The Combat Jack Show Thread

The Juvenile episode was too short to me compared to other people I couldn have cared less about like Uncle Murda or someone.

The Juvenile episode was too short to me compared to other people I couldn have cared less about like Uncle Murda or someone.
Agreed on the shortness. He had a session with French Montana right after, so his management was in a bit of a rush. 

Like Pete quiet the whole time
But when he says something it be so left field or crazy
laugh.gif
Pete has gems on the low! 

Anyone listen to the Malik Yoba one yet? Worth listening too?

I haven't cared about dude since New York Undercover was on TV, I know he's on Empire, but I don't watch that show

Listened to Joe and the Easy Moe Bee. Her not listening to Kendrick says a lot about her.

did anyone listen to the Biggie tribute one? I forgot to listen to that one.

Meth would have been a good interview.

Last edited:

I haven't cared about dude since New York Undercover was on TV, I know he's on Empire, but I don't watch that show

Listened to Joe and the Easy Moe Bee. Her not listening to Kendrick says a lot about her.

Malik Yoba episode is really good. A bit on the long side, but he's been through a lot and his story is one for the books. He's been in the game a for while and has crossed paths with everyone from Dame Dash and Tupac to Phylicia Rashad and Angela Bassett. He also has great stories about the old NY. Definitely worth listening to.

As for the Joe podcast, Marissa is becoming a tiny bit more tolerable. Sounds like she's still in radio mode when recording though which is off putting.

Last edited:
I kind of see why they killed off Malik's character. I know people who know or met dude, and I heard he's cool, but know it alls can be annoying. It probably rubbed some people the wrong way. Especially when you had "bigger stars" involved.

Last edited:

I couldn't believe she didn't listen to album yet said its not her thing. She would rather listen to that lame knock off T-pain dude.
That was disgusting, she hasn't even heard GKMC but called it a great piece of work??? These "bloggers" man, gladly we are
starting to see the fall of the majority of these people in the industry. She's nothing but a groupie.

I couldn't believe she didn't listen to album yet said its not her thing. She would rather listen to that lame knock off T-pain dude.
That was disgusting, she hasn't even heard GKMC but called it a great piece of work??? These "bloggers" man, gladly we are
starting to see the fall of the majority of these people in the industry. She's nothing but a groupie.

Yeah man, I don't even use the word THOT, but she's the definition of it.

She just wants to get turnt up. :lol: You're going to be 30 in a couple of years. These are future mothers. I remember when girls got this type of activity out of their system early and were ready to settle down by the time they got in their mid 20's. Instagram and social media has everyone in a state of arrested development. Everyone wants to impress people for the gram.

That's why I don't think they will last together, because Joe clowns her.

Last edited:
Yeah man, I don't even use the word THOT, but she's the definition of it.

She just wants to get turnt up. :lol: You're going to be 30 in a couple of years. These are future mothers. I remember when girls got this type of activity out of their system early and were ready to settle down by the time they got in their mid 20's. Instagram and social media has everyone in a state of arrested development. Everyone wants to impress people for the gram.

That's why I don't think they will last together, because Joe clowns her.

Bruh no truer words have been spoken. Everything loves forever on the Internet

Y'all mad a girl didn't listen to Kendrick's album?

She's not on the podcast to be a hip hop enthusiast lol

Have you ever heard the podcast?

Nobody is mad at her for not listening to Kendrick. If you listen to her it makes perfect sense.

and she also works for Hot and is a hip hop blogger besides being on the podcast.

Have you ever heard the podcast?

Nobody is mad at her for not listening to Kendrick. If you listen to her it makes perfect sense.

and she also works for Hot and is a hip hop blogger besides being on the podcast.

She's a gossip hip hop blogger like all these other chicks. Like I said she's not on there to share some deep thoughts about Hip Hop so idk what ppl expect from her on the podcast to begin with, this isn't even a Hip Hop podcast. It's really just Joe vocally speaking his corny tweets :lol: if anybody follows him on Twitter it would probably make more sense why he has this girl on here. I forget he's a rapper sometimes.

Are you just being contrarian for entertainment?

Again, who said they were upset or shocked that she never listened to Kendrick?

I was dependent on Tuesday's

I realize why the Kool Keith was rushed, they had him and Juvie booked the same day.

I was dependent on Tuesday's

I realize why the Kool Keith was rushed, they had him and Juvie booked the same day.

Nah, they were recorded at least a week apart. I'm 22 and wasn't too familiar with Kool Keith's history, so the episode didn't seem rushed to me. What major points did they fail to touch on?

Nah, they were recorded at least a week apart. I'm 22 and wasn't too familiar with Kool Keith's history, so the episode didn't seem rushed to me. What major points did they fail to touch on?

Naw same night, if you listen to the Malik Yoba one they mention having to do two in one night and they had that previous week off because of it. It was because they did Juvie and Kool Keith the same night.

They touched on a lot of their earlier start, but not the underground recent stuff as much. It was just obvious he was rushing him through stories and directing more than he usually does. Keith was sort of rambling at times.

Last edited:
Naw same night, if you listen to the Malik Yoba one they mention having to do two in one night and they had that previous week off because of it. It was because they did Juvie and Kool Keith the same night.

They touched on a lot of their earlier start, but not the underground recent stuff as much. It was just obvious he was rushing him through stories and directing more than he usually does. Keith was sort of rambling at times.

I work on the show and Kool Keith was recorded 2/25, Juvenile was recorded 3/5, and Malik Yoba was recorded 3/16, so there was an off week. Wasn't there for the Kool Keith recording, but there are times when an artist's management might cut the time allocated mid-interview forcing a quicker wrap-up.

They focused on the earlier stuff but I think Keith's legacy is really the Dr. Octagon /Sex Style era. I'm pretty sure hes
tired of even talking about it maybe. I heard at one point he stopped preforming stuff off Dr. Octagon at his shows?
IMO he fell off extremely hard when he started making his own beats, (ie. Jcole). The stuff he records now I'm like wtf
is this.

It's dope he got paid off the Prodigy stuff though! great songs. Overall the Keith interview was dope.

Last edited:
Are you just being contrarian for entertainment?

Again, who said they were upset or shocked that she never listened to Kendrick?
Calling a chick a thot that you listened to for a hour .. you hurt b
Have you listened to the Podcast? She doesn't say much to dispute that claim.

She comes off as a groupie...and she's not ashamed of it. Not judging...it just is what it is.

I've listened to all five episodes. Shes become bearable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom