The Bicycle Thread

Anyone had any experience with the Pirelli cinturato Velo? Are they better than Conti gator skins or on par with them?

Looking to get the Canyon Endurace once my size is back in stock. What are people's thoughts on Di2? Is it worth it? What are the pros?

It's an extra $1k on the Canyon.
IMO if the cost doesnt hurt you then do it. I like the low maintenance and no re-cabling required.

But I say electronic an mechanical are really close in shifting honestly. Again if it doesnt hurt the pockets and you got it like that go for it. If it is a big hit to the pockets, youll be just as happy with mechanical IMO

Went for a ride sunday morning with my roadie co-worker....wish i could have taken pics of the real estate but it was raining and we were rushing to get back home

PXL_20210509_144625212.jpg
PXL_20210509_144541084.jpg
Screenshot_20210511-134431.png

Looking to get the Canyon Endurace once my size is back in stock. What are people's thoughts on Di2? Is it worth it? What are the pros?

It's an extra $1k on the Canyon.

Which groupset tier of Di2 are we talking about? Dura Ace or Ultegra?

I would say to wait it out, Shimano might be releasing a 105 Di2 groupset

Anyone had any experience with the Pirelli cinturato Velo? Are they better than Conti gator skins or on par with them?

I've never ran Pirelli's on my bike, but I find Gatorskins to be over-hyped

Which groupset tier of Di2 are we talking about? Dura Ace or Ultegra?

I would say to wait it out, Shimano might be releasing a 105 Di2 groupset

I've never ran Pirelli's on my bike, but I find Gatorskins to be over-hyped

Think it’s the Ultegra. I’m on the fence with Di2. Might just get whichever bike comes in stock first. :lol:

Think it’s the Ultegra. I’m on the fence with Di2. Might just get whichever bike comes in stock first. :lol:
Does Canyon offer SRAM groupsets?

SRAM just released their third tier Rival Etap, which makes it affordable for people to get into electronic shifting

Does Canyon offer SRAM groupsets?

SRAM just released their third tier Rival Etap, which makes it affordable for people to get into electronic shifting

No idea but with how demand is, think I'll stick to the first one in stock. I got a specialized diverge that is like 6 years old now. Anything will feel like an upgrade at this point. :lol:

Never biked anything else but Ultegra is fine by me. I think I was going to get a bike with lesser gears and the guy at the bike shop said you can never not like more gears.....and he was right. It comes in clutch on those hills when you start to gas out on another gear.

I spent all last year finally putting miles on my Specialized Allez, which was just a low end Shimano 8-speed, and not having those three extra gears matters so much. You can just never find the right gear whether it be a hill or on the flats. Inevitably you get tired out trying to find the right gear for your cadence. So, I highly suggest an 11-speed.

But whatever is available is definitely the right bike right now. Just make sure it's your size. That's the most important determining factor. I was lucky enough to find what I was looking for at my local shop and pulled the trigger as the stimmy hit at just the right time and couldn't be happier. BMC Teammachine, full carbon, mechanical Ultegra with disc brakes, 52/36 up front and 11/30 in the back and what a difference. It pushed me forward by leaps and bounds. Got it March 17th and already got over 700 miles on it.
IMG_5428.jpg

No idea but with how demand is, think I'll stick to the first one in stock. I got a specialized diverge that is like 6 years old now. Anything will feel like an upgrade at this point. :lol:

Just checked the Canyon site and it looks like they offer SRAM Red, but it's $500 more than Dura Ace.

Has Canyon fixed the steer tube issue tho?

I spent all last year finally putting miles on my Specialized Allez, which was just a low end Shimano 8-speed, and not having those three extra gears matters so much. You can just never find the right gear whether it be a hill or on the flats. Inevitably you get tired out trying to find the right gear for your cadence. So, I highly suggest an 11-speed.

But whatever is available is definitely the right bike right now. Just make sure it's your size. That's the most important determining factor. I was lucky enough to find what I was looking for at my local shop and pulled the trigger as the stimmy hit at just the right time and couldn't be happier. BMC Teammachine, full carbon, mechanical Ultegra with disc brakes, 52/36 up front and 11/30 in the back and what a difference. It pushed me forward by leaps and bounds. Got it March 17th and already got over 700 miles on it.
IMG_5428.jpg

Non drive-side pics :smh:

Can anyone comment on the quality of MAAP or Black Sheep bibs? I’ve been riding Rapha Pro Team Trainers for a while but their bibs suck. Threads begin to unravel at the year mark. Jerseys are quality. I can ride the pro trainers all day and get no saddle sores, so I always find my way back.

Any thoughts about disc brakes on road bikes??

I’ve not tried it myself but i know the majority of new bikes are going that way.

Any thoughts about disc brakes on road bikes??

I’ve not tried it myself but i know the majority of new bikes are going that way.
It is pretty much the new standard but if you get rim brakes, you'll probably get a better price. But they are awesome. They seem to grip better in my experience and if you ever needed to stop on a dime, disc brakes would be the best thing to have. If you bike in a more urban setting, it comes in useful when dumb drivers don't know what they are doing.

Just checked the Canyon site and it looks like they offer SRAM Red, but it's $500 more than Dura Ace.

Has Canyon fixed the steer tube issue tho?

Non drive-side pics :smh:

Lol when I bought my bike the employee took a pic of me with it for their shop and said "MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS HAVE THE DRIVE SIDE FACING THE CAMERA BIKE PEOPLE ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO"

I was just like "Okay..." but now I see it's true :lol:

It is pretty much the new standard but if you get rim brakes, you'll probably get a better price. But they are awesome. They seem to grip better in my experience and if you ever needed to stop on a dime, disc brakes would be the best thing to have. If you bike in a more urban setting, it comes in useful when dumb drivers don't know what they are doing.

Yeah i imagined the stopping power would be better.

Any issues with the brakes rubbing or catching in your experience??

Can anyone comment on the quality of MAAP or Black Sheep bibs? I’ve been riding Rapha Pro Team Trainers for a while but their bibs suck. Threads begin to unravel at the year mark. Jerseys are quality. I can ride the pro trainers all day and get no saddle sores, so I always find my way back.

What kind mileage you doing bro?

Rapha supposed to be great on the quality front from what i’ve read... I’ve recently got some bibs from them and they look and feel great.

I’m not sure how long bibs are supposed hold up though.

Yeah i imagined the stopping power would be better.

Any issues with the brakes rubbing or catching in your experience??
No. Not yet anyways. They’ve been solid aside from squeaking noise from rain getting in it during the winter. It went away though after some rides.

Finally went out for a ride today. Haven’t been on the road since early March.

8D224C5E-77CB-45F1-9ADF-098AB1CB8AB4.jpeg

No. Not yet anyways. They’ve been solid aside from squeaking noise from rain getting in it during the winter. It went away though after some rides.

Finally went out for a ride today. Haven’t been on the road since early March.

8D224C5E-77CB-45F1-9ADF-098AB1CB8AB4.jpeg

My Bianchi is reverse colorway, digging yours way more though.

z3m43nF.jpg

first real gravel ride up to the top of elysian park
hitting 25-30 on the way down in pitch black at midnight > *

Back
Top Bottom