THE D'ANGELO APPRECIATION THREAD

the neo-soul jesus.

dangelo-voodoo.jpg

two undeniable classics and he's the best male singer since marvin.

i imagine if i were to walk up to the gates of heaven and throw a rock at it, his voice would begin faintly echoing out.

if you have any siblings age 9 and younger, they were probably conceived to this song right here..

Damn!
I'm shocked that there's no love here!
I remember how all the sisters would say "he made Brown Sugar for me!"not knowing what D was REALLY talking about!
laugh.gif

I still don't think people are up on what the song is about.That entire first album is most certainly a classic with no filler!He's the only cat I know who can have a song where there's nothing but cussing in the hook and it still sounds smooth (****,damn,************)I have wanted he and Premier to get back in the lab for the longest,but it seems like my man isn't coming back!Has anyone heard anything?

smh.gif
At this reaching page 3 with a single reply.

I can listen to this song for days at a time.

appreciated to the max.
Brown Sugar and Devil's Pie are some of my favorite tracks ever...so smooth
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif
Premo did his thing on that last one

lady... eff it the whole brown sugar album is straight bbq/good times music

and brown sugar is referring to heroin for those who didn't know
laugh.gif

I always thought Brown Sugar was about weed

Both albums are amazing
Voodoo might be my favorite album of all time

^^^

n weed isn't brown... well good weed isn't
laugh.gif

"got a cousin named chocolate thai"

First of all it's sister named Chocolate Thai

Eyes bloodshot
Plus "stick my tongue out and I'm bout ready to hit this pretty gritty bitty with persistence" - smoking something
"always down for menage a trois" - sharing an L

It's more that he never talks about injecting it...maybe you can smoke heroin, I dunno enough about heroin to call it but it seems like a strong case for weed

Not to mention on Left & Right Redman says "I !%!@+% Brown Sugar behind a fiberglass window" and both D & Redman are notorious weed heads

i'm still not sold on the bud thing cause brown sugar is definitely street slang for the h...

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

i'm still not sold on the bud thing cause brown sugar is definitely street slang for the h...

the lyric is Even got a big sister by the name of Chocolate Thai

[font=arial, sans-serif]chocolate thai cant be stronger than heroin [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]idk now u got me thinking [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

PURE Heroin is white powder.
"Street" Heroin can range in color from white to a brown color because of additives and what have you.It CAN be smoked.People sometimes lace it with tobbaco or weed ().The "Chocolate Thai" reference is for the strain of Cannibis weed known as "Chocolate Thai".The actual weed isn't brown in color,but when burning it up it smells like chocolate and I think it originates in Thailand (Thai).The lyrics most definitely point to smoking something and not injecting it.
*kanyeshrug*

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

PUSHA C said:

the lyric is Even got a big sister by the name of Chocolate Thai

chocolate thai cant be stronger than heroin
idk now u got me thinking

for real for real, that whole h thing was an urban legend around the time that joint came out back in the day

another one was i heard that he actually put a voodoo curse on his album of the same name
that would explain why its so crack

and another sidebar lol... yall remember that ?uesto revie

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

PUSHA C said:

the lyric is Even got a big sister by the name of Chocolate Thai

chocolate thai cant be stronger than heroin
idk now u got me thinking

for real for real, that whole h thing was an urban legend around the time that joint came out back in the day

another one was i heard that he actually put a voodoo curse on his album of the same name
that would explain why its so crack

and another sidebar lol... yall remember that ?uesto revie

His cover version of "Cruisin" almost, just almost is better than Smokey's OG version.

Back
Top Bottom