THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

I couldn't have been the only person that seen the daughter of The Demons Head coming a mile away as soon the movie started right?

Loved, loved, loved the movie!

To wait this long with anticipation, it pays off and it was worth the wait. What an excellent way for Nolan to close the best trilogy comic book series of all time.

Tom Hardy did a great job playing Bane, the voice factor didn't bother me. I also thought Anne Hathaway did a great job playing Selina Kyle too and wow was she sexy in that film :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Joseph Gordon Lovitt as blake was solid too.

Not once did I check to see what the time was during the film. I would definitely watch again.

I caught the 11:30 am showing this morning. Lucky that I had today off but half full theatre instead a packed midnight showing. I enjoyed it more, even going by myself. Everyone else had to work :lol:

okay there is one thing that bothered me and nobody else talked about it so far

What was the deal with the climb up from the pit? If you wore a rope did it literally prevent you from reaching the next stone? And that's why the child with no fear did it without even thinking

Or was it just the mental aspect of not being afraid and doing it without the rope? Because part seemed anti climactic to me.

okay there is one thing that bothered me and nobody else talked about it so far
What was the deal with the climb up from the pit? If you wore a rope did it literally prevent you from reaching the next stone? And that's why the child with no fear did it without even thinking
Or was it just the mental aspect of not being afraid and doing it without the rope? Because part seemed anti climactic to me.

The latter.

I dont see how people could get confused at the ending...it was pretty straightforward. Unless you missed the part about...
autopilot
Movie had a little too much dialogue, but the ending was too dope and overall the movie was excellent. Would watch again.

This is one that some might consider an easter egg that I haven't read mentioned, not going to put it in spoilers either because it isn't a big deal but you guys remember Daggett? I believe he only existed in the animated series but his company made the chemicals that made Clayface.

Last edited:
Excellent way to end the trilogy, sad as hell to see it go. I'm not excited about any upcoming movies compared to the excitement I had for this |I

Pros
- JGL was probably the best actor in the film to me, I really didn't expect his role to be so big but I was pleasantly surprised
- Bane vs Batman's fight in the sewer was EPIC :smokin:smokin:smokin
- Bane's voice was great but kinda hard to hear every word he said
- good plot twist even though it wasn't surprising since I know the comics
- Scarecrow as the judge was hilarious, Dagget (aka the guy who created the cream which led to Clayface) was a cool nugget Nolan threw in for the comic geeks

Cons
- felt like they coulda caught up with Alfred a little bit, he just literally disappeared and must have escaped Gotham with no problems
- coulda SHOWN Bane's dead body after Catwoman blasted him JUST to confirm his death
- felt like the whole inmate thing was pointless, they didn't cause/show as much chaos on the general public as I expected.
- the way it seemed Bruce was in prison for 25 days and healed his broken back like it was nothing, also where was this prison and how'd he get back to Gotham once he climbed out

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME
Did Lucius say there was autopilot in the Bat? and did Batman tell Catwoman there was autopilot when he went to drop the bomb in the ocean? Because if not then I do see how Alfred's part at the end could have been a dream

Excellent way to end the trilogy, sad as hell to see it go. I'm not excited about any upcoming movies compared to the excitement I had for this
tired.gif
Pros
CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME
Did Lucius say there was autopilot in the Bat? and did Batman tell Catwoman there was autopilot when he went to drop the bomb in the ocean? Because if not then I do see how Alfred's part at the end could have been a dream
Yeah man, that was said like 3 times in the end.

Fox first said there was no auto-pilot but in the end when they were inspecting the other plane the guy said Bruce Wayne authorized or placed an auto pilot in it.

Alfred seeing Bruce isn't a dream, it just can't be. Selina Kyle was with him and he never really knew the two had developed a relationship because Alfred walked out on Bruce before those two got to work together. Last he heard of her, she was just a thief that stole Bruce's prints. So that would be like imagining or dreaming of someone that was more of an enemy by Bruce.

This is one that some might consider an easter egg that I haven't read mentioned, not going to put it in spoilers either because it isn't a big deal but you guys remember Daggett? I believe he only existed in the animated series but his company made the chemicals that made Clayface.

yeah i was amped because i was just thinking about clayface. i know in nolan's world, clayface wouldn't be possible (too unrealistic) but damn he would just make an amazing character with nolan's "dark" concept.

and to the dude above who said "barely" caused mayhem in gotham... bro did you even watch the movie? he had the entire city locked down! had the entire police force trapped in the tunnels, thousands of criminals armed and roaming the streets, a time-bomb nuke patrolling the streets, and batman locked up in an "inescapable" prison with a broken back.

tell me, how is this not "mayhem?" lol NT these days man. joker was dope but all he did was have 2 ferrys full of hostages. that's devious but to say that was more "mayhem" than pretty much bringing gotham to the brink of extinction is ridiculous. not to mention bane killed the mayor and other prominent police force members.

This movie was incredible. A great ending to the trilogy.  I definitely will have to see this again before the weekend is up.

It's a shame that the shooting will cast a cloud over the opening weekend.  Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

Serious question, maybe I missed it but did the real world ever find out Batman's true identity? If not, why would Bruce fake his death?

Serious question, maybe I missed it but did the real world ever find out Batman's true identity? If not, why would Bruce fake his death?

Gordon & Blake knows. Banes goons knows too, they were watching the sewer fight when Bane exposed him.
I don't think most of Gotham knows because the funeral would have been much bigger but I think he just wanted to start a new life, he had that program that Selina wanted to help give them a fresh start.
Plus it's hinted that Batman lives on and Blake will be the next Batman. I think everyone just assumed Bruce died in the whole Gotham mayhem.

Gordon & Blake knows. Banes goons knows too, they were watching the sewer fight when Bane exposed him.
I don't think most of Gotham knows because the funeral would have been much bigger but I think he just wanted to start a new life, he had that program that Selina wanted to help give them a fresh start.
Plus it's hinted that Batman lives on and Blake will be the next Batman. I think everyone just assumed Bruce died in the whole Gotham mayhem.

Makes sense. Just would think Gotham is smarter than that... put two and two together lol He's gone for 8 years and so is the Batman, Bruce Wayne comes back to the world... so does Batman :tongue:

This movie was beyond good. I don't know what some of you were expecting. Actually, I do know. You thought some how they'd resurrect Heath Ledger to play the Joker in some form. Then again, most of you, most of the world, was clamoring about how the guy from "10 Things I Hate about You" and "A Knight's Tale" shouldn't be allowed to follow Jack Nicholson. Then he ends up tragically passing, all the while KILLING his role as the Joker, and on top of the acclaim he deservedly received, he's given this ultimate "none before, none shall come after" treatment.

I saw someone say Heath was the "face of the franchise".

Are you serious?

Christian Bale in Begins is Bruce Wayne. Christian Bale is Batman in The Dark Knight. He is BOTH in Rises. Not only is he both, he gives us the BEST rendition of both ever.

I know I sound like I'm *****ing up a storm, but it's pretty aggravating to see how unappreciative we've become, not only as Americans, but just people in general. I've really yet to see a legitimate reason from anyone why they didn't like this movie. I've seen complaints about "it's rushed" or "the ending sucked"... but no one can elaborate on it. It's as if one person see's a few people repeat the same thing and then just chimes right in. Same goes with music. That's why 808s was hated when it first dropped, yet now every other week in Music we have some thread about it being a classic and being some of Kanye's best work. Someone wasn't comfortable with it first week, said something negative, the sheep follow.

The entire movie is about Bruce Wayne finally facing the reality that he is just a man. A man in a suit. That determination, heart, will, and his SOUL are what makes him Batman. Not the money. Not the gadgets. Not his reckless abandon because he's not afraid of anything.

As far as some of the more common complaints about the movie, well. Bane's mask; what more explanation do you need? Use context clues. He got the **** kicked out of him by a prison full of dudes. The minute the pipes on it bust, he was in pain. It's a painkiller. Do we need the chemistry and the science behind it? This isn't Breaking Bad. It doesn't kill him, just makes him pretty numb. I'm pretty sure Chris Nolan even kind of touched on that in an interview.

Auto Pilot? Yes. Absoulutely, 100%. Rewatch the movie. The first time Bruce and Lucius talk, post-him using the Bat, he makes a remark along the lines of "Yeah, it worked great... even WITHOUT the auto pilot." If you've got any common sense, you can tell that he's acknowledging that it's lack of auto pilot is a problem they should fix, regardless of its current state. They wouldn't have even brought that up earlier in the movie if not to tie in the with conclusion.

That's probably way more than anyone wanted to read, but I've probably followed the Batman mythos just as much as I have Michael Jordan, which is what originally led me to NT. I can't even fathom how you can say TDK was such a great movie, and then say Rises wasn't. I saw someone say they were the same movie and I couldn't have been ANYMORE confused. Either way, the only disappointing part is that it's over.

Hopefully whomever gets the greenlight in 4-5 years for the franchise reboot (confirmed already) doesn't give us crap. Personally, I'd love to see a Batman Beyond.

Makes sense. Just would think Gotham is smarter than that... put two and two together lol He's gone for 8 years and so is the Batman, Bruce Wayne comes back to the world... so does Batman :tongue:

The thing you're forgetting is, Bruce Wayne's reappearance happened RIGHT before their entire city went to ****. He's pretty much always been 5th page news during the movies, in terms of his Bruce Wayne exploits.

Just got back. It was a great movie. But compared to the other two: The Dark Knight, begins, and rises in that order for myself

Anne did better than I expected. Loved her character. JGL was AWESOME. Do not care what people think. His character was amazing and Nolan did me in with that character.

Hardy did great as Bain but I thought the character was too witty and at least as intelligence as Bruce Wayne/Batman

Other than some story structure, the movie was enjoyable and proper to end the franchise.

Last edited:
Bale deserve props, his best performance out of the 3

without a question

Bale, Caine, and Anne will receive the most attention, But Hardy deserves alot of recognition too.

But Gary oldman is the unsung hero of the trilogy. He's one of the most underrated actors the world has seen. :smokin :nerd:

Agree dub. Oldman has been great. Caine played a big part in this too although his scenes were limited, each one played a key part.

Back
Top Bottom