The Combat Jack Show Thread

Trick Daddy on Drink champs was great
i gotta hear this 

not for nothing , nore is amazing at his lane of podcasting . its rare I'm not entertained by a drink champs interview and no matter how many times he explains his beef with rap radar , it still has me dying . i always thought nore had the best interviews , this podcast thing really was perfect for him cause the music was just not working . . .

Lox press run has been the greatest. The stories these gentlemen could tell.

Trick trick doing what he's known for and putting the beats on them had me weak though . :lol:

Mero's Tax impersonation.
roll.gif
"Chill beloved, why you smacking me in my grill beloved? That's violation." 
roll.gif

Tax really gets a side out of certain artists that no one else gets. Undeniable. Dudes grown a ton as an interviewer.

**** can you just imagine how refreshing it must be for dudes from the hood to interview, after a long tour of doing interviews with cats who probably don't really know their history.

Hell even with Charlamagne/ ebro he's an actual Fan of a lot of ****** & draws out good convo

This Trick Daddy on Drink Champs is hilarious man :lol:.

Trick: "That Kardashian P is a curse! You see what they did to Lamar MILLER?

:rofl:

I hope they expand on these award ideas. With the way podcasting is growing, they could really put something together if everyone pooled their resources.

i gotta hear this 

not for nothing , nore is amazing at his lane of podcasting . its rare I'm not entertained by a drink champs interview and no matter how many times he explains his beef with rap radar , it still has me dying . i always thought nore had the best interviews , this podcast thing really was perfect for him cause the music was just not working . . .

It's crazy in the super late 90's Nore was the biggest artist in the game for a slit second before Jay-Z/ Master P took over.
I'm guessing that's were all his connects came from, not to mention his personality and all. It's would be similar on a larger
scale if Jay decided to do a podcast, which would never happen.

It just works, but I'm still waiting to see how long they can milk the "OG artist" lane until they have to reinvent and go after
no traditional lanes for more interviews. I think this is where Combat fell off, he just ran out of people to interview if they
aren't going on press runs how many people can you actually interview from that era.

It would be dope if Combat got some OG and new school graff artist and bboy's/girls on the show for a segment .

It's crazy in the super late 90's Nore was the biggest artist in the game for a slit second before Jay-Z/ Master P took over.
I'm guessing that's were all his connects came from, not to mention his personality and all. It's would be similar on a larger
scale if Jay decided to do a podcast, which would never happen.

It just works, but I'm still waiting to see how long they can milk the "OG artist" lane until they have to reinvent and go after
no traditional lanes for more interviews. I think this is where Combat fell off, he just ran out of people to interview if they
aren't going on press runs how many people can you actually interview from that era.

It would be dope if Combat got some OG and new school graff artist and bboy's/girls on the show for a segment .
I see where you're coming from an to an extent I agree, but there are so many damn stories from the 90s/early 2000s that have gone untold that I think NORE can stay in his lane and still be good. He just has to go beyond simply interviewing artists. Think about it this way, any given record doesn't just pop off because of the artist or producer or even the record execs; there's a whole team driving everything and their voices are typically unheard or under-appreciated (think A&R's and so forth). There are also so many stories that NORE himself hasn't gone into on his own podcast (e.g. Pun stories), that can be used for future episodes. His bonds with people also make it so that he can do another interview with someone and it'll still be fresh to a certain extent, if he brings in multiple guests. Granted, I can't see Drink Champs lasting forever, but I don't think it's supposed to. Even NORE has acknowledged that he wants to jump into different aspects of media moving forward. 

As for Combat, I don't think that's really why he fell off. As good as an interviewer as Combat is, he used to have Dallas and Pete by his side and they created conversations that Combat just can't. They put the battery on his back and now he just has A-King. There are still a bunch of artists that Combat is a fan of and hasn't interviewed (Q-Tip, De La Soul as a group come to mind). While he can probably still get good interviews with them, I can only imagine how much better the interviews would be with Pete and Dallas. 

The Black Thought Tax is solid

As for Combat, I don't think that's really why he fell off. As good as an interviewer as Combat is, he used to have Dallas and Pete by his side and they created conversations that Combat just can't. They put the battery on his back and now he just has A-King. There are still a bunch of artists that Combat is a fan of and hasn't interviewed (Q-Tip, De La Soul as a group come to mind). While he can probably still get good interviews with them, I can only imagine how much better the interviews would be with Pete and Dallas. 

This

Combat needs a second chair, and it ain't that chick or A King.

Pete and Dallas provided some comedy, Combat is corny and isn't funny at all.

Combat definitely needs a second chair. He needs to learn to step aside and let the conversation flow at times. I feel like he interjects a bit too much where he feels like he needs to make a particular point, but all it does is throw off the thought process for the interviewee.

Dallas and Pete really filled a role. Hadn't really realized until now. I don't think he wants to share with anyone, though.

Dog.

This Trick Daddy episode of Drink Champs has to be the funniest one.

Trick even got NORE befuddled :lol:. Too many quotables :pimp:

Combat definitely needs a second chair. He needs to learn to step aside and let the conversation flow at times. I feel like he interjects a bit too much where he feels like he needs to make a particular point, but all it does is throw off the thought process for the interviewee.

Dallas and Pete really filled a role. Hadn't really realized until now. I don't think he wants to share with anyone, though.

he def needs a cohost but the other cats were still horrible

they didn't fit either

Just saw Tariq Rasheed retweeted Schulz invitation to the TBI

Boy when that ep. drop 
pimp.gif

RIP Culture Vulture - Young Hezzy - Snow **** Shulzy 
alien.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom