The Combat Jack Show Thread

Listening to it, I can tell he has some animosity towards Tax. It wasn't just the normal short answers, and at times he sort of dissed him.

He gives short answers, but it went sort of left when Tax said I didn't like your album, because it was a formula album. YG cut him off before Tax could elaborate. By then his rationalization didn't matter. Tax didn't word it well at all. Then when Tax was asking stupid questions or asking stuff he a already said. Like when he asked about Mustard, Ty $ or said his album was coming out on the 16th.

One thing about Tax is he doesn't know who knows who. What's there opinion of him going on Vlad, Joe Budden or Troy Ave. Everyone on the internet was clowning Baby, but notice how rappers felt totally different about it. YG and Nipsey are cool and he spoke on the gang situation there, this is after he's all over Vlad saying he decided he was going to be a blood one day.

I just heard 2 cats feeling each other out pause

you talking bout hood cats who fight for fun

it's hard to gauge when they really on it cause it looks the same from a distance

more than anything he didn't get taxs humor at first but he loosened up towards the end

Y'all looking too deep into things.

The only thing that struck me as kinda disrespectful was when he asked about Ty$ and YG was like "***** I already told you" :lol:.

YG was coming for this ***** neck the whole episode. What struck me is when tax was taking about how he dont like people and YG was like I don't like ****** either. Awkward pause. Then he called him fake saying he only came out there to clear his name cause people was saying he dont like west coast artist. There was definitely tension and tax was shook

Hmm....Imma peep this Tax episode out.

3 Blood ****** in the same room :lol:. Forgot Problem and YG were beefin. Those are two of the best rappers out West.

My Krazy Life is up there as one of the best albums released recently.

you can't just go off words tho, you also have to see how he looked

without the video it's tuff to say

wish these pods would stop being garbage and do it like joe rogan does and drop the video and the pod in full

I don't understand why they don't drop the vids. Maybe they want all the traffic to go to the podcast. But dropping the visuals at a later date would work.

:lol:

Tax has reached that level that Charalamagne reached a few years ago where cats want to see this ***** get checked and humbled so bad, they start over analyzing and blowing ish out of proportion.
Don't know how many times i've clicked a BC interview after reading people comments where people would say, such and such wasn't ******* w/ Charalamagne or he got checked, when a guest was simply giving short answers and or they interrupted him and corrected when he said something wrong.

Haven't peeped this YG interview, but having seen a few of that dudes interviews and having been in the same room as him twice; he's always been standoffish and short answered and this was around people he knew and was comfortable with. When i read he was on the podcast i expected it to be awkward, because Tax a loud mouth talkative *** ***** and YG is the exact opposite. :lol:

I'll peep that **** later tho, just saw NT's own Ben Baller is on the next Tax, so this ***** went from GA to the West. :lol: Well damn.

there aren't enough lies in the world that can compete with ben and tax linking up

bout to here the most extravagant lies ever prolly from both lol

the air around them will be enriched with falsehoods galore

can't wait

Problem gets to wake up to NT's Most Attractive Woman everyday.

Kady :smh:. Dammit man.

Last edited:
^
Yup.

And listening to Budden break down Drake song was interesting. It reminded me of when everybody thought Sigel was tripping because Bean's said Jay had been dissing him songs. I can't remember the interview but the interviewer was like what specific lines are you talking about, and Sigel was like "i'm a rapper dog, i know how to decode ****, them bars was about me."

When i first heard 4PM...and Drake said that line about calling me asking where your girl at, that's the first and only thing that popped up in my mind as a Budden diss, but Budden tried to write that off as that's not Drake talking to him because it's not true. I was w/ Rory when he said that, a diss doesn't have to be based in facts. I'm sure all of Budden's listeners thought that was about him, because i remember him speaking about calling Drake and letting him know it was cool to date Tahiry. If he's "addressing the podcast" as Joe keeps saying, how can that bar not be directed at him? :lol: Unless Drake did knock off Cassie when they was broke up. :lol:

He's had a plethora of social media celebrities as guests , and you choose to get mad at this one?
laugh.gif
I think its actually a good look for Combat, I'm not tryna hear Cardi on Desus and Mero just cracking jokes that BX people would get, and she's been on Tax before. I say that to say, Id rather hear Cardi B on Combat than a Feminista Jones
im not mad , its more disappointing . this thread is called the combat jack thread . he kinda set the bar for what a podcast could be and we can't act like this year has been a sluggish year so far . 

and i listened to the cardi b ep after reading some of yalls comments . halfway through i turned on some music . it was exactly what i thought it would be  and it wasn't  good 

reluctant to hear this new tax ep with yg . i just don't know if i wanna listen to his rhetoric anymore . i been heavy on the rap radar and the cypher podcast 

YG was coming for this ***** neck the whole episode. What struck me is when tax was taking about how he dont like people and YG was like I don't like ****** either. Awkward pause. Then he called him fake saying he only came out there to clear his name cause people was saying he dont like west coast artist. There was definitely tension and tax was shook

There were a lot of awkward pauses. A couple of times IMO you can tell Xzibit and Problem were like what's going on here.

:lol:

Tax has reached that level that Charalamagne reached a few years ago where cats want to see this ***** get checked and humbled so bad, they start over analyzing and blowing ish out of proportion.
Don't know how many times i've clicked a BC interview after reading people comments where people would say, such and such wasn't ******* w/ Charalamagne or he got checked, when a guest was simply giving short answers and or they interrupted him and corrected when he said something wrong.

Haven't peeped this YG interview, but having seen a few of that dudes interviews and having been in the same room as him twice; he's always been standoffish and short answered and this was around people he knew and was comfortable with. When i read he was on the podcast i expected it to be awkward, because Tax a loud mouth talkative *** ***** and YG is the exact opposite. :lol:

I'll peep that **** later tho, just saw NT's own Ben Baller is on the next Tax, so this ***** went from GA to the West. :lol: Well damn.

You might be right, but the tone was weird. One problem, Tax is a negative interviewer and does complidisses. He doesn't word questions correctly. Like when he mentioned Ty $ he didn't just say I liked the album or say it was slept on. He said I felt it should have sold more. When people hear him asking questions they hear that oh you think it flopped. And why would you say that to YG. He also takes shots that could be perceived as condescending. Like when he mentioned Chucks.

I think he has an idea of what he wants to say, but he needs to go over the questions prior to the interview. Maybe even use his phone.

and Ben Baller, I didn't finish listening to that guy on Combat. I know he is going to be in show off mode trying to play tough guy and impress Tax.

Last edited:
ben baller on tax could be good as hell or bad as hell 

the number of "make some noise" outburst , interruptions , and horn's we're going to hear 
laugh.gif

^idk how half my post got chopped out , meant to add it cant be worse than drink champs this week

capone , dogg pound , tony yayo AND a surprise r&b guest ? no one is going to get a word out :lol:

Last edited:
^ What?! All of them in one room. Ish going to be wild. Especially Kurupt, the last few interviews i seen him do, he been wilding. :lol: Should be interesting.

there aren't enough lies in the world that can compete with ben and tax linking up

bout to here the most extravagant lies ever prolly from both lol

the air around them will be enriched with falsehoods galore

can't wait

This is going to be epic in a very awkward way!

You already know Ben has his hollywood script writers cooking up something serious for this! My guess is that Ben will reveal he was Kim Kardashians first, fronted the money for Facebook to get started and turned down a personal invitation from Kobe to play for the Lakers opting to start a jewelry business instead. At that point Tax will then take credit for the careers of every NY rapper since Twitter started, tell a few jail stories and shout out D'usse in between 15-20 times.

Back
Top Bottom