THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

I just realized from this thread Bruce fixed the auto pilot because I didnt hear what Morgan Freeman said. So ever since I watched the movie till I got in this thread I thought Bruce actually died and Alfred was imagining him at the cafe.

Now that I know Bruce is actually alive and was at the the cafe its even more mind blowing!
Btw did anyone not have ANY previews before the movie? My IMAX screening this morning just had the "first look" type preview and it went straight to the movie. No Man of Steel no nothing...

^^^a bunch of old previews,and man of steel(but didn't show any actual movie clips just one of superman as a boy and then flying in the suit)and also a movie about the origin of the wizard of oz which looked pretty good.

Movie was epic,can't wait to get the trilogy and DVD,probably the best trilogy I've ever seen.fantastic ending to wrap everything up.

I peeped the foreshadowing after bruce smanged talia and was rubbing his fingers on her back the camera showed a scar on her back so I knew she was gunna be talia
I wanted it end with batman being dead

Watching the dark knight right now...this Bane dude was not doing it for me man.

I mean if all you had to do was cut at dudes mask...come on really?

Bad character to me...had me up until that point. But the voice got annoying after a while as well.

Like how did his face get like that? No explanation from the movie.,,

The Dark Kinght remains the goat super hero movie.

At the end of the movie what was it that was fixed buy Bruce Wayne for almost 6 months? I couldn't hear or see what they told Morgan Freeman

The auto-pilot on the Bat.

So was Alfred Dreaming or what? Auto Pilot or not I don't think Batman had time to eject. He was till over the water when he looked up into the sun and that bomb had a 6 mile Blast radius

Watching the dark knight right now...this Bane dude was not doing it for me man.

That's always been his weakness though. That's like saying you just have to have a green rock next to Superman to beat him, well yeah, that's his weakness.

I peeped the foreshadowing after bruce smanged talia and was rubbing his fingers on her back the camera showed a scar on her back so I knew she was gunna be talia

I I did notice that one too, plus the cryptic stories she was telling 'bout her childhood. Then there was of course all the leaks that was coming out several months ago. Crazy thing is, I was expecting her to come out, but the twist of having the flashbacks in the pit appear ambiguous actually distracted me a lot and thus ended up in me being surprised when Talia was revealed. I would have to give Nolan's storytelling props for that, as he managed to distract me long enough on it.

So was Alfred Dreaming or what? Auto Pilot or not I don't think Batman had time to eject. He was till over the water when he looked up into the sun and that bomb had a 6 mile Blast radius
He probably turned on autopilot then ejected while the bat flew farther into the ocean

He was alive. Alfred also saw Selina Kyle with Bruce in the cafe in Florence.

Plus we don't really know where Bruce ejected from the plane and we don't know how fast it was flying as well. He could have ejected much earlier and what we saw of Bats before the explosion was of him inside the pod that ejected thinking about pretending his death, that he can't be Bruce Wayne anymore so he looks sad?

Bad character to me...had me up until that point. But the voice got annoying after a while as well.

True, Bane has an obvious weakness but Bat's still got beat up pretty well before he knew how to beat the guy. And yes, though Nolan's version is more pegged to mirror reality it's still based on a comic, thus the need for suspension of disbelief. As for why he needs the mask, I do remember hearing one of the prisoners saying he needed constant supply of morphine (?) as his face was pretty much beat up when he tried to help Tali escape the pit.

That's always been his weakness though. That's like saying you just have to have a green rock next to Superman to beat him, well yeah, that's his weakness.

Yeah but how attainable is kryptonite? It's so elusive...but this dude Band was a brute with no smarts whatsoever. Dumb guy compared to The Joker...and having another bomb to blue up the city was done in the last film.

You can't go up from The Dark Knight in tems of Batman films and that's being honest.

Maybe down the road...but I had to put it back on. Because I was honestly let down by the tdkr.

I'm on y phone so I have SPoilers!!
Scroll down my post quick.

Bane was a beast.
Anne was sexy.
Am I the only one that thought when they mentioned big alligators it was a reference to killer croc?
Talia was beautiful.
When the lady asked Blake why don't you use his real name I thought for sure they were going to say "**** Grayson", I would have spazzed. But having Robin was also great. The crowd cheered for that part big.
Great movie!

Yeah but how attainable is kryptonite? It's so elusive...but this dude Band was a brute with no smarts whatsoever. Dumb guy compared to The Joker...and having another bomb to blue up the city was done in the last film.
You can't go up from The Dark Knight in tems of Batman films and that's being honest.
Maybe down the road...but I had to put it back on. Because I was honestly let down by the tdkr.

Kryptonite isn't hard to come by. Luthor always gets his hands on it, enemies always has a supply for some reason (ie: Metallo) and he even gave Bruce a piece.

Bane was pretty smart throughout the film and he was pretty damn smart in the comics, he found out Batmans true identity and broke his back. The film version just isn't the best, he is portrayed as the muscle but he isn't Schumacher dumb. He was a muscle for a reason and I don't want to spoil but it fits in the story and the ending.

Bane is just this interpretation in film just like Heaths Jokes is his interpretation in film. It's not the usual Joker either.

I admit TDK is better so I am not defending that TDKR is better but Banes weakness is pretty true to the comics (getting rid of his mask) with a different interpretation (supplies venom versus supplying morphine).

I had a feeling when jgl kept helping Batman I already knew this fools gonna be robin/nightwing

Last edited:

I I did notice that one too, plus the cryptic stories she was telling 'bout her childhood. Then there was of course all the leaks that was coming out several months ago. Crazy thing is, I was expecting her to come out, but the twist of having the flashbacks in the pit appear ambiguous actually distracted me a lot and thus ended up in me being surprised when Talia was revealed. I would have to give Nolan's storytelling props for that, as he managed to distract me long enough on it.

yeah man i swear when it all came to the light i was like OH ****!!!!! Nolan was def on point with that twist. Bane was a beast i enjoyed dude as a villian even though it was kinda difficult to fully understand what he was saying at some parts of the movie. Best batman film from Nolan hands down

Kryptonite isn't hard to come by. Luthor always gets his hands on it, enemies always has a supply for some reason (ie: Metallo) and he even gave Bruce a piece.
Bane was pretty smart throughout the film and he was pretty damn smart in the comics, he found out Batmans true identity and broke his back. The film version just isn't the best, he is portrayed as the muscle but he isn't Schumacher dumb. He was a muscle for a reason and I don't want to spoil but it fits in the story and the ending.
Bane is just this interpretation in film just like Heaths Jokes is his interpretation in film. It's not the usual Joker either.
I admit TDK is better so I am not defending that TDKR is better but Banes weakness is pretty true to the comics (getting rid of his mask) with a different interpretation (supplies venom versus supplying morphine).

I would assume that gllahone84 is not that familiar with the source material based on his statements. If that's the case, then it's pretty much understandable on why he thinks Bane is a stiff compared to the Joker. But like what I've said before, this is still a movie adaptation of a comic so suspension of disbelief is still required to a degree.

I had a feeling when jgl kept helping Batman I already knew this fools gonna be robin/nightwing
but he isnt robin or nightwing though his name is Robin but i think he will just be batman and carry on the legacy ala batman beyond

they did explain how his face got like that u just wasnt paying attention he was the one
who helped Talia when she was a kid to escape he was the one getting beat up while she climbed thats how he got like that and that doctor in the prison was the one who treated him for his injuries

Anyone else bothered that there was no mentioning of the Joker? Scarecrow was there, and obviously Heath passing away was why he wasn't in the film, but the character doesn't die after TDK and we are left to assume he goes to jail, yet no mention of him.

Back
Top Bottom