The Combat Jack Show Thread

I still don't get why they let Joe handle all the business. I used to ask in here how do that get paid and who decides what. Can't put your money in the hands of a emotional dude with mood swings. Don't put yourself in a position where somebody can hang something over your head.

Last edited:
its a bit disingenuous. I doubt Mal was looking up topics but I know Rory was doing research to find things to talk about during the week.

That involved listening to music and being aware of current events.

And I noticed over the past year or two Rory was doing it less and less and Parks sort of replaced Rory.

Cause Rory got salty about Ak calling him an employee.

Exactly

He got a wedgie from a dweeb, and was worried about what Ak's minions thought of him and let him **** up the bag.

Andrew for instance, Charlamagne I'm sure has more ownership of Brilliant Idiots, what did he do, go and do another podcast on his own.

Ultimately we'll see in a year if the JBP falls off numbers wise and when Mal and Rory get their own succesful podcast who had a leg to stand on. That's the real test. Both sides are posturing and trying to look good so we'll get our answers in the future.

its a bit disingenuous. I doubt Mal was looking up topics but I know Rory was doing research to find things to talk about during the week.
Honestly the hip hop related **** they talk about is usually handed to them based on w/e is trending.

The most they do is pay attention to whose IG ppl are on and talking about.

This aint like Desus and Mero where they got researchers finding crazy stories for them to react to.

The podcast literally reacts to what's going on in hip hop and the world over the past few days inbetween pods. When nothing happens they don't talk about much or they generate their own relationship or family based discussion topics.

Last edited:
Ultimately we'll see in a year if the JBP falls off numbers wise and when Mal and Rory get their own succesful podcast who had a leg to stand on. That's the real test. Both sides are posturing and trying to look good so we'll get our answers in the future.
This is assuming Mal and Rory do something together.

This is assuming Rory wants to do his own pod given he has said its not his passion.

If it's one thing we know, if they do make their own pod, Mal and Rory are both unwilling to step in the spotlight and be the main guy drawing attention off their opinions.

If their pay fluctuated depending on how well the pod did then yes I get wanting to see the full numbers to see they're actually getting their percentage but from Joe's side the second they asked for an audit he took it as you're basically accusing me of stealing from you, accusing me of what Complex, Spotify, all his music labels did to him. Rory apparently kept asking these questions and inquiring implying something foul was going on Joe's part. That's what frustrated Joe and he finally aired that out. That's a separate issue though.

These guys were suppose to pod and none of them showed up AGAIN with no communication about why AGAIN. That's what had Joe saying they breached their contract (or just Rory. A lot of the hostility seemed aimed at him than both of them). We still haven't got the reason why they didn't show up to pod. It can't be about this audit stuff cuz then they would've never came back in the first place and peaced **** up. When you're in breach of your contract that usually results in termination but given how Joe worded things it came off like he fired them and now they were free of the restrictions of their contract which is why they took the pod down.

Yes thats exactly it, they were accusing him (or Ian) of stealing. Which is messed up but at the same time what if he was stealing? If everything were legit it seems like the smart move would have been to show them the numbers, slap them in the face with the evidence, THEN go on this rant. He woulda came out looking golden had they accused him of stealing and he proved he wasn't, instead of looking like the buffoon he does now. I get that someone asking to see your books isnt a pleasant experience but the way he responded to the audit is very telling. ESPECIALLY after all the **** he talks about knowing your deal and demanding information. This fool was heated when spotify wouldn't show him their private financial statements. :lol:

Yes thats exactly it, they were accusing him (or Ian) of stealing. Which is messed up but at the same time what if he was stealing? If everything were legit it seems like the smart move would have been to show them the numbers, slap them in the face with the evidence, THEN go on this rant. He woulda came out looking golden had they accused him of stealing and he proved he wasn't, instead of looking like the buffoon he does now. I get that someone asking to see your books isnt a pleasant experience but the way he responded to the audit is very telling. ESPECIALLY after all the **** he talks about knowing your deal and demanding information. This fool was heated when spotify wouldn't show him their private financial statements. :lol:
The audit thing seems like its been an issue over time though. He said Rory was doing this also through emails. It's not like they both asked Monday, Joe said no, and they didn't show up Tuesday to pod.

I can understand not wanting to show them even though he isn't stealing.

If he was though, welp that whole thing is dead now anyway so it only leaves ppl to speculate that he did.

The audit thing seems like its been an issue over time though. He said Rory was doing this also through emails. It's not like they both asked Monday, Joe said no, and they didn't show up Tuesday to pod.

I can understand not wanting to show them even though he isn't stealing.

If he was though, welp that whole thing is dead now anyway so it only leaves ppl to speculate that he did.

It definitely was, they "joked" on air about ian and joe always flying first class awhile ago. They've spoke about arguments they've had. Plenty of side comments about spending over the past year or two.

We dont really know what happened between the previous show and the last one or why they didnt show up. Im pretty sure something happened but Joe was within his right to fire em for not showing but i dont think thats whats in contention here, its literally everything else surrounding this. To speculate, that little vacation everyone working on the pod not named rory or mal just took was expensed to the podcast and came out of their cut. Thats one thing that happened between shows.

This isnt over, I think we get the other side at some point. The audit is still coming. If he stole we def gonna hear about it.

you a wild boy :lol:

but nah, EO actually has some good music.

Rory a cornball (especially if he’s guilty of that **** Ak accused him of), but son has a good enough ear to get somewhere in the music industry.

Comments on Joe tweet are wild lol

14D59E4C-3619-438F-9FD2-85CBCBC5FFE0.jpeg

How many hours did Joe spend talking about ownership, only for the pod to fall apart over it? Seems like they hadn't been on the same page in a while

If Joe refused to budge on equity I get why Rory & Mal might've acted like employees instead of owners. I believe when Joe says they were paid WELL but if they were fudging or hiding numbers that obviously changes things

If you're paying me after expenses you better believe I want to see those expenses. And the no-compete is a wild thing to put in the contracts :lol:

But at the end of day you signed it, and any and all leverage is lost when you start doing the minimum. Pod went out sad and I think that's why Joe went off like he did. Hard to see another Joe and friends podcast taking off like that one

Back
Top Bottom