The Bicycle Thread

I have a roof rack which can take 4 bikes - but it takes up tons of space and kills the fuel economy.

Next car I want a tow hook so I can mount one there - much easier to put them there and more out of the wind. It also means I can use the roof storage box at the same time.
which roof rack?

i was looking at the possibility of buying a sea sucker

I have 2 Thule bike holders and 2 cheap copies - with cross pieces from local car parts place that fit onto the rails on my SUV.

1619076008918.jpeg

These ones are good and really secure - but the cheap ones are okay too if the bikes are the right size - the clamping mechanism just isn’t as nice.

Bought my mom and little sis a single speed from State Bicycle so they can come and ride with me. Off first impressions, it feels a little heavy to be 4130 chromoly steel. But I think it might be due to the compoments, they can go ahead and buy upgrades. I already did my part in spending the big money buying them the complete bike :lol:

PXL_20210424_143323651.jpg

You don't realize how many gradients your neighborhood has just driving around till you get on the bike. Got a road bike and a fixed but haven't even bothered taking the fixie out. Might sell it.

They're gonna love hills lol

South Florida is relatively flat, plus they can stop pedaling if they feel tired. One thing they're gonna love is going downhill on all these bridges LOL

You don't realize how many gradients your neighborhood has just driving around till you get on the bike. Got a road bike and a fixed but haven't even bothered taking the fixie out. Might sell it.

That's true, there's a small climb on my commute home from the train station. The whole stretch of road doesn't look steep, until you get like 20% in and you realize gravity is holding you back. What's your fixed gear bike? Me and you bout the same size, so I might be interested 🤔

I actually don't mind doing hilly rides on my fixie. It's a great workout. :lol:

Riding a brakeless track bike has made my legs much stronger 📠

I commute on a single speed when the weather is bad - and I quite like it. There’s no option but to just get on with it. Proves that tough things are often just psychological - with gears it’s tempting to just take it easy.

I love the reaction from roadies when they realize they're getting dropped by a guy on one gear :rofl:

So does anyone need a track frame my lbs **** up my seat mast so need to get rid of this frame have a new one coming in.

Attachments

• B3DCBF3C-065C-4471-9CC9-C5856342365A.jpeg
    B3DCBF3C-065C-4471-9CC9-C5856342365A.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 54
got a huffy mountain bike from walmart just waiting for it to be shipped... i know its a cheap bike but im just going to ride around my neighborhood and not through trails or anything lol

So does anyone need a track frame my lbs **** up my seat mast so need to get rid of this frame have a new one coming in.

Did you tell them to cut that much seat mast? You can still ride it like that

got a huffy mountain bike from walmart just waiting for it to be shipped... i know its a cheap bike but im just going to ride around my neighborhood and not through trails or anything lol

Wal mart bikes are bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality. I won't be surprised when something breaks within a month.

South Florida is relatively flat, plus they can stop pedaling if they feel tired. One thing they're gonna love is going downhill on all these bridges LOL

That's true, there's a small climb on my commute home from the train station. The whole stretch of road doesn't look steep, until you get like 20% in and you realize gravity is holding you back. What's your fixed gear bike? Me and you bout the same size, so I might be interested 🤔

Riding a brakeless track bike has made my legs much stronger 📠

I love the reaction from roadies when they realize they're getting dropped by a guy on one gear :rofl:
Aventon Mataro. Got nothing to ship it in though.

Did you tell them to cut that much seat mast? You can still ride it like that

No told them to cut to my specifications but he said due to the setback on my seat post he had to cut to that length which is not true and yeah I know I can ride it like that but I guess it's mainly about the look for me

Aventon Mataro. Got nothing to ship it in though.

Damn, you might be SOL.

From what I remember reading, Aventon ain't even making that model anymore. They are more focused on producing e-bikes since those seem to be having the biggest boom.

Damn, you wanted the seatmast cut only enough so that your saddle was slammed?

That's def a mistake on the bike shop's part

Sea Suckers are friggen amazing!
Here's my propel & my s3

Are they as good as advertised?

Damn, you might be SOL.

From what I remember reading, Aventon ain't even making that model anymore. They are more focused on producing e-bikes since those seem to be having the biggest boom.

Damn, you wanted the seatmast cut only enough so that your saddle was slammed?

That's def a mistake on the bike shop's part

Yeah I wanted it slammed, which sucks, going to see how far I can push this cause I need at least a full refund.

Are they as good as advertised?

NBD!

took it out on some gravel and easy single track yesterday, hella fun! those dirt miles hit different than road miles.

Attachments

• FF452F7B-DE8A-4A45-9F5A-B3868C406E11.jpeg
    FF452F7B-DE8A-4A45-9F5A-B3868C406E11.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 46
Did my longest ride yet over the weekend

C9C53766-5385-4AAB-968F-4229FAE73B2F.png

Had to walk to finish a couple of the hills

2FFAFD60-BAAF-4FD6-B4CA-B9ABC9FD19C4.png
9D1DFF35-80AA-4D40-81EB-C2200F8D0210.png
78966727-DC70-4B40-AA86-7F7A76196723.png

Honestly, I bit off a little more than I could chew with this ride only having 50 miles under my belt prior

gonna stick to shorter rides for awhile unless it’s less climbing involved
Keep at it, only way is up from here!

I got a good half a year to get my bearings straight in this hobby before it gets cold

gonna try to squeeze a 10~ miler in after work sometime during the week and then something longer over the weekend

Back
Top Bottom