the time machine to my childhood

I rode solo a lot. 10-20 miles depending how motivated I am. If you're handy with repair tools and parts then pack em in a bag and go out in the event something needs to be fixed.
In a new neighborhood or location I do a route similar to this:
From starting point ride 2-3 miles in one direction,
then ride back to the starting point and then go 2-3 miles the other way.
That way your never too far from your starting point where you go.
Once comfortable with that go venture further.
Mash on.

Sup my people, my nephew is wants a new bmx bike for christmas and my question is...
What’s the best bike for starters and 8-9yr old? No mongoose plz

Man winter cycling makes you mentally tough.
30 miles in 23degrees fahrenheit aint no joke. My toes and fingers were freezing by the time i got back home. No snow though atleast not yet.

Gloves, overshoes and decent socks are the main things you need for winter riding. A neck gaiter thing is nice too.

Man winter cycling makes you mentally tough.
30 miles in 23degrees fahrenheit aint no joke. My toes and fingers were freezing by the time i got back home. No snow though atleast not yet.

Man......fug that. I went on a ride today complaining about the wind but it's at least 70s today. Need to put my foot in my mouth and shut up.

New build I am working on. 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon frame with an ENVE fork. Actually got my whole group on yesterday so I will get an updated pic tomorrow. Amazon was slacking on deliver, so I never got my bar tape :smh:. Probably do a shake down ride anyway to get it fine tuned.

I want a new saddle that fits the bikes look better. Brooks C17 is a good saddle but just doesn't fit the bike. Came from my steel bike same with the group. Any saddle recs? Seems like the Specialized Power is popular and the Fizik Tempo. Leaning on the Fizik since I always liked their saddles. Will also eventually get a carbon wheel set, probably around 50mm.

IMG_4597.jpeg

Sup my people, my nephew is wants a new bmx bike for christmas and my question is...
What’s the best bike for starters and 8-9yr old? No mongoose plz
a bunch of completes on the sites i use are on backorder but I'm assuming you'll need an 18inch or 16inch?
I'd probably go with a cult, gt performer jr, fit or Sunday

New bike build complete minus the brake. Made a lot of mistakes and there was a lot of trial and error, as well as YouTube tutorials to get me through lol.
8119012E-85AC-42EE-81D4-ABB8E34D6319.jpeg

007D1774-FD15-4DD0-8ED1-501BED75CF81.jpeg

Subrosa 21” OM frame
Subrosa Simone forks 27mm
S&M Perfect 10 bars
Odyssey 165mm Thunderbolt cranks LHD
Shadow Conspiracy Symbol cassette rear wheel LHD
Shadow Conspiracy Symbol front wheel
Shadow Conspiracy Matt Ray VVS front load stem
Shadow Conspiracy Matt Ray VVS grips
Shadow Conspiracy 28t Cranium sprocket
Cinema Chad Kerley pedals
Demolition 2.35 Momentum tires
Stranger John Hicks combo seat
Odyssey Bluebird half link chain
Odyssey Pro Conical headset
Rant bottom bracket

New bike build complete minus the brake. Made a lot of mistakes and there was a lot of trial and error, as well as YouTube tutorials to get me through lol.
8119012E-85AC-42EE-81D4-ABB8E34D6319.jpeg

007D1774-FD15-4DD0-8ED1-501BED75CF81.jpeg

Subrosa 21” OM frame
Subrosa Simone forks 27mm
S&M Perfect 10 bars
Odyssey 165mm Thunderbolt cranks LHD
Shadow Conspiracy Symbol cassette rear wheel LHD
Shadow Conspiracy Symbol front wheel
Shadow Conspiracy Matt Ray VVS front load stem
Shadow Conspiracy Matt Ray VVS grips
Shadow Conspiracy 28t Cranium sprocket
Cinema Chad Kerley pedals