The Bicycle Thread

with no pegs and lhd, I'm getting the feeling you might be Morgan Long :nerd:

favorite rider?

I don’t really have a favorite. I do enjoy the Shadow/Subrosa dudes a lot(Matt Ray, Trey Jones, Simone, Mark Burnett) and I lived in Orlando for a while so they hold a little place in my heart lol. There’s a long list of riders who’s videos I’ll stop on but it’s probably a lot of the usual suspects. I rode BMX until about 07 but got back into it like a year ago so there’s still a lot of dudes I’m not up on. YouTube usually recommends stuff to me and I’ll learn about dudes.

Any recommendations on a budgetish bike pump for at home use? Don’t really need something to bring along with me yet.

I don't know what your budget is, but i got a Lezyne floor pump and it's been solid so far

Go ride to your old neighborhood. On the way back try a different route. I used to feel the same way. I live near BK so I started going there then little by little I ventured further in then rode in the city and just go anywhere I wanted to. I walk around the city a lot so sometimes I’ll revisit spots I walked thru with my bike.

Thing is, i'm gonna have to pass directly thru one of the roughest parts of the city by myself. My boy was telling me the other day of this bike theft ring going around there, where they pull up with a car at gunpoint and take your bike...

I'm trying to avoid all that

It's easy and actually quite fun. Not sure where you live but it sort forces you to explore in places you probably never did before. I think as long as you have a phone, you won't be in real trouble. I always have one earpiece in for some tunes which helps a lot on solo rides and Google and Apple Maps have bike routs made. Just find a destination and then have Google do the rest. It's that easy.

Those bike routes on Google maps are butt cheeks. I wonder if cycling computers come up with the same routes, which tells me they probably use the same OS. You're right about the tunes, i've never rode with music before since i'm trying to always be aware of my surroundings.

I rode solo a lot. 10-20 miles depending how motivated I am. If you're handy with repair tools and parts then pack em in a bag and go out in the event something needs to be fixed.
In a new neighborhood or location I do a route similar to this:
From starting point ride 2-3 miles in one direction,
then ride back to the starting point and then go 2-3 miles the other way.
That way your never too far from your starting point where you go.
Once comfortable with that go venture further.
Mash on.

Man i just saw your post on reddit the other week with a big group ride :lol:

But yea, i know how to wrench on bikes. I've transferred a bb and crankset from an old frame onto a new frame before.

I like that idea, gonna try going in all 4 directions.

On another note, my bib shorts came in from heavy pedal

Unfortunately, they're a bit tight on me and restrict leg movement

Gonna send them back and hope i can exchange for the next size up

I want a new saddle that fits the bikes look better. Brooks C17 is a good saddle but just doesn't fit the bike. Came from my steel bike same with the group. Any saddle recs? Seems like the Specialized Power is popular and the Fizik Tempo. Leaning on the Fizik since I always liked their saddles. Will also eventually get a carbon wheel set, probably around 50mm.

I got the Fizik Argo R5 recently and I really like it. Firm but still comfy.

pics? :nerd: me and MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain make good judgments 8)

Pause...i can tell y'all not from Harlem

Z_KngZ.gif

Thanks for the motivation to go out and ride solo fellas, will do it again. I wasn't planning on riding this long, but i said what the hell since i was already starting to warm up. I went all the way down to one of my favorite parks where all the fine women go and walk their dogs. Threw on my wireless earbuds but they ended up dying on the way back home listening to some Curren$y.

Screenshot_20201209-213712.png

Screenshot_20201209-202337.png

Word. Keep it moving, my man.
What’s on your cycling playlists?
90% of the time I’m playing Wu-Tang, otherwise it’s some sports podcast

Thanks for the motivation to go out and ride solo fellas, will do it again. I wasn't planning on riding this long, but i said what the hell since i was already starting to warm up. I went all the way down to one of my favorite parks where all the fine women go and walk their dogs. Threw on my wireless earbuds but they ended up dying on the way back home listening to some Curren$y.

Screenshot_20201209-213712.png

Screenshot_20201209-202337.png
Nice! I was out riding yesterday too. Got to love SF people for keeping it busy cause a lot of people were running, cycling, working out, etc. You definitely don't feel alone.

I have Apple Music and I'll just ask to play something and just let it roll. Been supporting our local rapper Larry June. His music is dope and easy on the ears. I have usually just one Powerbeats pro on my right ear and use my other ear for my general surroundings.

Word. Keep it moving, my man.
What’s on your cycling playlists?
90% of the time I’m playing Wu-Tang, otherwise it’s some sports podcast

Whatever i'm in the mood for...it could be UK rap one day and afrobeat the next day.

Nice! I was out riding yesterday too. Got to love SF people for keeping it busy cause a lot of people were running, cycling, working out, etc. You definitely don't feel alone.

I have Apple Music and I'll just ask to play something and just let it roll. Been supporting our local rapper Larry June. His music is dope and easy on the ears. I have usually just one Powerbeats pro on my right ear and use my other ear for my general surroundings.

Around my area, you don't see many people outside cycling or jogging....i gotta ride to the other side of town for that :lol:

And when the temps drop? It's basically a ghost town outside. Last week we got a cold front which dropped around 62°F and there were people with goose down jackets on :rofl:

Yea i've heard a few of Larry June's songs but i haven't really sat down and digested a whole project from him. As for earbuds, my coworker gifted me his old used powerbeats. They're bluetooth but they still have that cable connecting the two sides. I find it hard to keep the earbud that's not on my ear from moving around.

On another note(yes i'm going to double post)

New tires came last week from amazon black friday.....4 season>>>>>gatorskin

Also got the stasdock bike rack in, and my first impression is that it's quite solid and kinda heavy. I've yet to mount it on the wall because i'm still thinking about where to put it.

PXL_20201218_012828117.jpg

PXL_20201218_013004734.jpg

On another note(yes i'm going to double post)

New tires came last week from amazon black friday.....4 season>>>>>gatorskin

Also got the stasdock bike rack in, and my first impression is that it's quite solid and kinda heavy. I've yet to mount it on the wall because i'm still thinking about where to put it.

PXL_20201218_012828117.jpg

PXL_20201218_013004734.jpg
Nice pickups. I grabbed the GP5000 from the BF amazon sale. I havent mounted them. I may sell them since I am thinking of grabbing a new carbon wheel set and going tubeless.

edit: I run the 4 seasons now and I gotta say I do like them better than gator skins.

Was thinking of the Tuo myself but the vibration would probably annoy my neighbors since i'm in an apartment. Waiting on a kickr core whenever that ships.

Last Thursday’s ride. Had the day off, so we planned a nice climb up Glendora Mountain Road. Perfect day, great views.. descents were freezing.
C903ABCB-53E5-4931-92C8-B633B78172C9.jpeg
F4759C75-71A6-45A5-A58F-A66D41E18DC6.jpeg
2E6A56FA-FF29-426E-9471-012574A3A5E4.jpeg

Those views are amazing!!! Since you out in LA, have you ran into SAFA Brian? I been watching his descent videos lately and it kinda makes me want to get a road bike in the future :lol:

Picked up my first bike trainer. Excited to be get some rides in

Nice....can that trainer be used with Zwift?

Those views are amazing!!! Since you out in LA, have you ran into SAFA Brian? I been watching his descent videos lately and it kinda makes me want to get a road bike in the future :lol:

Nice....can that trainer be used with Zwift?

His videos are crazy. I think most of his rides are in the Malibu area, so I’m still pretty far away from where he rides.

I like watching videos like this, putting a bike together ain't that hard as long as you got the right tools.

Back
Top Bottom