The College Basketball Post

You think Brownell can flip Zion ?

Highly doubt it. Bags ain’t big enough especially with how hot it is with the FBI right now. Also wouldn’t bank on him not wanting to play with the other top guys in the class next season and go to that farm town instead

Skipped a few pages. I been thinking all year we were a Sweet 16 team and anything after that was pretty much house money.

Hats off to A&M, manhandled us. I think it might have been a little closer had our 3s been falling but when you shoot that bad for that long of a stretch, it's over in March. My biggest A&M hat tip goes to them for doing what no one else has done.....beat UNC in Charlotte in the tournament. I think we are now 12-1 or 13-1.

Hope they schmack Michigan. Them dudes down low are the deal. If they can stay out of foul trouble, they could be a force for anyone if they are hitting from outside (which they did with ease against us).

Izzo gone soon? Haven’t seen anything new about all the team sexual assault allegation stuff lately

Izzo's record against Coach K, Roy Williams and Jimmy Boeheim...3-23.

Consistently one of the best coaches to get the most of out nothing but struggles when his team is loaded or is facing higher expectations.

Izzo’s consistent failure against the zone is baffling at this point.

Dude should be having nightmares of Ben Carter being in the middle of Syracuse's zone instead of Miles Bridges all Summer. 3 straight seasons not making it out of the first weekend, and we just lost to a team that shouldn't have even been in the tournament :smh:

Hope they schmack Michigan. Them dudes down low are the deal. If they can stay out of foul trouble, they could be a force for anyone if they are hitting from outside (which they did with ease against us).
Williams, Davis and Hogg are crazy good...

Gilder and Starks playing at the level they are has taken A&M to where most people thought they should've been all year... Would've been huge to have had Duane Wilson for this run.

Consistently one of the best coaches to get the most of out nothing but struggles when his team is loaded or is facing higher expectations.

Spot on. No doubt he gets wins and squads to the NCAAs. But man—his teams more often than not underachieve in the clutch.

It’s a tough position to be in as a fan, I bet. Kinda a good problem to have, but at the same time a terrible problem.

Dude should be having nightmares of Ben Carter being in the middle of Syracuse's zone instead of Miles Bridges all Summer. 3 straight seasons not making it out of the first weekend, and we just lost to a team that shouldn't have even been in the tournament :smh:

I have no idea why Jaren was sitting on the bench all second half. IMO, he should have been in the middle of that zone. If anything Izzo is having nightmares of watching Winston, Bridges, Langford and McQuaid jack up missed 3 after missed 3. In the second half they had way to many possessions of side to side ball movement around the perimeter with no entry pass to the middle, dribble penetration or ball screens. That was my biggest complaint of Bridges that he floated around the 3 pt line and settled for jump shots far to often.

What does the board know about Clemson? I believe third place finish in the ACC but that was behind UNC and Duke?

I have no idea why Jaren was sitting on the bench all second half. IMO, he should have been in the middle of that zone. If anything Izzo is having nightmares of watching Winston, Bridges, Langford and McQuaid jack up missed 3 after missed 3. In the second half they had way to many possessions of side to side ball movement around the perimeter with no entry pass to the middle, dribble penetration or ball screens. That was my biggest complaint of Bridges that he floated around the 3 pt line and settled for jump shots far to often.

Jaren has had fouling issues all season, but only had 2 with about 8 minutes left in the game I believe. Absolutely baffling that he wasn't in the game. Either him or Bridges should have been in the middle of that zone. With the threes not falling you have to attack their bigs. Their whole teams was in foul trouble, and Cuse was only playing like 7 guys. I remember one of the commentators saying that one of the guys that they brought in after one of their bigs fouled out played a total of 11 minutes all season :smh:.

Loss was just inexcusable, man. All I can really say about it. Especially playing in Detroit.

Back
Top Bottom