The College Basketball Post

Parker is also averaging 9.5 rebounds in conference play with 7 double doubles. Thanks for leaving out the rebounding numbers.

Nice try trying to spin things to work in Wiggins favor. I swear y'all Wiggins homers kill me.

Parker is also averaging 9.5 rebounds in conference play with 7 double doubles. Thanks for leaving out the rebounding numbers.

Nice try trying to spin things to work in Wiggins favor. I swear y'all Wiggins homers kill me.

sensitive? :lol:

7 vs 9.5 but Bari is closer to the basket playing 4/5 vs Wiggins on the perimeter.

Bari will and should be the freshman of the year, because he has had a greater level of production over the course of the entire year. His shooting was unsustainable at the beginning of the year, regressed to the mean.

but in conference play its probably a wash.

with Wiggins improving every day, it's going to be a fun march.

sensitive? :lol:

7 vs 9.5 but Bari is closer to the basket playing 4/5 vs Wiggins on the perimeter.

Bari will and should be the freshman of the year, because he has had a greater level of production over the course of the entire year. His shooting was unsustainable at the beginning of the year, regressed to the mean.

but in conference play its probably a wash.

with Wiggins improving every day, it's going to be a fun march.

Sensitive?

Nah, I'm just allergic to bull@#$% rhetoric, especially when homeboy felt the need to include Parker in his "Wiggins for President" campaign and leave out a vital statistic. A statistic which clearly separates the two when talking about who's playing better in conference play.

And you mention Parker playing in the post more, hence the discrepancy in rebounding numbers. Well tell me exactly what Wiggins is excelling at with him playing on the wing more? Again, there's nothing he's doing now that you can say he clearly has been better at than Parker.

Wiggins has been playing a lot better in conference and getting better every game. Just leave it at that, Team Wiggins.

Last edited:
And you mention Parker playing in the post more, hence the discrepancy in rebounding numbers. Well tell me exactly what Wiggins is excelling at with him playing on the wing more? Again, there's nothing he's doing now that you can say he clearly has been better at than Parker.

Defense and it's not even close. Just not a "stat" out there for that. 

Defense and it's not even close. Just not a "stat" out there for that. 

I will give you this, Wiggins has played much better defense than Bari and that was too be expected.

But tbh if it wasn't for that 6 game (?) stretch at the beginning of conference play where he couldn't buy a bucket then his numbers would be closer to 22-23 ppg and 9.5 rebs a game. All while playing out of position, he hasn't had the luxury to grow into his natural position at the 3 due to lack of inside presence, which is why I REALLY want him to stay and play with Jahlil. The thing about those shooting stats is that a good amount of Bari's points are coming off him creating for himself, you cannot say the same for Drew at this moment.

That argument is a double edge sword though, because while Wiggins has had that and has matured into that position (which will be more beneficial as he moves on) his numbers might have been hindered as a result. We'll never know. Just enjoy the fact that these kids are playing at a high level.

Last edited:
I don't really know if Jabari is a three though... I can't see him being able to guard many real 3's,too slow laterally he would just get destroyed on defense. I think his position is as a stretch 4. Just my two cents.

I don't really know if Jabari is a three though... I can't see him being able to guard many real 3's,too slow laterally he would just get destroyed on defense. I think his position is as a stretch 4. Just my two cents.

nope. kid is def a 3.

Last edited:
Ennis >*

If he doesn't win FOTY I'm boycotting March Madness.

Last edited:
Ennis >*

I can't tell if y'all Syracuse dudes are trolling or not, but y'all are quite annoying. 

Jabari is Melo. He'll struggle guarding the 3 position in the L, but he's offensively a 3. Without a doubt.

I'll take Bari who can create his own shot w/ a top 3 over someone that can't.........I don't want a 3 who can't do that w/ a god damn top 3 pick

idk i'm still offended they was giving this kid lebron like praise.......dawg.....that **** was such a ******* reach 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Paige > Ennis

Last edited:
It's funny just how much people always value offense than completely ignore defense. Always has been like that though.

What's the table on Branden Dawson's return? Mich St. isn't the same without his versatility/defense, need to see that team full strength come March.

I don't want a defensive 3 who can't create a shot as a top 3 pick.....you can get that in the late 1st/2nd round 

Last edited:
Ennis >*

I can't tell if y'all Syracuse dudes are trolling or not, but y'all are quite annoying. 

Jabari is Melo. He'll struggle guarding the 3 position in the L, but he's offensively a 3. Without a doubt.

I'm the only fan trolling. I literally just agreed that paige was better a few pages back. Lighten up champ

Parker going to get destroyed by 3's at the next level. Dude can't play defense to save his life.

Give me wiggins any day, everyday. Guys acting like he won't develop on offense lol. Whatever though.

& i like parker. I think he's the best player in CBB. Period.

Last edited:

I'll take Bari who can create his own shot w/ a top 3 over someone that can't.........I don't want a 3 who can't do that w/ a god damn top 3 pick

idk i'm still offended they was giving this kid lebron like praise.......dawg.....that **** was such a ******* reach 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Paige > Ennis
Again, I agree.

Look for my post a few pages back from last week about being nervous that KU doesn't have a go to guy I'd feel comfortable with as a fan...for Duke? I'd feel confident in Jabari getting a bucket off Iso late in the game...Wiggins? Too shaky on the dribble.

And for those that compared him to LBJ aren't true basketball fans b/c no one is LBJ...that was unfair to Wiggins.

I don't want a defensive 3 who can't create a shot as a top 3 pick.....you can get that in the late 1st/2nd round 

His defense is definitely appreciated and will carry him , but developing the ability to create your own offense isn't an easy task, especially in the L... Not saying it can't or won't happen, but it's a hard sell.

Conversely you can grow on the defensive end, from a poor to a ok to good defender, that happens.

His defense is definitely appreciated and will carry him , but developing the ability to create your own offense isn't an easy task, especially in the L... Not saying it can't or won't happen, but it's a hard sell.

Conversely you can grow on the defensive end, from a poor to a ok to good defender, that happens.
Ehh, I think it depends on the tools that the player possesses. Jabari doesn't possess the foot speed to guard a lot of 3s that he'll face in the future. Instead, he'll have to become a much smarter defender, knowing tendencies and positioning much better as he won't have the athleticism to make up for that. Drew is an elite perimeter defender, and that will easily translate to the L IMO. Length, foot speed, etc. All there.

In terms of Drew creating his own shot, it's not like he's Wesley Johnson out there. 
laugh.gif
 I think that aspect is being a little overstated because he's being compared to Jabari, who has as complete of an offensive arsenal as you're going to see for a college wing. If he puts in the work and improves his ballhandling and shooting, then he should be fine. He likely won't ever be as good or natural as Jabari in that respect, but that's fine as well. 

But those guys who grow into being good defenders are usually guys who are good athletes in the first place. I can't really see Jabari ever being a plus defender in the league, he just doesn't have the physical tools.

Hood doesnt get enough Credit.. Remember playing against dude in HS ( MS ).. He the Real deal,but due to the Freshman praise,he sometimes go Unnoticed.. But i Know Coach K beyond glad he okay'd that Transfer..

^ overall hes the best player in the ACC...easy

yea comparing Bari and Wiggins on the O end just isnt fair. Bari is elite on that side of the ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom