The Combat Jack Show Thread

chatty steve.gif

Joe was on that bull**** again. How do you go from praising J Cole, to bringing up Aubrey?

And Aubrey is the top, because of sales? Mediocre albums don't matter? When hasn't sales been a factor? So Hammer, Snoop, Nelly, Ja Rule, 50 were considered the best rappers? When have sales ever been a factor? 16 year old girls in Ohio determine who's the best rapper?

Dude just says anything out of his mouth to defend the love of his life.

His rap takes are getting worse. We needed Joe to tell us that Life of Pablo wasn't good? That was some **** he was only saying?

At least Ice will admit I don't **** with R&B like that. Joe needs to stop talking about rap, because they only thing he can discuss is Aubrey.

The thing with Joe is that his life seemingly revolves around young IG models, so it clear why he has such an appreciation for Drake's music. Dude is essentially an R&B artist who has the skill to rap really well if focused. & a big portion of his music revolves around being heartbroken by the same thots Joe loves to chase around.

But if you go back to those Budden disses & that podcast about views it's clear he knows what's up as well & everything he said during that period has only become more & more of a glaring hole project after project.

My thing is how dismissive he was of of J Cole. He only brought up the J Cole song only to talk about Drake, because his mid albums aren't garnering enough attention to talk about him otherwise. J Cole did what J Cole does, there's nothing to talk about. Bro, so we're going to talk about Drake AGAIN for the billionth time, and you're going to convince us he's the best because he's the most popular. So Adele is the best singer ever? Now we know damn well in this streaming era, her 3 million streams weren't comparable to what Mike was selling or others who were going platinum the first week. He gave us some instagram memes and 20 more simp and chick records.

And he skirted around the fact of Cole rapping over your beat is a diss and that people should look at Drake funny. I'm taking your beat and even mentioning your name. Me and Fab wouldn't have done that....ok....

So J Cole isn't on Drake's level to respond to?

And dude released a bunch of mid albums and you even said they're mid and he sings for half of them, yet you're going to tell us he's top? That **** doesn't even make sense.

It's bad enough that he'll promote Drake's projects more than people who actually **** with him like Vince, Freddie and Royce. Who release better projects than him.

And I'm not even going to get on them in reference to talking about that Rolling Stones list. It's like have they never though of overall significance and what some of those songs meant culturally. It's not like he was alive for a lot of them. And to praise Bohemian Rhapsody, because you saw a damn movie. Joe would have some bull**** like Sno Allegra over Sam Cooke if he comprised a list.

If you could get rid of any disease in the world what would it be ?

wax - “shrinkage “ “nobody would like me without a ****, my sons won’t like my attitude “

Ctg- how would your sons know you don’t have a ****?

wax - cause they’ll see it on my face 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

fam I need a YouTube compilation of all his best quotes

Drake
Kendrick
Cole

by the way

Kendrick dropping every 5 years doesn’t cut it for me.

Although I did like this last cole album (finally ) I’d argue the same thing y’all say about drake in he’s not doing anything different from album to album (most artist not named Kendrick/ye don’t).

But I’ve never really been a cole fan

So Joyner did all this for a rollout ?

I heard someone else was saying that. I sort of dismissed it as them making excuses for Karen though.

I hope it's not like how Em would beef with pop stars for attention.

Drake
Kendrick
Cole

by the way

Kendrick dropping every 5 years doesn’t cut it for me.

Although I did like this last cole album (finally ) I’d argue the same thing y’all say about drake in he’s not doing anything different from album to album (most artist not named Kendrick/ye don’t).

But I’ve never really been a cole fan
Where’s this kendrick drops every 5 years narrative coming from? It just isn’t, this is like his 1st break. No one was even expecting ‘DAMN.’ soon. I know I wasn’t. Man dropped 3 yrs in a row last time and stayed on the road.

Idk what y’all expect of Joe Budden’s opinion of Drake in 2021 :lol:

The spark that lit the fuse for Joe’s entire media empire was his Drake rant in 2016. He’s not going into that well agai.

Kendrick drops on the schedule that most good artist drop on, ****** who give you several projects in a short time are usually giving you mid
I'm as big a Kendrick fan as anyone else but let's not pretend we haven't seen greats drop more consistently.

Jay dropped seven or 8 summers straight

Early Drake dropped nearly every year and still does. I think this was his longest break between official projects and we still had a couple throw away projects to hold us over.

Wayne dropped a lot of his best work back to back to back.

Fewtch did 3-4 projects in a year at his peak

I can actually go on.

I'm as big a Kendrick fan as anyone else but let's not pretend we haven't seen greats drop more consistently.

Early Drake dropped nearly every year and still does. I think this was his longest break between official projects and we still had a couple throw away projects to hold us over.

I can actually go on.

Jay the only one i'll agree on, & i think Wayne's best period was when he wasn't oversaturating everything.

the other three make a different kind of music with completely different directions.

I can actually go on.

Jay the only one i'll agree on, & i think Wayne's best period was when he wasn't oversaturating everything.

the other three make a different kind of music with completely different directions.

Man I don't know a period where Wayne didn't drop a lot of music tbh. Even between Carter 1 and 2 there are a couple mixtapes. Between C2 and C3 I think there might be 4 or 5 official tapes from Wayne. Hell C2 and Dedication 2 dropped literally a couple months a part and then Wayne went on to do like 100 features in a year. Tbh comparing anyone's output to Wayne is probably unfair, that dude is an alien.

As for Kendrick I think a more fair comparison would probably be Kanye based on the way both artist have changed their sound on a project to project basis. However even Ye dropped much more consistently than Kendrick.

Kendrick is given a lot of leeway from his fans because of his elite level of rapping but it's almost unfair to compare him to any of his contemporaries on an output basis.

Drake on like album #8 (not surprising considering he comes from the Wayne lineage)

Cole on album #6

Kendrick on album #4 maybe 5 officially.

**** Wale got dropped, signed to MMG dropped by Atlantic and resigned to Warner and has still dropped more albums than Kendrick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom