***The Canadian Pre-Order Thread vol. no camping needed***

Ok, I can confirm that Footlocker will not be doing anymore pre-orders. Spoke to my guy here in MTL @ Footlocker. Sad day.

Wow, they eliminated arguably the most fair way of getting sneakers. Not looking forward to the release of black cement iv's and black/red xi's.

Well I'm officially boned. Looks like no Oly 6s/7s and bred 4s for me. <sigh>

Way to ditch the EASIEST system that actually was WORKING.

Originally Posted by edmtl

Ok, I can confirm that Footlocker will not be doing anymore pre-orders. Spoke to my guy here in MTL @ Footlocker. Sad day.
Didn't I do that already?
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm very pissed at this. There's no need to remove that system.

Let's the mayhem begins.... sadly.

The system works, but in some cases it was abused.

Would have like it better if they have a 2 pair limit per person w/ ID.

Sure there's always going to be loopholes, but it would be fair game I guess.

I guess you better be friend with someone at FL now, cause those are the only people who gonna be able to get the shoes!

Originally Posted by Steven1562

ea336b726a81e44b7826646e89934da6b7a6766f_r.gif

sick.gif
 Does this mean we have to camp for every big release ?
^ This gif right here, pretty much sums it up for me and the others. lol

Originally Posted by jayem

Let's the mayhem begins.... sadly.

The system works, but in some cases it was abused.

Would have like it better if they have a 2 pair limit per person w/ ID.

Sure there's always going to be loopholes, but it would be fair game I guess.
100% agreed

Very sad day for Canadian Sneaker Enthusiasts

i received this email on the 24th....I was gonna post but was so upset I didnt want to think or look at sneakers at the time

"Hey Guys,

This is an announcement from Nike Canada, effective yesterday 4 pm eastern time, 6pm mountain time:

1. There will no longer be any more pre-selling on Nike Launch Products. (i.e. Jordan's, Kobe's, Lebron's, Air Force's, etc.)
2. No holds on Nike Launch Product. (i.e. customers are not entitled to call the store and ask to put a pair on hold.)
3. No pictures of Nike Launch Product will be shown before launch day. No posts for the public.

For anyone that has already made pre-orders for the Lebron 9 South Beach and Air Jordan Military 4's, prior to 4pm eastern time yesterday, they will be honoured.
For all remaining pairs, customers have to line up on luanch day to purchase a pair. First come, first serve.

Moving forward, this is the policy that Nike has enforced and 100% compliance is expected. No exceptions.

Thank you for your co-operation.

If any questions, please call us at the store."

This is all bull +### and especially sucks for ppl like myself who tend to work Saturdays.

I think this is a good time for me to make my exit out the 'game'.....and that name has never been more fitting till now for Canadians....now releases are gonna be a game of whether you get or not and Kijiji will be the newest place for you to cop your kicks.....JUST SAD
frown.gif

Very frustrating, again, there was no need to scrap that system here. Nike Canada is doing this for the customers to put in more work when it wasn't needed. It's all about lineups now.

This was the best way to do things..things never got out of hand when they did pre orders.

smh

Disappointing.

When I hear what's happening in the US over shoes... Now it is going to happen here.

Will we wait for someone to get stab or killed over a pair of Yezzy's or Bred 11 to understand.

SMH nike canada, I thought you were better than that.

Life was so much easier when you didn't have to worry about lining up for shoes and if you'd be able to get your size. Stupid %$$ nike

man i dont even smh or nothing....wait till one day the bloor nike store gets mobbed or ftl at eaton center or something....yeah sure they want chaos they are THOSE kinds of people....but it will come back to haunt them trust....little guy will always win because we make nike what it is...@ the end of the day its a hustle and these people dont just want our money...they want our lives....im getting serious but it is what it is.....we sell out EVERY Pre order....willing to pay BEFORE receiving product..but thats not enough?!?!?!? BUN nike....im over the game....might aswell go west and work on some rigs and buy out flight club..i HIGHLY doubt they could even do that in the states just cause of sheer #s...im venting cause its over...my bad bout all the negative energy i shouldnt let them do this to me...

So moving forward, any word on what system will be in place (for Nike/FTL/Champs/etc.)? Twitter, raffles, or just straight up first-come-first-serve aka camping?

Because if it's the latter, I'm too old (turning 32) to be hanging out with some teens and their lawn chairs for every shoe release. Might as join in on the retirenment party.

^^^^

DRO3000 wrote:

Very sad day for Canadian Sneaker Enthusiasts

i received this email on the 24th....I was gonna post but was so upset I didnt want to think or look at sneakers at the time

"Hey Guys,

This is an announcement from Nike Canada, effective yesterday 4 pm eastern time, 6pm mountain time:

1. There will no longer be any more pre-selling on Nike Launch Products. (i.e. Jordan's, Kobe's, Lebron's, Air Force's, etc.)
2. No holds on Nike Launch Product. (i.e. customers are not entitled to call the store and ask to put a pair on hold.)
3. No pictures of Nike Launch Product will be shown before launch day. No posts for the public.

For anyone that has already made pre-orders for the Lebron 9 South Beach and Air Jordan Military 4's, prior to 4pm eastern time yesterday, they will be honoured.
For all remaining pairs, customers have to line up on luanch day to purchase a pair. First come, first serve.

Moving forward, this is the policy that Nike has enforced and 100% compliance is expected. No exceptions.

Thank you for your co-operation.

If any questions, please call us at the store."

This is all bull +### and especially sucks for ppl like myself who tend to work Saturdays.

I think this is a good time for me to make my exit out the 'game'.....and that name has never been more fitting till now for Canadians....now releases are gonna be a game of whether you get or not and Kijiji will be the newest place for you to cop your kicks.....JUST SAD
frown.gif

My bad, reading is fundamental
nerd.gif

I was just curious since I saw in the Yeezy 2 thread that stores were doing twitter/raffle, and if there was any word if that was going to happen for any other releases

Back
Top Bottom