The circumstances of trading 5 Taliban Soldiers for 1 US POW is VERY interesting...

Off topic but I want a little more info/would like to hear opinions.

I'm totally ignorant/for the most part oblivious when it comes to politics and things of that sort. When it comes to holidays like memorial day and the ones we celebrate in regards to the armed forces what do people mean when they thank them for our freedoms. I'm assuming we are thanking our past soldiers and current ones. Currently what are the armed forces doing in these places exactly and how does it benefit the American citizen?

It's propaganda meant to drive support for foreign intervention and to lionize the American fighting man.

He walked away from his post without his weapon. He went AWOL and just happened to be kidnapped. Six soldiers died in the process of searching for who many feel is a deserter. Doesn't matter if we are withdrawing from Afghanistan. It's going to be open game knowing that five valuable assets were gotten out of a lowly pawn.

someone needs to create a fantastic gif of a person sweeping some chit under a rug. it would be so appropriate here. if we live another 30 years we'll prolly find out what was so urgent about this dude that they negotiated for him.

It's just crazy that 6 soldiers died looking for him when he deserted, and now we give up 5 members of the Taliban to get him back.

It just doesn't add up...

Anyway is damned if you do and damned if you dont

Be happy that this gentleman could be back home with his family

Maybe they gassed them, knocking them unconscious and then they injected them with a highly contagious disease before they set them free. Not only will they die soon, but they'll take many more with them..

Or even better, they put RFID chips in them and they'll track them down and bomb a bunch of them...

Or maybe they just set them free to plot more attacks on innocents... Sounds about right...

Edit - LOL. You beat me to it..

Last edited:
So yall are telling me some NT'ers can think about it
But the Taliban won't?

If they did put one in, the Taliban will find it and take it out

But the Taliban won't?

RFID is old tech, maybe the CIA has developed something unremovable or something super small?

But the Taliban won't?

exactly :lol:.

:lol: @ this whole "they can't remove it if they don't know where it is".

as if RFID scanners don't exist.

soon as they get back into the fold they're going under the knife. literally within seconds. and they'll be moving locations as SOON as the RFID is out. prolly won't even perform the procedure at their base in their first place.

exactly :lol:.

:lol: @ this whole "they can't remove it if they don't know where it is".

as if RFID scanners don't exist.

soon as they get back into the fold they're going under the knife. literally within seconds. and they'll be moving locations as SOON as the RFID is out. prolly won't even perform the procedure at their base in their first place.

RFID has been around for a while and we do not know what advances in the technology are out.

All I'm saying is that these 5 guys, who've been under united states custody since 2002, aren't just going to be released back to the Taliban for a US Soldier. There is more to this that we will never know.

Last edited:
RFID has been around for a while and we do not know what advances in the technology are out.

All I'm saying is that these 5 guys, who've been under united states custody since 2002, aren't just going to be released back to the Taliban for a US Soldier. There is more to this that we will never know.

right, just like we should have Snowden by now.

Off topic but I want a little more info/would like to hear opinions.

I'm totally ignorant/for the most part oblivious when it comes to politics and things of that sort. When it comes to holidays like memorial day and the ones we celebrate in regards to the armed forces what do people mean when they thank them for our freedoms. I'm assuming we are thanking our past soldiers and current ones. Currently what are the armed forces doing in these places exactly and how does it benefit the American citizen?

First you need to learn about Central Banks, particularly the Federal Reserve System (which, by the way, is not controlled by the Gov't of America)

Damn 3 and a half hours

Finna watch this tomorrow night

Dude probably deserted his post, smoked that good Afghan, got lost/captured, and is now considered a hero because he was a POW. I am sure his platoon hated him for it back then and even now more so since the media is hailing him as a hero. Probably that is all to it for this story but leave it to Alex Jones, the Republicans and social media to make it bigger than what it actually is.

FYI the president broke a law by releasing those prisoners without the consent of congress.

I feel like the U.S. should never negotiate with terrorists, they may have saved his life by doing so but this can definitely lead to these groups thinking they can capture more American soldiers in the future and use them as leverage.

thats just my opinion though, like someone else said there could be way more to this that we don't/probably never will know.
He walked away from his post without his weapon. He went AWOL and just happened to be kidnapped. Six soldiers died in the process of searching for who many feel is a deserter. Doesn't matter if we are withdrawing from Afghanistan. It's going to be open game knowing that five valuable assets were gotten out of a lowly pawn.
^^^^^^^  Mayne before they US even released those 5 men they were kidnapping soliders before then anyways. Nothing new its how the war game go. You get caught slipping you bout to be a POW. Actually back then they were killing the soilders, atleast now we may be able to save some soilder lives
+

=

Basically, we will know where these guys are, who they're with and what they are doing for the rest of their life.
Maybe they gassed them, knocking them unconscious and then they injected them with a highly contagious disease before they set them free. Not only will they die soon, but they'll take many more with them..

Or even better, they put RFID chips in them and they'll track them down and bomb a bunch of them...

Or maybe they just set them free to plot more attacks on innocents... Sounds about right...

Edit - LOL. You beat me to it..
Exactly.. i was just thinking about this too. GOV aint dumb,,lol Those 5 men got a tracker in them or deadly diseases. I'm sure they can expect a nice drone missle any day soon

Im starting to think all those parioniod freaks back in the 80's who said people were following them or they had a chip in their body or brain was telling the treuth and the GOV lab rats lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom