The Combat Jack Show Thread

That song with Lauryn had to be a throwaway from the Late Registration-Graduation days.

Even the lyrics sound like early Kanye.

Not a bad song, just doesn't really feel like a Pusha record. It's a good single though, for sure.

The It's The Real with Little Brother was interesting. I'm a fan of them sometimes, with certain guest when their corniness is toned down. Them and Phonte have a good rapport.

9th was an afterthought, and they sort of dismissed him saying he wasn't really involved in the process since The Listening. I guess that wasn't to be brought up, because they didn't ask questions. They seem to have a rotation of who does and doesn't get along.

I never really liked Pooh until his solo projects. I listened to one because I was like what the heck and saw he had improved. Phonte seemed sort of dismissive of him also, and felt like he was carrying the group. Pooh improved a lot.

It's crazy how Phife dying got Pooh and Phonte back to talking, and how they were never really friends. I thought they were friends from college. When they were just all guys who had rap in common.

It was dope how the concert cancellation actually what got this project started.

Phonte said before that their name was an ode to the groups before them who they idolized, tribe being one of them so it makes a little sense that would move things forward. These dudes got me a good way through the snap and ring tone Era so they'll always have a spot in my heart.

The intro to their podcast is a great example of why they aren't in the weekly rotation.

Gillie and Wallo is really hit or miss with me. Wallos stories can be entertaining but Gillie be sounding like he's the 3rd wheel half the time while Wallo will ramble on about something he thought was funny he said.

A0B0BB8D-C106-434C-864E-9FBFF34FDF46.jpeg

Phonte said before that their name was an ode to the groups before them who they idolized, tribe being one of them so it makes a little sense that would move things forward. These dudes got me a good way through the snap and ring tone Era so they'll always have a spot in my heart.

The intro to their podcast is a great example of why they aren't in the weekly rotation.

Gillie and Wallo is really hit or miss with me. Wallos stories can be entertaining but Gillie be sounding like he's the 3rd wheel half the time while Wallo will ramble on about something he thought was funny he said.

The intro to its the real is extremely corny, very hard to listen to honestly.

Gotta check that when I get home.

Crazy how quickly these dudes go from ahead of the curve to semi-washed.

NORE super duper washed.:lol:

Lol. I don’t get that at all. What are the similarities you heard?

It's completely different styles but their ability to switch between that "singing" and rapping while talking about pretty much the same things on trap beats.

I enjoy his music the same way I enjoy Future's. Matter of fact Imma try to put together a lil playlist of both of em just to vibe to

Back
Top Bottom