The College Basketball Post

roster has been updated with all the damn walk-ons...

[table][tr][td]No.[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]Ht./Wt.[/td] [td]Cl./Exp.[/td] [td]Hometown (Last School)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Carter, Jared[/td] [td]7-2/270[/td] [td]SR/2L[/td] [td]Georgetown, Ky. (Scott County)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Delph, Adam[/td] [td]6-1/161[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Louisville, Ky. (Pleasure Ridge Park)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Galloway, Kevin[/td] [td]6-7/215[/td] [td]JR/TR[/td] [td]Sacramento, Calif. (Southern Idaho)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Halsell, Mark[/td] [td]5-11/182[/td] [td]FR/TR[/td] [td]St Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]Harrellson, Josh[/td] [td]6-10/265[/td] [td]SO/TR[/td] [td]St. Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Harris, Ramon[/td] [td]6-7/218[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Anchorage, Alaska (West Anchorage)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Krebs, Mark[/td] [td]6-5/207[/td] [td]JR/1L[/td] [td]Newport, Ky. (Newport Central Catholic)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Liggins, DeAndre[/td] [td]6-6/202[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Chicago, Ill. (Findley Prep)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]Meeks, Jodie[/td] [td]6-4/208[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Norcross, Ga. (Norcross)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Miller, Darius[/td] [td]6-7/223[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Maysville, Ky. (Mason County)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54[/td] [td]Patterson, Patrick[/td] [td]6-9/235[/td] [td]SO/1L[/td] [td]Huntington, W.Va. (Huntington)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Perry, Dwight[/td] [td]6-1/173[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Durham, N.C. (Southern)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Pilgrim, Matt[/td] [td]6-8/233[/td] [td]SO/TR[/td] [td]Cincinnati, Ohio (Hampton)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Porter, Michael[/td] [td]6-3/198[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Modesto, Calif. (Modesto Christian)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Scherbenske, Matt[/td] [td]6-1/178[/td] [td]JR/TR[/td] [td]Lexington, Ky. (Oak Hill Academy)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Slone, Landon[/td] [td]6-3/188[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Paintsville, Ky. (Paintsville)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Stevenson, Perry[/td] [td]6-9/207[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Lafayette, La. (Northside)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Stewart, AJ[/td] [td]6-7/218[/td] [td]SO/1L[/td] [td]Jacksonville, Fla. (Arlington Country Day)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Walker, Jarvis[/td] [td]6-3/215[/td] [td]JR/TR[/td] [td]Chicago, Ill. (John A. Logan CC)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Williams, Donald[/td] [td]6-3/205[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Baton Rouge, La. (Progressive Christian Academy)[/td] [/tr][/table]

we need more players.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] http://graphics.fansonly....y/graphics/kty-mtt-bg.gifborder=0> [table][tr][td]
number_button-20.gif
[/td] [td] [font=Arial, Helvetica]Jarvis Walker[/font][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
2390596.jpeg
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
profile.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
arrow.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Class:
Junior
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Hometown:
Chicago, Ill.
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Last College:
John A. Logan CC
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
arrow.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Height / Weight:
6-3 / 215
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Experience:
TR
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Junior College
Transfer from John A. Logan CC ... Averaged 15.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game last season at John A. Logan ... Recorded 10 double-doubles his sophomore season while helping lead John A. Logan to the semifinals of the Region 24 Conference championship ... Averaged 8.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 2.6 apg his freshman season, while helping lead John A. Logan to Region 24 Conference championship and a No. 6 national ranking

Prep
Received All-State, All-Area and All-Conference honors while prepping at Rich Central High School ... Honorable mention McDonald's All-American ... Named team captain his senior year averaging 18 points and nine rebounds

Personal
Born February 19, 1987 ... Son of Diane Walker ... Played high school ball at Rich Central in Chicago ... Brother of former Kentucky All-SEC player Antoine Walker

pimp.gif

St. John's coach Norm Roberts lost the one guy last season he couldn't afford to be without.
On a team loaded with newcomers, then-junior Anthony Mason missed eight games and wasn't at 100 percent for many others as the Red Storm stumbled to an11-win campaign.

However, Roberts is excited about the future in Queens.

He said in addition to staying healthy, the key is that Mason and sophomore big man Justin Burrell will have to produce each and every night.

``Our big-time players have to play big-time," Roberts said. "They need to bring it every night. If not, we're going to be up and down."

Roberts said that the 6-foot-7 Mason, who averaged 14 points last season, will need to expand his offensive game and rely less on his jump shot.

``He's got to get to the basket more," Roberts said of Mason. "He's got to play more aggressive and attacking and the way we're going toplay will help him."

St. John's returns three full-time starters - Mason, Burrell and wing D.J. Kennedy. Don't be surprised if 6-foot-10 sophomore Dele Coker moves into thestarting lineup. He's lost about 25 pounds, is down to 262 and should impact the game - especially on the defensive end.

``I've had people come in and ask who the new kid is," Roberts said. "He's got bounce to him, he's more aggressive offensively andhe's going to be able to help."

The one major change is that sophomore Malik Boothe, who started six games a year ago behind departed point guard Eugene Lawrence, will run the team.

``We're going to play different," Roberts said. "Faster. We're capable of doing it because of Malik and the fact that we have speed."

Let's face it. Last year it was an unenviable task for a group of young guys.

``You've got to go through the Big East to understand it," Roberts said. "You can't tell freshman what it's going to be like. They haveto go through it."

In addition to a solid starting five and a frontline that could match up with just about anyone in the league, Roberts has some depth with the likes of RobThomas, Paris Horne and Sean Evans. Freshmen Quincy Roberts and TyShawn Edmondson will battle to back up Boothe.

``I think we've got as much talent as we've ever had since I've been here," Roberts said.

Most consistent program in CBB. DF!!!
Must we speak about the years at the beginning of the century Anthony?

im sure UNC will be on everybodys mind this year, so let the hate begin
This guy again? Didn't you get e-stomped out in last years college basketball post? You're a fraud UNC fan. UNC fans should bedisgusted that this herb tries to represent your squad.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Most consistent program in CBB. DF!!!

Church! Tabernacle!! Don't Forget To Pay Your Tithes!!!!
Originally Posted by wildKYcat

roster has been updated with all the damn walk-ons...

[table][tr][td]No.[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]Ht./Wt.[/td] [td]Cl./Exp.[/td] [td]Hometown (Last School)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Carter, Jared[/td] [td]7-2/270[/td] [td]SR/2L[/td] [td]Georgetown, Ky. (Scott County)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Delph, Adam[/td] [td]6-1/161[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Louisville, Ky. (Pleasure Ridge Park)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Galloway, Kevin[/td] [td]6-7/215[/td] [td]JR/TR[/td] [td]Sacramento, Calif. (Southern Idaho)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Halsell, Mark[/td] [td]5-11/182[/td] [td]FR/TR[/td] [td]St Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]Harrellson, Josh[/td] [td]6-10/265[/td] [td]SO/TR[/td] [td]St. Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Harris, Ramon[/td] [td]6-7/218[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Anchorage, Alaska (West Anchorage)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Krebs, Mark[/td] [td]6-5/207[/td] [td]JR/1L[/td] [td]Newport, Ky. (Newport Central Catholic)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Liggins, DeAndre[/td] [td]6-6/202[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Chicago, Ill. (Findley Prep)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]Meeks, Jodie[/td] [td]6-4/208[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Norcross, Ga. (Norcross)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Miller, Darius[/td] [td]6-7/223[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Maysville, Ky. (Mason County)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54[/td] [td]Patterson, Patrick[/td] [td]6-9/235[/td] [td]SO/1L[/td] [td]Huntington, W.Va. (Huntington)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Perry, Dwight[/td] [td]6-1/173[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Durham, N.C. (Southern)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Pilgrim, Matt[/td] [td]6-8/233[/td] [td]SO/TR[/td] [td]Cincinnati, Ohio (Hampton)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Porter, Michael[/td] [td]6-3/198[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Modesto, Calif. (Modesto Christian)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Scherbenske, Matt[/td] [td]6-1/178[/td] [td]JR/TR[/td] [td]Lexington, Ky. (Oak Hill Academy)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Slone, Landon[/td] [td]6-3/188[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Paintsville, Ky. (Paintsville)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Stevenson, Perry[/td] [td]6-9/207[/td] [td]JR/2L[/td] [td]Lafayette, La. (Northside)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Stewart, AJ[/td] [td]6-7/218[/td] [td]SO/1L[/td] [td]Jacksonville, Fla. (Arlington Country Day)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Walker, Jarvis[/td] [td]6-3/215[/td] [td]JR/TR[/td] [td]Chicago, Ill. (John A. Logan CC)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Williams, Donald[/td] [td]6-3/205[/td] [td]FR/HS[/td] [td]Baton Rouge, La. (Progressive Christian Academy)[/td] [/tr][/table]

we need more players.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] http://graphics.fansonly....ty-mtt-bg.gifborder=0> [table][tr][td]
number_button-20.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Jarvis Walker[/font][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
2390596.jpeg
profile.gif
arrow.gif
Junior
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
Chicago, Ill.
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
John A. Logan CC
[/font]
arrow.gif
6-3 / 215
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
TR
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Junior College
Transfer from John A. Logan CC ... Averaged 15.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game last season at John A. Logan ... Recorded 10 double-doubles his sophomore season while helping lead John A. Logan to the semifinals of the Region 24 Conference championship ... Averaged 8.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 2.6 apg his freshman season, while helping lead John A. Logan to Region 24 Conference championship and a No. 6 national ranking

Prep
Received All-State, All-Area and All-Conference honors while prepping at Rich Central High School ... Honorable mention McDonald's All-American ... Named team captain his senior year averaging 18 points and nine rebounds

Personal
Born February 19, 1987 ... Son of Diane Walker ... Played high school ball at Rich Central in Chicago ... Brother of former Kentucky All-SEC player Antoine Walker

pimp.gif

I know him,(from my nieghborhood actually) and Jarvis played aau with my cousin
laugh.gif

Haiti thats the boy who was at the park in my hood with the KU shorts on

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'd say more of, they're hard to like...

And Hansbrough as the center piece....there is a very 90's Duke vibe to the current squad. The Media adds to it.

like this recent article from the rivals preview..

"Tyler Hansbrough isn't just the best big man in college basketball. Hansbrough is one of the best big men ever to play the college game."

"...It's tough to imagine Hansbrough getting any better."
2gy7i1s.gif

That is some serious sucking if I didn't know any better.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

i remember y'all talkin about that...

and KU = Kansas.

thanks.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] http://graphics.fansonly....ty-mtt-bg.gifborder=0> [table][tr][td]
number_button-20.gif
[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica]Jarvis Walker[/font][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
2390596.jpeg
profile.gif
arrow.gif
Junior
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
Chicago, Ill.
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
John A. Logan CC
[/font]
arrow.gif
6-3 / 215
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
TR
[/font]
Junior College

Prep

Personal

pimp.gif
Dude is horrible...only got somewhere from his name

Played against him in High School, in 2 games against us he had 4 points and fouled out both times and we were the worst team in the conference
laugh.gif
....then when I was in Carbondale dude was at Logan and would always come to therec and get treated

Liggins on the other hand
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

i remember y'all talkin about that...

and KU = Kansas.

thanks.

My bad church. But yea he was at the playground and we both looked at the shorts like
eek.gif
"Them @%$** cold" I hadn't seen him in like a yr .5 soI didn't know what he was up to but I figured he had got recruited by them. They called him "Ticket" in the hood, He can go.

good deal...Gillispie insists that the PG spot is still open, and sorta implies that Porter is the leader.
sick.gif

maybe he's trying to motivate Liggins, i don't know...but a lot will be asked of DeAndre this year.

yea yea...son was decked out in UK gear..
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

but nah them havin him and jarvis means i have to root for them.even tho jarvis is a bumm

Originally Posted by allen3xis

St. John's coach Norm Roberts lost the one guy last season he couldn't afford to be without.
On a team loaded with newcomers, then-junior Anthony Mason missed eight games and wasn't at 100 percent for many others as the Red Storm stumbled to an 11-win campaign.

However, Roberts is excited about the future in Queens.

He said in addition to staying healthy, the key is that Mason and sophomore big man Justin Burrell will have to produce each and every night.

``Our big-time players have to play big-time," Roberts said. "They need to bring it every night. If not, we're going to be up and down."

Roberts said that the 6-foot-7 Mason, who averaged 14 points last season, will need to expand his offensive game and rely less on his jump shot.

``He's got to get to the basket more," Roberts said of Mason. "He's got to play more aggressive and attacking and the way we're going to play will help him."

St. John's returns three full-time starters - Mason, Burrell and wing D.J. Kennedy. Don't be surprised if 6-foot-10 sophomore Dele Coker moves into the starting lineup. He's lost about 25 pounds, is down to 262 and should impact the game - especially on the defensive end.

``I've had people come in and ask who the new kid is," Roberts said. "He's got bounce to him, he's more aggressive offensively and he's going to be able to help."

The one major change is that sophomore Malik Boothe, who started six games a year ago behind departed point guard Eugene Lawrence, will run the team.

``We're going to play different," Roberts said. "Faster. We're capable of doing it because of Malik and the fact that we have speed."

Let's face it. Last year it was an unenviable task for a group of young guys.

``You've got to go through the Big East to understand it," Roberts said. "You can't tell freshman what it's going to be like. They have to go through it."

In addition to a solid starting five and a frontline that could match up with just about anyone in the league, Roberts has some depth with the likes of Rob Thomas, Paris Horne and Sean Evans. Freshmen Quincy Roberts and TyShawn Edmondson will battle to back up Boothe.

``I think we've got as much talent as we've ever had since I've been here," Roberts said.
I'll tell you one thing, Dele Coker is going to surprise a lot of people if he could stay out of foul trouble. But outside of that it'sgoing to be a +$#+ show, our freshman are beyond terrible and there has been no improvement beyond Justin Burrell and Dele Coker.

12 wins, 15th in the Big East is my prediction.

wildKYcat wrote:

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] http://graphics.fansonly....y/graphics/kty-mtt-bg.gifborder=0>http://graphics.fansonly....ty-mtt-bg.gifborder=0> [table][tr][td]
number_button-20.gif
2390596.jpeg
profile.gif
arrow.gif
Junior
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
Chicago, Ill.
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
John A. Logan CC
[/font]
arrow.gif
6-3 / 215
[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
arrow.gif
TR
[/font]
Junior College

Prep

Personal

The #%%+ is that made up @#@@ ?
laugh.gif

YO!
What... one season?

Maybe 2, if you wanna be technical.

CONSISTENT.

DF!!!
Just off the top of the dome, I'd say both UConn and Duke have been more "consistent" than UNC has this decade, if we're going by your standards. You can also throw Michigan State, Florida, Kansas, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, etcin that discussion as well. I'd post up UNC's yearly records since 2000 but that'd be too much focus on them, especially since every media outletis deepthroating the Tar Heels this season.

YO!
Just off the top of the dome, I'd say both UConn and Duke have been more "consistent" than UNC has this decade, if we're going by your standards. You can also throw Michigan State, Florida, Kansas, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, etc in that discussion as well. I'd post up UNC's yearly records since 2000 but that'd be too much focus on them, especially since every media outlet is deepthroating the Tar Heels this season.
See... if we were only talking about the last decade, you'd have a very valid point.

But I'm talking about the last FOUR decades.

smile.gif

DF!!!

YO!

smh.gif

Eh Eh...

Eddie Sutton (1985-1989)
In 1985, Eddie Sutton succeeded Joe B. Hall. He coached the Wildcats for four years, leading them to the Elite Eight of the 1986 NCAA Tournament and the Sweet 16 in 1988.

Sutton's tenure at Kentucky ended with a scandal that badly damaged the school's basketball program. It broke out when an Emery Worldwide package sent to high school prospect Chris Mills from a Kentucky booster popped open and several large-denomination bills popped out. Another player, Eric Manuel, was found to have received improper assistance on his college entrance exams and was ultimately banned from NCAA competition.

Kentucky was already on probation stemming from an extensive scheme of payments to recruits, and the NCAA seriously considered hitting the Wildcats with the "death penalty", which would have shut down the entire basketball program (as opposed to simply being banned from postseason play) for up to two years. However, school president David Roselle forced Sutton and athletic director Cliff Hagan to resign. The Wildcats were slapped with three years' probation, a two-year ban from postseason play and a ban from live television in 1989-90.

Sutton later admitted that he'd failed to properly control the program, although he personally admitted no wrongdoing.

DF!!!

i wasn't going to say us....i knew Ant would bring up Eddie.
smh.gif

bastard.

(Eddie, not Ant)

ok, Ant too.
tongue.gif

DF!

but that ain't got much to do with the programs consistency.

Back
Top Bottom