The College Basketball Post

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim chastised former Indiana coach Tom Crean for comments Crean made about Boeheim’s former player Tyler Lydon.

Crean criticized Lydon -- selected No. 24 by the Utah Jazz in last week’s NBA draft before being traded to the Denver Nuggets -- noting the 6-foot-10 big man needed some work to be NBA-ready, including a better jump shot. “I don’t think the shot is there,” Crean said on The Vertical’s livestream draft show. “I don’t think he’s that good.”

Boeheim was not a fan of Crean's criticism.

“He's an idiot. He said (Lydon is) not a good shooter,” Boeheim said via Syracuse.com, while speaking with media members during his appearance on Syracuse’s No-Huddle Tour.

“Freshman, sophomore year he shoots 40% from 3. That’s pretty good for a young player. I think he had the best shooting statistics at the combine, I think, of all the big guys. He shoots it. That’s what he does. It just shows the ignorance and not doing the work, the research, the background check. He’s athletic and can do a lot of other things, but he can really shoot.”

Lydon, who blossomed on the Orange’s Final Four run in 2016, shot 48% from the floor in his two-year career at Syracuse. He also went 77% from 15-feet among big men at the NBA draft combine.
Shoutout Boeheim for calling out Crean. **** Crean 
pimp.gif

Cal already failed in the nba once, he would be a fool to leave UK with his $8 million salary. The duffel bag would be the same size with all teams, thus cal cant use his typical recruiting. If he does end up leaving somehown for the knicks, it wouldn't surprise me if an ncan investigation was looming as that is the patter he has established in the past with u mass and memphis.
Or he could just get a postseason ban for APR.

It's a miracle Kentucky and duke with all the one and dones havent.
We actually have a perfect four year APR composite believe it or not :lol:

The lowest Cal has had at UK is 977 and that was the 11-12 squad.The cut off score is 960.

Last edited:
The Viper Daniel Orton. What's that dude doing these days?

Last time I saw a pic of him, he looked like he weighed roughly 450 lbs. :lol:

Think he was playing in China couple years ago. Haven't heard anything since then.

Kid goes to my high school. High ceiling but he is not that good right now. We'll see how they develop him there. Would've liked seeing him play for someone like Pitino

Canada up 3, against team USA at the half RJ Barrett has 25 already (with Coach Cal watching :nerd: ), this one might actually be competitive down the stretch,

as usual Coach Cl doesn't have quite enough shooting, Diallo showing his limitations in the half court.

Coach Cal the first coach to lose a team USA basketball game since 2011.

Team USA was boo boo. Cal gotta wear this one a lil bit.

Best players didn't even go on the trip. That was a lot of missed free throws. Wish the committee would have let Cal select the team.

Tweet from Eric Bossi : "What an impressive effort from Canada. Better gameplan, better effort and better execution. No emotion from USA and they got tails kicked".

Best players didn't even go on the trip. That was a lot of missed free throws. Wish the committee would have let Cal select the team.

You almost never get all the best players in these tournaments...

We were missing multiple top 100 guys, and Lindell WIgginton was out.

The USA roster was not ideal, a lot of quiet soft guys on the squad, lack of mobility from the bigs, no go to guys in the half court....

BUT

Cal def could have mitigated this, they were really unorganized, I love Cal but he's gotta take some blame.

Back
Top Bottom