The Carter series vs. The Blueprint series

BP1 > C2 > C1 > BP2.1 > BP3 > C3

Overall, Blueprint series wins. Blueprint 1 was that good and Carter 3 was that awful.

IMO...

Blueprint 1 >>>>>>CI
CII>>>>>>BP2. that @#$% was trash besides a handful of tracks. bonnie and clyde w/ beyonce? wow jay. besides the watcher II and a couple others , i dont think i ever play this CD. you cant just say "oh if he cut out half the tracks itd be a good CD"; ok, I can say the same thing about a movie like the village. "if you cut out the last half hour of the movie, its entertaining"
laugh.gif

BP3=CIII. both were trash albums with a handful of tracks.

Blueprint series wins just because of BP1 being a classic. Jay's one of my favorite artists and the blueprint series is trash overall, so its not outrageous to compare it to the carter series

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Printscreen deuce...
It's not allowing me unfortunately.

Blueprint 1 is one of Jay's best albums, but the other 2 are average at best...
I think the notion that Blueprint 2 is "average at best" as you put it is what most people here have an issue with.  If you want to call Blueprint 3 average then that's fine, but Blueprint 2 is some of Jay's best lyrical work.  That to me put's the Blueprint series over the Carters.

bp3 is better than bp2

bp2 was all over the place and way too many tracks i cant listen to at all

yes bp2 had good songs, so what? every cd has highlights

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Blueprint 1 obviously is one of the better albums of the past decade, but that's something that can also be said about both Carter 1 & 2...

I have never heard Carter 1 or 2 being mentioned as one of the best albums of the past decade...............EVER.
Have you heard BP2 or 3 mentioned in that category... EVER??...

Tha Carter 1 is considered Wayne's breakout album by most (especially on the east coast)...

Top 25 Hip Hop Albums of The Deacade

I never said anything about BP2 or 3 being in that category, but I have heard people say that if BP2 was just 1 disc instead of 2 disc that it could have been classic.  With that being said BP 1 is clearly a hip hop classic and although Carter 1 may be some of Wayne's best work most folks wouldn't consider Carter 1 to be a hip hop classic, more like a personal classic if anything.  Even if you or anyone else want to call Carter 1 a classic it's nowhere near the classic level or scale as Blueprint 1. 

Also, that top 25 hip hop albums of the decade link you posted stinks to the high heavens champ.  It listed Carter 2 over Blueprint, Marshall Mathers LP and Stillmatic just to name a few.  Not to mention you yourself didn't even list Carter 1 or 2 in your top 5 hip hop albums of the decade thread that you made a few months ago.  I don't even think either album got honorable mention as well, not only from you but from others as well.   

If you have to get rid of half the songs on BP2 for people to consider it  good abum (or "classic") that should tell you somethin...

I know many people aren't willing to consider the notion of someone else making somethin better than Steadman & all...

Tha Carter series is overall MORE consistant than the Blueprints...

Blueprint 1 is one of Jay's best albums, but the other 2 are average at best...

Where as Carter 1-3 are prolly Wayne's best albums...

Bluprint > Tha Carter
Tha Carter II > Blueprint II
Tha Carter III > Blueprint III

some of yal are giving BP2 too much credit. Yal are focusing on the good poins of the albums and ignoring the fact that there are some bad-horribles songs on there. Stop it. You have to look at the abum as a whole and thats why its average.

Alo can someone explain to me how C3 is greater than BP3? C3 was borderline trash.

^I agree that normally you have to look at an album as a whole but I don't think that applies when you're talking about a double album. There's an album and a half worth of classic to borderline classic material on there. How many perfect double albums have there been? It's really hard to do. It's better to just take the great tracks for what they're worth rather than trying to place a value on the album as a whole. You can't tell me there's not more dope tracks on there than either C2 or C3.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

BP1 > C1> C2> BP2 > C3 > BP3

of the series Jay got one great album, Wayne has two.

given BP3 will most likely pass its successors in sales, both artist most successful releases are their worst.

co-signs.
This is way closer than i thought it would be
laugh.gif

Carter series(collectively) > BP Series (collectively)
BP1 is the best outta the 6 tho, with C1+C2 competing for 2nd/3rd

I agree....

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Reasonable Doubt = Tha Block is Hot

Lights Out > In My Lifetime

Vol 2 HKL > 500 Degreez

pimp.gif

awwww sarcasm

All Ready wrote: 
i can listen to bp1, c1 and c2 all the way thru with no skips

all 3 took over my car radio for years at a time

yeah, real hilarious, laugh it up
don't worry buddy I am

2czbi36.jpg

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Blueprint Series > Carter series....Wayne is not Hov
This.

BP1 is damn mear a materpiece, and BP3 gets waay too much hate.

Carter 2 is the only advantage Wayne has in this series.

Back
Top Bottom