The College Basketball Post

figure what the hell, might as well condense it like the CFB post

Maine and Richmond doin battle right now with about 250 people in attendance in Memphis :x
sick.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Rose and Memphis take on Tenn Martin tonight favored by 36 :lol:
laugh.gif
missing classes :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

-Notre Dame sophomore forward Luke Harangody will miss three to six weeks with a torn ligament in his right thumb.

-University of Washington senior guard Ryan Appleby will be sidelined up to six weeks after fracturing his thumb during a rebounding drill in practice on Wednesday.

- Duke Crews got reinstated onto the UT team
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

allen3xis-great thread

im still in football mode but come thanksgiving and all the tournys all be back into bball mode.

PAC 10 hopefully can live up to its rankings. we are noe getting the respect we have wanted for so long, please dont EFF up lol.

UCLA takin home the title
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
49er's, Giants, A's, Warriors, ASU​

Arizona beat Concordia from Canada in their first exhibition game without Lute Olson yesterday.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Quote:
Lute Olson yesterday.
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Quote:
Zo, I didn't catch this other than he's take a leave...for how long and why?
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

SC Trojans(lead by O.J.) about to go all the way to the 4.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Quote:
University of Washington senior guard Ryan Appleby
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

Richmond and Maine are in a struggle right now in the first official game of the season.. :lol:
laugh.gif
hope that's not an omen for how exciting the entire season will be.

So pumped basketball it here, it hardly even seems real :lol:
laugh.gif
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Richmond wins 44-42

Craftsy, Maine turned the ball over 29 :rofl:
roll.gif
:x
sick.gif
HOYAS

dang Maine played bad and only lost by 2.. :lol:
laugh.gif
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY YAO BONZI - SCOLA​

Michigan State already got the "has no business being ranked PERIOD" Award on lock. MSU, Tenn, and Wash State won't have the seasons everyone has projected them to have (and that's just the list off the top of my dome without putting any real thought into it). Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this excited for college basketball like I am this year. Sadly both my squads (Duke, UConn) will be out of the top 25 by end of the year. :smh:
smh.gif
"My mindsssss tellingggg me noooooo!! But my bodyyy!! My bodyyy!! Telling me yeuuhhhssssssss!!!"

Quote:
will be out of the top 25 by end of the year
HOYAS

that was a short lived attempt at a game :lol:
laugh.gif

Rose :pimp:
pimp.gif

Dozier :pimp:
pimp.gif
HOYAS

ESPNU

no games on ESPN or ESPN2 till like the 16th or 17th I think

They are SMACKIN these fools now, lol
HOYAS

Apparently they didn't work on their FT's tho :smh:
smh.gif
HOYAS

Quote:
-The US National Team only beat the Lady Vols by 9 points. Meaning that Lady Vols will probably go undefeated since the world's best players barely beat them.
TEAM NJ NETS
Kidd. Carter. Jefferson.​

Sharuad Curry from Providence has broken his foot will be out for quite a bit.

Syracuse will win the big east.
Team Cowboys
6-1.

IU and Eric Gordon lookin good...

Quote:
Bloomington, Ind. - It took Eric Gordon less than a minute to score his first points as an Indiana Hoosier, and not much longer for his team to blow away North Alabama in the teams exhibition opener.

Paced by six players in double figures and 60 percent shooting overall, No. 9 Indiana blitzed North Alabama 121-76 Sunday afternoon at Assembly Hall.

It didnt take Gordon or the Hoosiers long to get going. Fifty-one seconds into his highly-anticipated IU debut Gordon gathered the ball at the top of the key blew by a defender and laid it in for his first bucket. That was just the start for Gordon as well as an Indiana team that scored from behind the arc (12-of-22 on 3s), in transition (18 fast-break points), around the bucket (60 points in the paint) and generally at will against an out-manned North Alabama squad.

We played hard and we competed, but their size, strength and athletic ability wears you down, said North Alabama Coach Bobby Champagne, whose team was led by Casey Holts 19 points.

Gordon would eventually score 24 points on 10-of-16 shooting despite having to leave for a portion of the game after chipping his tooth.

While Gordon might have been the player most of the announced crowd of 17,109 came to see, the biggest performance was turned in by fellow freshman guard Jordan Crawford. Crawford scored a team-high 30 points on 10-of-11 shooting, including a perfect 6-of-6 effort from behind the 3-point arc. Three of those 3-pointers came during a 2:07 stretch midway through the second half when Indiana turned a 14-point lead into a 25-point cushion, 79-54.

I dont know if Ive had a freshman have 30 right out of the gate, said IU Coach Kelvin Sampson.

Crawford and the rest of Indianas newcomers also showed off plenty of athleticism as well, coming away with a series of highlight reel fast-break dunks and transition buckets. A few of those plays also went awry, though, prompting Sampson to joke that Crawford will have to keep those sort of plays in check.

I just remind him, hes playing for Indiana, hes not playing for the And-One all-stars, said Sampson. But Jordan has that in him. Hes a very talented young man. When he learns to defend and lock down and guarda lot of people saw tonight what weve been seeing. He has a chance to be really good.

Crawford was quick to deflect the praise for his Indiana debut, instead crediting the double teams that D.J. White commanded as well as the play of sophomore Armon Bassett, who added 18 points and five assists.

(The basket) felt pretty big, but I got a lot of open shots, said Crawford. It wasnt just me, it was them helping me out.

White finished with a double-double (13 points and 11 rebounds), but it might have been his team-high six assists and zero turnovers that impressed Sampson the most.

It shows hes getting better at handling the double teams, Sampson said.

The only player who didnt get in the mix was Mike White, who Sampson said afterwards might redshirt. While freshmen are allowed to play in exhibition games without losing the possibility of saving their freshman seasons, upperclassmen forfeit the chance to redshirt if they play in an exhibition game. Sampson said theyll decide within the next seven to 10 days whether or not the senior will sit out this season and come back for the 2008-09 campaign.

We havent decided yet, Sampson said. Mike has to feel comfortable with it. Ultimately its his decision.well do whats best for Mike and whats best for the team.

Other than Mike White, everyone on the IU roster got in the mix. JaMarcus Ellis showed off his versatility and tenacity with 10 points, four assists and six steals, while Brandon McGee chipped in 12 points, six rebounds and two assists in only 12 minutes of action. DeAndre Thomas (seven points, three rebounds, three steals) and Eli Holman (five points, six rebounds, three blocks) also showed enough to suggest theyll figure into the teams plans on the frontcourt as well.

North Alabamas coach was among those who came away impressed with IUs effort.

They might be better than (the No. 9 national ranking) if they shoot the ball as well as they did today, Champagne said. I think we were guarding them and they were still knocking down 3s. They are a very good teamthey are bigger, stronger and more athletic than us, but they came out and played like they needed to play today.

As dominating as Indianas effort was, Sampson figures to find plenty of things to work on before the team takes the court again next Saturday against UNC-Pembroke at 8 p.m.

Maybe in the 40 minutes tonight, Im not sure if we had 10 good minutes of defense, Sampson said. Theres always a breakdown somewhere. An open shot. Not rotating and taking the baseline away, not stepping in and taking charges, not communicating on a ball screen.

We have enough mistakes tonight to last us this week, and be able to come out and have a better performance defensively.

[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Back
Top Bottom