The Combat Jack Show Thread

It’s up on the iPhone podcast app
EDD6C74D-5427-448A-9125-8164CA9D426D.png

I now see why nobody talked about the D'Angelo joint. I forgot about it until I was reminded, and went to IG Live and saw dude sitting down and a fur coat covering his stomach singing along to the song. I listened to two songs to see if other people were coming out, then I heard the friends were us. I was like I'm good, I'm out.

and Meth and Red is random, why not AZ?

and it's always been Maxwell > D'Angelo easily

Mal was so quick to say "versus is gonna fall off after this one". That's exactly why it's so easy for white folks to steal ****. We create something, love it, decide it's no longer "cool" and that's that. Even if it was 3 duds it's been many great ones that did NUMBERS.
Haven't even seen the full potential of Versus due to COVID.. Way to early to call a "fall off"..

It was funny how Joe didn't want to give his take on Alicia Keys

People are finally starting to realize what I realized 15 years ago, and how overrated she is

Overrated I can understand. Mediocre though, that’s tough. A Keys had radio hits that were actually good. Plus some good album cuts. She’s for sure better than your average R&B act.

Ashanti was mediocre. Nina Sky. Lumidee :lol:. Those types.

A Keys, maybe you can argue overrated, but she made good music.

Ashanti wasn't average either. :lol:

She ain't a great vocalist but she knew how to make great records and wrote all her smash hits and hits for others, that's why she comfortable years later w/o having hits. You can't do that and be mediocre.

Ashanti wasn't average either. :lol:

She ain't a great vocalist but she knew how to make great records and wrote all her smash hits and hits for others, that's why she comfortable years later w/o having hits. You can't do that and be mediocre.

Ashanti writes? I didn’t know that, I just assumed she had a team writing for her, especially in the Murder Inc days.

If she wrote her stuff then that’s respectable. I still don’t listen to anything in her discography :lol:, but I respect the effort.

I was just thinking today how A Keys had the radio on smash in her early days. She’s not an amazing vocalist but she had hits and that I still listen to and love. Same with Ashanti.

This drinks champs episode with Waka's mother, Big U and Trick Trick is real good. A lot of misconceptions about Trick Trick, good to hear from him himself.

Bimmy: “Me and Bobby Brown never did drugs, I never sold him drugs...”

N.O.R.E.: “Eh...”

:rofl:

Ashanti writes? I didn’t know that, I just assumed she had a team writing for her, especially in the Murder Inc days.

If she wrote her stuff then that’s respectable. I still don’t listen to anything in her discography :lol:, but I respect the effort.

Yeah, by now it's known that she wrote her stuff and those Jlo and Ja records.

Y’all know of any podcasts that discusses hip hop releases. Not by any big publications like Complex or anything. Something thorough.

Back
Top Bottom