The Car Payment Thread Vol. Next time I'm buying Used..

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

$546.99 a month for a 2003 Nissan Maxima.

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

Learned a very important lesson in life.
..what the hell?
did you buy new or used?

lol, nah yo. I previously had a 2000 Max. Didn't take care of it, ran it into the ground, needed hella repairs.

The smart thing to do would've been to pay a couple hundred in getting everything fixed but I got the bright idea to just get a totally new car despite still owing 10k on the 2000 joint.

I copped the '03 for 17k, but add on the 10k and the 18.something interest and yeah, when it's all said and done, I paid damn near 40 grand for the 2003.

Gave it to my moms back in '08 when I left for Italy tho'. I'm blessed as in money's not a terribly big issue for me. I just feel dumb making this payment every month.

Max's go hard but friends of mine are pushing new luxury joints and paying less than what I am for an old regular joint.
laugh.gif

Like I said, just learning as I go.
dude.. if you've got the spare money...call up the lender and find out your payoff amount.. save yourself 2 yrs worth of 18% interest.
That's just crazy

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by non flammable

i was wondering is this was a good deal.

2008 acura tl with 29k....no navi... 24k OTD

i would have sold you my 07 Type-S with about 2,000 more miles on it for 25k....that being said i dont think it was a good deal at all bro.
grin.gif

what would be a reasonable price to offer the dealer OTD?

I would check kelly's bluebook first to get an idea of what the car might be worth...that Acura you got the dealer probably bought it for 15k at the most, so they just made 9k off you, I wouldn't had payed more than 18k for a regular 08 TL with no navi.
you won't get an 08' TL with 29k for 18,000...

kbb in my area for a 2008 non-navi acura TL with 29k miles is $28,385...so i'd say 24k OTD (i'm assuming you mean including TTL) is a really good deal, especially from a dealer. i was happy to get my 07' Acura TL non-navi with 40k for 20,000 (from a private seller) about a month ago. this generation TL has great resale value...

-waystinthyme

i would have sold you my 07 Type-S with about 2,000 more miles on it for 25k....that being said i dont think it was a good deal at all bro.
grin.gif

I would check kelly's bluebook first to get an idea of what the car might be worth...that Acura you got the dealer probably bought it for 15k at the most, so they just made 9k off you, I wouldn't had payed more than 18k for a regular 08 TL with no navi.

kbb in my area for a 2008 non-navi acura TL with 29k miles is $28,385...so i'd say 24k OTD (i'm assuming you mean including TTL) is a really good deal, especially from a dealer. i was happy to get my 07' Acura TL non-navi with 40k for 20,000 (from a private seller) about a month ago. this generation TL has great resale value...

-waystinthyme

^Also keep in mind that '08 TL's without Navi were going for way under invoice when new (probably around $28k or $29k).

^Also keep in mind that '08 TL's without Navi were going for way under invoice when new (probably around $28k or $29k).

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

anyone in here recommend a Honda S2000?  I've seen a few on cars.com around $25,000 thats about a couple years old with around 30,000 miles.  That a pretty good deal?  And is it a pretty reliable car?

You can find a nice s2000 for under 20k, and yes, they're reliable.

Really smooth gearbox, too.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

anyone in here recommend a Honda S2000?  I've seen a few on cars.com around $25,000 thats about a couple years old with around 30,000 miles.  That a pretty good deal?  And is it a pretty reliable car?

You can find a nice s2000 for under 20k, and yes, they're reliable.

Really smooth gearbox, too.

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

grin.gif

-waystinthyme

exactly.  i am planning on going up to the dealership to cop the TL for 24k OTD

grin.gif

-waystinthyme

Long story. Supposed to be paid of in 2012. Closing in on the last few payments tho'.

..what the hell?
did you buy new or used?

lol, nah yo. I previously had a 2000 Max. Didn't take care of it, ran it into the ground, needed hella repairs.

The smart thing to do would've been to pay a couple hundred in getting everything fixed but I got the bright idea to just get a totally new car despite still owing 10k on the 2000 joint.

I copped the '03 for 17k, but add on the 10k and the 18.something interest and yeah, when it's all said and done, I paid damn near 40 grand for the 2003.

Gave it to my moms back in '08 when I left for Italy tho'. I'm blessed as in money's not a terribly big issue for me. I just feel dumb making this payment every month.

Max's go hard but friends of mine are pushing new luxury joints and paying less than what I am for an old regular joint.
laugh.gif

dude.. if you've got the spare money...call up the lender and find out your payoff amount.. save yourself 2 yrs worth of 18% interest.
That's just crazy

if i was in your position, hell i'd beg my parents for the payoff amount. 18% interest on a car payment? holy *%%@! i feel for you bro
frown.gif

..what the hell?
did you buy new or used?

laugh.gif

That's just crazy

if i was in your position, hell i'd beg my parents for the payoff amount. 18% interest on a car payment? holy *%%@! i feel for you bro
frown.gif

my coworker's in a new luxury car every year.
always buys a yr or 2 used, keeps the miles low, has excellent credit
buys and flip every year.

my coworker's in a new luxury car every year.
always buys a yr or 2 used, keeps the miles low, has excellent credit
buys and flip every year.

grin.gif

-waystinthyme

yes i would say that is a good deal.

grin.gif

-waystinthyme

9 mths left on my '03 Accord Coupe
I spread it out so I could help build my credit
$88 taken out of my check a week...
Getting paid weekly FTW

9 mths left on my '03 Accord Coupe
I spread it out so I could help build my credit
$88 taken out of my check a week...
Getting paid weekly FTW

Originally Posted by WILLINC

grin.gif

-waystinthyme

i think i could be able to get them to 23k OTD

Originally Posted by WILLINC

grin.gif

-waystinthyme

i think i could be able to get them to 23k OTD

Back
Top Bottom