The curious case of Deion Sanders

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

"Why does Sanders want to mentor only the star players?" asks a college assistant coach. "I've got a backup guard who could use guidance. It can't all be innocent."
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
laugh.gif
[/font]
unless that lil kid kirby is running for 300 yards per game, i wouldnt consider him a star...

good read

I dont think what hes doing is shady i think hes just trying to help and what he sees as helping people might be viewed differently by other people.

Can't say I'm mad at him for doing his son like that. I used to watch KD's mom do him the same way. She was menacing...but he took it all in stride and now look. I wish I had one of those type of tough parents too.

Great read. 
pimp.gif

I'm sure part of him loves the attention he gets from it, but that doesn't mean his heart isn't always in the right place either. 

I'm sure he's helped many more then he's hurt in all this, good stuff. 

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I think Deion means well...

He works w/ African star players and poor inner city kids...

And this is why they hating.
pimp.gif

ESPN bleeds hypocrisy day in and day out.

Every Sunday they brag about the gritty grimy game of football, hard-nosed coaches/team owners,
but then they want to play "soft" politics filled with morals and values.

And yes even the most talented of players could use mentoring,
just because they have "skills" don't mean they have a disciplined character.
Which def shows with the buffoonery that goes on in the NFL today.
Ex. Plaxico Burress

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

He's no Darrelle Revis, but what he does is nice.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Back-handed if I've ever seen one. 
I thought the story was very well written. It's just not normal for people to look at Deion and his previous persona and not be skeptical. However, I thought the story did him justice and showed he does stuff not only with stars, but with kids. 

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ya i will wait for the mag to come in the mail so i can read that while taken a dump
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
....He seemed like a totally different person when i first behind the lines.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Damn Prime... Just gonna Son your Son like that in front of everyone huh???

I'ma tough coach myself but even I don't think I could do something like that
laugh.gif

I'm saying, that's straight Ether on the field.

Originally Posted by KG21

I just read the whole thing and I'll try my best to summarize:

- Deion's critics question his motives for mentoring people.
- Lots of NFL stars seek help from Deion including Darius Butler, Adrian Peterson and Pacman Jones.
- Noel Devine's guardian called 911 to say Deion kidnapped Noel.
- Noel liked being mentored by Deion but couldn't stand living with him and eventually left.
- Critics question why Deion only works with potential stars (Devine, Crabtree, Bryant) when they don't really need his advice.
- Critics think Deion is funneling players to his former agent Eugene Parker.
- Deion questions why he's looked at in a bad light when Colt McCoy works at the Manning's football camps.
- Deion yells at his son for fumbling, his son cries, Deion tells him to go back to his mama.

frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Can't say I'm mad at him for doing his son like that. I used to watch KD's mom do him the same way. She was menacing...but he took it all in stride and now look. I wish I had one of those type of tough parents too.
In the same boat as you brother

Originally Posted by dreClark

[h1]Sports, of course, brimswith hidden agendas. Players, coaches, owners, agents, journalists,trainers, mentors, even fans -- everyone has something to gain. And fewin sports have gained as much as Deion Sanders. He made millionspromoting his Prime Time persona, playing pro baseball and football,recording a rap CD, shilling for Pizza Hut, Pepsi and many others. Buthe has admitted that the act left him feeling alone and suicidal. Andwhile finding God helped him, he says it might have been easier if he'dfound a mentor. Without anyone to guide him, Sanders wasted money andenergy on partying, women and, most of all, living up to his image. "Ifsomeone I respected had been there to check me," he says, "I'd be $10million richer and would have saved a lot of time."[/h1]

I believe this paragraph is true to all athletes. Their big egos is what makes them great. The bigger ego the greater the athlete.

Deion tripping. My favorite athlete. My guy, but cmon. Dudes should know about women already

Back
Top Bottom