The Combat Jack Show Thread

And see that's another reason why everybody that has worked for him has horror stories. A lot of 'em got the same story. "Dame is my guy but once he started talking crazy to me I was out...". A lot of people got away from him because he got this ego thing like he wanna run other people and talk however he wants. You can't be a good leader w/o listening to other people. Even if they're "underneath you".

Dame is still out here thinking it's 2003. He has no leverage. And notice Irv used the term help Dame out. He's one of the few trying to help Dame out. Everyone else is laughing at him or kick him while he's down.

like who? Genuinely asking jg because I dont know lol

Come on b

Spotify has almost every podcast plus some exclusive ones.

Joe has managed to get people from Apple over to Spotify. I only use Spotify for Joe's podcast.

They tip toed around the Drake thing. I had no clue what they were talking about for a minute. I wonder if they edited something out.

The 2 Milly song sounds generic as hell.

The Justin Bieber letter :lol:

And I understand the Fab argument. But how many people are going to listen to Fab over Alchemist, Pete Rock and Harry Fraud? That would be pleasing a niche. The dudes over 30. That doesn't expand his base or let him eat.

Fab has always fit in with current rap, so why wouldn't you expect what's on Summertime Shootouts. It's not like Jay-Z working with Future. That is Fab.

They tip toed around the Drake thing. I had no clue what they were talking about for a minute. I wonder if they edited something out.

The 2 Milly song sounds generic as hell.

The Justin Bieber letter :lol:

And I understand the Fab argument. But how many people are going to listen to Fab over Alchemist, Pete Rock and Harry Fraud? That would be pleasing a niche. The dudes over 30. That doesn't expand his base or let him eat.

Fab has always fit in with current rap, so why wouldn't you expect what's on Summertime Shootouts. It's not like Jay-Z working with Future. That is Fab.

Nah in all honesty I think one of THOSE projects would help fab out a lot right now. Fab has always worked with the new kids no doubt but he's not picking up any new fans with these tapes & it's not like he's getting giant singles off them either.

A focused "grown" fab album over production from the greats will give him more exposure in 2019 IMO. From there he could go on to do his features with the new cats. But at this point people want that album.

I’m watching BoB on Pull Up, I was just wondering what happened to him.

Got a lil too woke
And if I remember right he at one point believed fully that the Holocaust never happened in addition to believing the world is flat and other stuff

Nah in all honesty I think one of THOSE projects would help fab out a lot right now. Fab has always worked with the new kids no doubt but he's not picking up any new fans with these tapes & it's not like he's getting giant singles off them either.

A focused "grown" fab album over production from the greats will give him more exposure in 2019 IMO. From there he could go on to do his features with the new cats. But at this point people want that album.

Nah b, 35+ year olds aren't moving the needle and paying Fab's bills in 2019

Nobody is going to check for Fab and Harry Fraud or Premo like that.

People need to separate what they individually what to hear from what sells, streams, merch and tickets.

Nah b, 35+ year olds aren't moving the needle and paying Fab's bills in 2019

Nobody is going to check for Fab and Harry Fraud or Premo like that.

People need to separate what they individually what to hear from what sells, streams, merch and tickets.

fab would sell the same amount of records doing that as he does doing this BS. Not to mention when fab is getting booked for shows it's purely based on his catalog at this point, Outside of features i can't remember the last time Fab had a record going off in clubs anyway.

Ya'll acting like fab is 2Chainz, the majority of his fanbase and shows aren't predicated on the music he's dropping right now.

fab would sell the same amount of records doing that as he does doing this BS. Not to mention when fab is getting booked for shows it's purely based on his catalog at this point, Outside of features i can't remember the last time Fab had a record going off in clubs anyway.

Ya'll acting like fab is 2Chainz, the majority of his fanbase and shows aren't predicated on the music he's dropping right now.

Ummmm, Fab does college tours

and if you go to his shows it's not a bunch of 40+ year olds

Ummmm, Fab does college tours

and if you go to his shows it's not a bunch of 40+ year olds

I'm sure he does, those college shows aren't packed because of the **** he's doing present day tho. I don't hear no youngboys checking for Fab's music like that. He does those shows based off his back catalog of legit HITS & the fact that he's still very present on social media.

Fab doing a grown album wouldn't negatively impact his popularity in the least bit. Hell the soul tape series is the closest we've gotten to more grown content/lyrical & in recent years that was probably the hottest he's been in terms of the newer generation.

I'm sure he does, those college shows aren't packed because of the **** he's doing present day tho. I don't hear no youngboys checking for Fab's music like that. He does those shows based off his back catalog of legit HITS & the fact that he's still very present on social media.

Fab doing a grown album wouldn't negatively impact his popularity in the least bit. Hell the soul tape series is the closest we've gotten to more grown content/lyrical & in recent years that was probably the hottest he's been in terms of the newer generation.

Why does a 20 year old care about Breathe :lol: You think they're going to his shows to hear what they heard in elementary school?

And him doing this album doesn't stop him from doing whatever else he does. It's not a either or situation.

Fab isn't Styles.

I don't think Fab is that popular with the young crowd and his music aimed towards the young crowd is garbage.

If that's working for him though, then I get it. I feel like Fab's been getting laughed at since he started these Summertime Shootouts which are all awful.

People are 100% checking for a “real rap” Fab album. A part of his original core audience is looking for that type of music...and he hasn’t shifted with them. Trying to keep up with the youngins is cool in doses...but you can’t swim in those waters full time as a 40 something year old rapper from the 90s/2000s.

Identify your core and feed them. Chase critical acclaim, not “hits” or a sound catering to a younger demo. Jim Jones just proved this...and Fab raps CIRCLES around Jim Jones.

People are 100% checking for a “real rap” Fab album. A part of his original core audience is looking for that type of music...and he hasn’t shifted with them. Trying to keep up with the youngins is cool in doses...but you can’t swim in those waters full time as a 40 something year old rapper from the 90s/2000s.

Identify your core and feed them. Chase critical acclaim, not “hits” or a sound catering to a younger demo. Jim Jones just proved this...and Fab raps CIRCLES around Jim Jones.

what is fab gon talk about forreal though to make that type of album lol

Why does a 20 year old care about Breathe :lol: You think they're going to his shows to hear what they heard in elementary school?

And him doing this album doesn't stop him from doing whatever else he does. It's not a either or situation.

Fab isn't Styles.

I wouldn't pay to see Fab (as opposed to others from that era like Wayne or Ye) and I'm a little older than 20 :lol:

Dude got a cool catalog but to me he was always kinda a 106 rapper lol he was Big Sean before Big Sean...very good at what he did but his music don't touch your soul or do anything in a drastically new way

Really he just lucky Mase went to church

Yeah from what i'm seeing, there's the camp that wouldn't mess with Fab anyways, then there's the other who do despite the generation, and they wanna hear the classic ****. Appealing to a new fanbase is almost pointless for someone like that. Like my nephew will listen to Fab after some NLE or something because I did, but his friends that didn't have that influence not likely putting summertime shootout on.

but Fab has always appealed to younger artist. You can go through his mixtapes and he's always worked with current artist.

Summer Time Shootout 1 - Dave East, Weekend, Bryson Tiller, Rich Homie Quan..
2 - Uzi, A Boogie, Future, Tory...

It's like you dudes forgot the past five years.

Working with younger artists doesn't really equal trying to appeal to a younger audience. Older cats should work with dudes they think got next.

Working with younger artists doesn't really equal trying to appeal to a younger audience. Older cats should work with dudes they think got next.

Some artist aren't like that, and it's kept him around for 20 years.

A lot of rappers can rap.

Cassidy can rap. Cassidy didn't change with the times.

Fab is also on a major, he's not Styles.

Agreed. I'm not checking for his album but there's plenty of guys around my age (26+) who are excited to hear he's droppin' something. Nowadays to make a decent living that's all you need. KRIT is my prime example of an artist who makes music and succeeds without having a MAJOR single with the mainstream crowd.

what is fab gon talk about forreal though to make that type of album lol

The same **** he always raps about. Griselda ain’t rapping about **** that the “trap” ****** aren’t rapping about. It’s just a different aesthetic sonically and the focus is on bars.

GreenThriftyIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

Fab ain't dropping no new hits, breaking no streaming records or gaining any new fans by doing these trendy albums. This album is gonna come and go quick. He might as well make some **** that fits him. Fab got a lot of praise for the Soul Tapes. Stick to that formula.

Back
Top Bottom