"The Dark Knight" Passes $1 Billion at Box Office

http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSTRE51M2MS20090223http://www.reuters.com/ar...ews/idUSTRE51M2MS20090223
By Gregg Kilday

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - So what if "The Dark Knight" wasn't nominated for a best picture Oscar?

Warner Bros. announced Friday that Christopher Nolan's Batman saga has crossed the $1 billion mark in worldwide revenues, having accumulated a $1,001,082,160 billion gross to date.

With two Oscar wins to its credit for supporting actor (Heath Ledger) and sound editing, the film ranks as the fourth highest worldwide grosser of all time, before adjusting for inflation. "Titanic" is tops with more than $1.8 billion.

Since its release in July, "Knight" also has become Warners' highest grossing film worldwide as well as the second-highest-grossing film domestically of all time. In its Imax release, it ranks as the largest 2-D digitally remastered Imax release of all time in both the domestic market with $49.6 million and worldwide with a gross of $64.9 million.

(Editing by Dean Goodman at Reuters)

baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

I haven't watched this movie in awhile... was gonna peep it again in imax but decided to pass, and by awhile I mean maybe like 2 months
roll.gif

I watched this too many times in theaters and kinda killed the movie for myself
eyes.gif
I still love it tho
happy.gif

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

I have contributed nothing to that 1 billion, still haven't seen the movie.

I haven't contributed either but I saw it in theatres 6 times. free movies ftw

For those of you who haven't seen it, don't worry it isn't the greatest thing since slice bread like many claim. Best supporting actor......meh

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

For those of you who haven't seen it, don't worry it isn't the greatest thing since slice bread like many claim. Best supporting actor......meh
seems my man is in the mood for debate
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

seems my man is in the mood for debate
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom