The Combat Jack Show Thread

Isn't Charlemagne an exec with iHeart, LSN with his own show on Comedy Central?

You can say Schulz had the Netflix show and he's had some acting gigs, but so has Chatty.

It's def off comparing somebody who actively is tryna make a name in both the podcast space and puts in work at stand-up versus a radio/network personality making moves behind the scenes.

Fam said he surpassed Charlamagne, how can this be proven?

Schulz is getting more money independently off of Patreon for the flagrant pod and then his special he just did independently the Dame Dash way, Charlamagne still has to answer to his boss at Iheart

Clearly coordinated “old head” vs “new head” energy with Flakko & G Malone, but interesting nonetheless.

I know this goin get Magic33 Magic33 riled up

But I also truly believe that ***** Flakko don’t know **** about hip hop, and most definitely ain’t see no black movies (which is sad) and in real time in settings like we grew up on.

Also agree with G Malone on Black Panther being super mid, and not a “Black Movie”…but that’s another convo

Clearly coordinated “old head” vs “new head” energy with Flakko & G Malone, but interesting nonetheless.

I know this goin get Magic33 Magic33 riled up

But I also truly believe that ***** Flakko don’t know **** about hip hop, and most definitely ain’t see no black movies (which is sad) and in real time in settings like we grew up on.

Also agree with G Malone on Black Panther being super mid, and not a “Black Movie”…but that’s another convo

I noticed he starts stuttering and acting aloof whenever he's talking about something he doesn't really know about. I noticed he did alot less of it when they interviewed Tariq.

The Drill convo was ridiculous. Glasses Malone was making no sense whatsoever. He thinks New York Drill should be called "Hip-Hop" because they created the pattern of samples and drums. Like bro what? He couldn't fathom the idea of someone being influenced by an artist not from their city.

***** keep bringing up Kool Herc like a kid from the Bronx who was 8 when Chief Keef came out knows who the **** Kool Herc is :lol::smh:

I'm not a big MBJ fan.

When I see him acting my reaction is instantly ughhhhhh anyway, and whatever he's in becomes average.

Him and Anthony Mackie.

Feels like Fruitvale didn't actually require a great performance, from an acting standpoint. He was young black male in Oakland. It's a movie where much doesn't actually happen, even emotionally. Which is kind of the point...he was just a regular black dude, living life, trying to make a way.

I don't think he sucks as a actor, but I do think you could plug in anybody into most of his roles.

Jamie Fox killed it, MBJ was just in it. Aldis Hodge, Daniel Kaluuya or Winston Duke would have killed that role.

Fruitvale was 10 years ago.

Im supposed to praise a basketball player, because he dropped 30 three years ago? Yeah, he's been garbage since, but November 17, 2018, I watched him drop 34.

Sam Jackson is going to be Sam Jackson for the most part in a role. Michael B Jordan is going to be Michael B Jordan, but he's not interesting or good enough to be Michael B Jordan with his robotic *** acting in any role. So everything else around him needs to be perfect for the movie to be uplifted, because he's not going to do it.

Feels like Fruitvale didn't actually require a great performance, from an acting standpoint. He was young black male in Oakland. It's a movie where much doesn't actually happen, even emotionally. Which is kind of the point...he was just a regular black dude, living life, trying to make a way.

I don't think he sucks as a actor, but I do think you could plug in anybody into most of his roles.

What was supposed to happen? It was a true story about a everyday person's life that was racially targeted. Those might be the hardest roles because it's all focused on acting. That does require good to great acting. It's no action, no crazy lifestyle. It's just you.

Jamie Fox killed it, MBJ was just in it. Aldis Hodge, Daniel Kaluuya or Winston Duke would have killed that role.

Fruitvale was 10 years ago.

Im supposed to praise a basketball player, because he dropped 30 three years ago? Yeah, he's been garbage since, but November 17, 2018, I watched him drop 34.

Voodoo Tatum would've def killed that role

What was supposed to happen? It was a true story about a everyday person's life that was racially targeted. Those might be the hardest roles because it's all focused on acting. That does require good to great acting. It's no action, no crazy lifestyle. It's just you.
My point. Nothing was supposed to happen and that's why it's commonly thought he was good in it because it didn't actually require him doing anything. Perfect for him.

I'm not an actor, so I can't speak to how difficult it was--which it may have been--he may very well be skilled at acting, technically. He just doesn't offer anything, emotionally, in any movie he's in. He doesn't jump off the screen. He's just a regular actor.

My point. Nothing was supposed to happen and that's why it's commonly thought he was good in it because it didn't actually require him doing anything. Perfect for him.

I'm not an actor, so I can't speak to how difficult it was--which it may have been--he may very well be skilled at acting, technically. He just doesn't offer anything, emotionally, in any movie he's in. He doesn't jump off the screen. He's just a regular actor.

That type of movie does require him doing something. It's no smoke and mirrors in that type of movie. It's on the actor to keep peoples attention. It's why those types of movies typically win awards. If your opinion is he's just a regular actor cool that's you but that movie got high reviews across the board because of his performance. Bruh got nothing but great praise for that movie.

They should have scrapped the Nature interview. He didn't want to talk about Nas, and it made it awkward.

The Nas/Steve Stoute/Trackmasters thing was strong, he did the same to Cormega.

Back
Top Bottom