The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Definitely don't f around with that note ##*%. Straight cash...auto auctions. Wouldn't do it any other way.
Did you get that Range that had the crackhead price?
Na..._'s kept giving me nightmare stories on Range's. Heard they're one...if not the worst when it comes to maintenance. 
I'm playing the auctions now for a new whip. 
love how they look but ive heard the same

electrical issues right?
More or less.

Sad that such a beautiful car is worth **$$ because of maintenance.

I got an 01 Altima I got in 07 for $5k cash. Its held me down and with my college graduation looming this upcoming school year I was thinking about getting a brand new whip but these car payments seem too much. Im trying to land something within the 200-300 monthly range on a 4 year plan but Im definitely sticking to a certified preowned when I go shopping.

I got an 01 Altima I got in 07 for $5k cash. Its held me down and with my college graduation looming this upcoming school year I was thinking about getting a brand new whip but these car payments seem too much. Im trying to land something within the 200-300 monthly range on a 4 year plan but Im definitely sticking to a certified preowned when I go shopping.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

1) first car was a 97' camry with about 70k miles

purchased it in 03' for $9,700 in cash (the car was in immaculate condition with all service records provided)...put 120k worry free miles on it (less than 2k in unscheduled maintenance in 7 years of ownership). selling it now for $2,700 (will take 2k for it, though)--so after it sells, I basically put no money in it besides tires/oil changes.

2) just picked up an 07' acura TL with 40k miles

had the money to purchase it in cash, but it would have left me with very little liquid savings, plus i didn't have any auto loan on my credit report. got the car from a private seller for 20k, put 14k down, financed 6k for 24 months at 4.75%. so my payment is $263 for 2 years that gets directly pulled from my account each month--going to let the loan mature for the full 24 months so I have a good term loan on my credit report for future purchases (mortgage, next car, etc.). btw, i'll only end up paying ~260 in interest over the 2 year period (a small price to pay for a solid term (auto) loan that will remain on my credit report for 10 years after the maturity date).

at times, i think i should have picked up an 06-08 accord for around 16-18k (and jumped into the luxury car market on my next purchase) but i'm happy with the TL so far (love this body style). hoping it proves to be as reliable as my camry was...

in my opinion, it's better to buy slightly used. for your first car (HS or early college) i'd pick up a 5-7 year old camry or accord. for the rest (once you get a solid job) i'd pick up a 2-3 year old used vehicle with low miles. i don't think i'll ever buy new...rather let someone else take the depreciation hit, while i reap the benefits.

-waystinthyme
This!! Only paying 260 in interest is a win in my book.

The next car i buy is going to be about 18k and im going to try and put 10k down. I have a 98 camry right now to get me through college.
Btw two people are posting on this screen name, my boy has the GT, and i have the camry. <Just incase anyone was confused.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

1) first car was a 97' camry with about 70k miles

purchased it in 03' for $9,700 in cash (the car was in immaculate condition with all service records provided)...put 120k worry free miles on it (less than 2k in unscheduled maintenance in 7 years of ownership). selling it now for $2,700 (will take 2k for it, though)--so after it sells, I basically put no money in it besides tires/oil changes.

2) just picked up an 07' acura TL with 40k miles

had the money to purchase it in cash, but it would have left me with very little liquid savings, plus i didn't have any auto loan on my credit report. got the car from a private seller for 20k, put 14k down, financed 6k for 24 months at 4.75%. so my payment is $263 for 2 years that gets directly pulled from my account each month--going to let the loan mature for the full 24 months so I have a good term loan on my credit report for future purchases (mortgage, next car, etc.). btw, i'll only end up paying ~260 in interest over the 2 year period (a small price to pay for a solid term (auto) loan that will remain on my credit report for 10 years after the maturity date).

at times, i think i should have picked up an 06-08 accord for around 16-18k (and jumped into the luxury car market on my next purchase) but i'm happy with the TL so far (love this body style). hoping it proves to be as reliable as my camry was...

in my opinion, it's better to buy slightly used. for your first car (HS or early college) i'd pick up a 5-7 year old camry or accord. for the rest (once you get a solid job) i'd pick up a 2-3 year old used vehicle with low miles. i don't think i'll ever buy new...rather let someone else take the depreciation hit, while i reap the benefits.

-waystinthyme
This!! Only paying 260 in interest is a win in my book.

The next car i buy is going to be about 18k and im going to try and put 10k down. I have a 98 camry right now to get me through college.
Btw two people are posting on this screen name, my boy has the GT, and i have the camry. <Just incase anyone was confused.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

05 TSX for 7k @ a dealer auction
pimp.gif

I wanna get a tl type s for my next car but none have showed up..
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 you won
it depends how the auction goes that day...my boy copped a 03 RX 330 for 4900 while i was getting lunch 
mad.gif
 i ended up paying 5500 for my 03 camry...i should've waited 5 mins a 04 g35 went for 6k

pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 you won
it depends how the auction goes that day...my boy copped a 03 RX 330 for 4900 while i was getting lunch 
mad.gif
 i ended up paying 5500 for my 03 camry...i should've waited 5 mins a 04 g35 went for 6k

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

$546.99 a month for a 2003 Nissan Maxima.

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

Learned a very important lesson in life.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

biggest L i ever heard 

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

biggest L i ever heard 

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

pimp.gif

man how you get info/an in in one of these joints?
You need to have/or know someone with a dealer's license. I work at an auction as a mechanic btw. But yeah, we have a honda financial account and hondas/acuras really go for cheap.
Im tryna get my dealers license and start copping cheap whips to sell back home in Africa i heard thats a quick and easy way to flip your bread

pimp.gif

You need to have/or know someone with a dealer's license. I work at an auction as a mechanic btw. But yeah, we have a honda financial account and hondas/acuras really go for cheap.
Im tryna get my dealers license and start copping cheap whips to sell back home in Africa i heard thats a quick and easy way to flip your bread

Originally Posted by non flammable

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

biggest L i ever heard 
wow i hope to god he meant to type '08 this is beyond  embarrassing 

Originally Posted by non flammable

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

biggest L i ever heard 
wow i hope to god he meant to type '08 this is beyond  embarrassing 

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 you won
mad.gif
Do you or your boy sell cars?

pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 you won
mad.gif
Do you or your boy sell cars?

pimp.gif

my uncle does this in DR...he's paid.

pimp.gif

my uncle does this in DR...he's paid.

about to sell my jeep and then cop a 1995 jeep. i dont need no new car. i travel too much to be driving, paying for gas and a car at the same time. -_-

about to sell my jeep and then cop a 1995 jeep. i dont need no new car. i travel too much to be driving, paying for gas and a car at the same time. -_-

Back
Top Bottom