The Combat Jack Show Thread

***** got the BAG from Tinker and Jordan to wear those boring *** 3s.

At the Superbowl.:rofl:

Roll out was disgusting looking back. And you can tell the music was trash, cause they definitely put a lot of effort into making him crazy visible.

I think alot of people assumed JT was on some other **** because of the optics. People saw white man in the woods on some Into The Wild **** and automatically assumed he was putting out some log cabin music.

The music was typical JT.

I'd chance a bet that the majority of people who slandered man in the woods didn't even listen to it. The rollout may have looked a certain way, but sonically that album is the same music JT has been making for years. Rory even started to play a song to prove that it's the same "white boy with soul" bag that JT has existed in for years and Joe just dismissed it because he didn't have a valid point.

You can be mad at your interpretation of the rollout and marketing leading up to MITW compared to what he's appears to be doing with this album that's on the way, but if you're letting the music do the talking (as you should) then there's no real argument here. JT hasn't gone off track from what he's bee on for nearly 20 years.

When someone brings up the idea of a white person using black people music to get "cool" and sell records, I think of Miley Cyrus. Y'all can't tell me that MITW Justin is in the same vein of nasty as someone like Miley Cyrus.

There are levels. I’m not arguing for just calling Justin a vulture, but there’s a lot of truth to the fact that a lot of white pop artists use the hip hop charts for buzz, then move right into that white world where we’re not even able to exist.

I don’t think Justin is a vulture, but let’s not act like there’s zero credibility to that perspective.

And of course I didn’t listen to that bull****. :lol:

:lol:

There’s always going to be credibility to the sentiment of we’re discussing a white artist. Just is what it is.

But I’m Justin’s case, he’d have been hustling backward if he put out 4 projects being the white boy with soul and then one (alleged) album where he was trying to change gears. :lol:

***** got the BAG from Tinker and Jordan to wear those boring *** 3s.

At the Superbowl.:rofl:

Roll out was disgusting looking back. And you can tell the music was trash, cause they definitely put a lot of effort into making him crazy visible.

Nah those 3's are hard. :lol:

Justin last album was a lot different from his first 3. He always has pop elements but that album wasn't even pop. It was that manure smelling good ol boy type of ****. His other albums was heavy R&B/Pop.

Man of the Woods was garbage, the music matched the optics. It was nothing like 20/20. I tried to play it a few times and couldn’t do it.

It’s wild watching this Cuban Link interview and he says F and immediately apologizes and the Flip is like you can’t say that.

I understood what they were saying. The Man In The Woods was some sort of marketing ploy, like it was a country album, but it was Pharrell and Timb still. It made no sense. They marketed it like it was some sort of country album, but it wasn't. Why not just market it as a standard Justin return album, since he had been away for five years. He's not Taylor Swift.

The label blew it IMO. Justin should be beyond doing corny gimmicks at this point. He's sort of a legend of this generation.

I understood what they were saying. The Man In The Woods was some sort of marketing ploy, like it was a country album, but it was Pharrell and Timb still. It made no sense. They marketed it like it was some sort of country album, but it wasn't. Why not just market it as a standard Justin return album, since he had been away for five years. He's not Taylor Swift.

The label blew it IMO. Justin should be beyond doing corny gimmicks at this point. He's sort of a legend of this generation.

Nah I wouldn’t say they blew it, he’s basically a brand ambassador/collaborator at Levi’s now and has a new aesthetic/image that goes along with all that

It’s not like he about to go back and start wearing suits everywhere now, this is his new look

Joe didn’t even understand what he was tryna say himself, he changed his argument 3 times :lol:

Last edited:
The label blew it unless they have a 360, which I doubt. None of that JB or Levi's stuff helped his album.

The label blew it unless they have a 360, which I doubt. None of that JB or Levi's stuff helped his album.

What I’m saying is this is his new look/inspo going forward so it makes sense they would use it as a hook for a comeback project

Marketing and aesthetics are a BIG part of this **** now

What I’m saying is this is his new look/inspo going forward so it makes sense they would use it as a hook for a comeback project

Marketing and aesthetics are a BIG part of this **** now

I understand, none of that helped how his album was received and people desiring to listen to the album. It was a theme that didn't work, because again, he isn't Taylor Swift. He came from N'Sync doing pop and black music.

And he should be beyond that like Rihanna and Beyonce. They can just put out a project.

He's gone in to Usher territory. Where everything is based on the next hit.

I understand, none of that helped how his album was received and people desiring to listen to the album. It was a theme that didn't work, because again, he isn't Taylor Swift. He came from N'Sync doing pop and black music.

And he should be beyond that like Rihanna and Beyonce. They can just put out a project.

He's gone in to Usher territory. Where everything is based on the next hit.

Bro Beyoncé last solo album rollout literally began with a Super Bowl performance and black panther aesthetics :lol:

Last edited:
Bro Beyoncé last solo album rollout literally began with a Super Bowl performance and black panther aesthetics :lol:

Huh? How are they even comparable.

That's the theme of a show, not the album.

Nobody would be saying anything if that man of the woods was limited to just his Super Bowl show.

That was the theme of the lead single/accompanying video and it was a loose big picture theme of the album and the Lemonade film.

As far as the JT stuff, if you come back on new **** there’s a chance some people aren’t gonna rock with it, it is what it is. Every artist been there. He had to do something new/fresh tho. The **** he was doing in 2013 not rocking today.

Overall Parks had it right, Joe literally just wanted to get in his outrage bag. Bruh tried 3-4 different takes that went nowhere and finally gave up :lol: :smh:

The content and production was so far left compared to all of his previous albums. Neptunes might have done 90% of that album but I'm sure they talked about JT or his label said he wanted to make a different sound. The titles of the tracks tell you he went somewhere else with it and the music wasn't good.

The Tina Colata conversation about the baby daddy before the lipo. :lol: You weren't so choosey then. :rofl:

Joe sneaks them in.

Overall Parks had it right, Joe literally just wanted to get in his outrage bag. Bruh tried 3-4 different takes that went nowhere and finally gave up :lol: :smh:

Every time Parks and Rory was like "No, Justin always did that" Joe was like "ok, let me try this way". :lol:

"All of a sudden he gets the best black writers in the world!!"

Brian McNight wrote on his first album dawg. :lol:

The content and production was so far left compared to all of his previous albums. Neptunes might have done 90% of that album but I'm sure they talked about JT or his label said he wanted to make a different sound. The titles of the tracks tell you he went somewhere else with it and the music wasn't good.

Album came and went so fast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom