THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Spoiler.
Anyways am I the only one that thinks when they said something about did you find giant alligators was meant to be a Killer croc reference?
Robin scene at te end was dope

I put it together, what I was trying to say why end it that way with Bruce Wayne/Batman? I know Nolan is ending the trilogy, but Batman never dies... in this case Batman "dies" since you get the sense he is walking away from being Batman like Alfred wanted him to. It's like tying up a loose end that doesn't need to be tied.

In the comics, Bruce Wayne/Batman doesn't stop looking over "his city"... Gotham.

Don't like that Bane was killed off, so anti-climatic.

Makes sense. Just would think Gotham is smarter than that... put two and two together lol He's gone for 8 years and so is the Batman, Bruce Wayne comes back to the world... so does Batman :tongue:

Bruce didn't really disappear for 8 years, we didn't really know when he stopped doing public appearances, probably not the exact same time. Also the maids saw him or glimpses of him in the mansion, evident by Bruce telling Alfred to stop letting the maids in. They knew he was in the mansion, they even started a rumor that he was disfigured. He was also always the sponsor of events, like the Dent act anniversary in his mansion, the police officials were talking about it but he just doesn't attend. Plus no one would really put it together because when Bruce appeared in public again he had a cane and unless they pout Vicki Vale in the film (Bats' Lois Lane) then there is no point in anyone putting each one together although Blake did for some odd reason. It wasn't really too convincing how he figured out Bruce was Bats, just because they were both orphans and he wanted to do the same thing and be a vigilante? Could have been more convincing there or if they made Blake the kid in BB.

I put it together, what I was trying to say why end it that way with Bruce Wayne/Batman? I know Nolan is ending the trilogy, but Batman never dies... in this case Batman "dies" since you get the sense he is walking away from being Batman like Alfred wanted him to. It's like tying up a loose end that doesn't need to be tied.
In the comics, Bruce Wayne/Batman doesn't stop looking over "his city"... Gotham.
Don't like that Bane was killed off, so anti-climatic.

Batman is never dead though, throughout the trilogy Bats always says Batman is a symbol, it can be anyone. He even said it to Gordon that Batman can be just the guy who puts a towel over a kids head for comfort. In the publics eye, Batmans never dies because it is hinted that Blake will take the mantle so his legend goes on. People assume Bats sacrificed himself but once Blake shows up in Gotham as Bats then they'd start believing again that he is alive.

After this trilogy will be a reboot anyways so Bruce will be back as Bats in the next film.

I should've saved my money and waited for a TS version to hit the internet, honestly. This movie was bland, and I'm not going to force myself into believing it was good, just cause it's Batman and there is a lot of hype. You most definitely can compare the two, because it's the same movie with a different villain. The Joker was more compelling and it worked, Bane just isnt that interesting. Towards the end I was litterally dozing off. And this is how you know the series itself was bland....cause NO ONE ever mentions the first Batman (which was also boring). The second was just too good, they shoulda ended it there. Or used Mister Freeze instead of a bald Brock Lesner. I will say that I was, shocked and thoroughly pleased by Anne's performance. I never really saw her as "sexy" but I definitely believed it in this movie. The prison storyline was also boring. Bane BARELY caused a mayhem. With The Joker, you litterally felt that the entire city was going crazy.
[COLOR=#red]-The Juice[/COLOR]

Bane will go down as one if the worst villains to ever grace the movie screen...no way am I giving this guy a pass.

Shame on y'all just cause he left Batman broken physically/spiritually.

Despite the movie being on a much larger scale...Nolan got caught up in doing an Inception type of film mixed in with Michael Bay...not a good combination imo.

To end the series with another nuclear bomb threat...it's like we've seen that one too many times before.

Bane will go down as one if the worst villains to ever grace the movie screen...no way am I giving this guy a pass.
Despite the movie being on a much larger scale...Nolan got caught up in doing an Inception type of film mixed in with Michael Bay...not a good combination imo.
To end the series with another nuclear bomb threat...it's like we've seen that one too many times before.

Eh, you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree and really I could write a whole essay on why that is but there is no changing your mind so I'll just say "ok" and ask you to kindly just move on. I think you've sent your message and dislike for Bane on more than one occasion, no need to keep pushing it to get more responses if you aren't open to changing your mind.

Yeah but how attainable is kryptonite? It's so elusive...but this dude Band was a brute with no smarts whatsoever. Dumb guy compared to The Joker...and having another bomb to blue up the city was done in the last film.
You can't go up from The Dark Knight in tems of Batman films and that's being honest.
Maybe down the road...but I had to put it back on. Because I was honestly let down by the tdkr.

In The Dark Knight Returns during the big fight at the end Batman takes Superman out using synthetic kryptonite, having blown most of his fortune and spending years perfecting it. Also I find the comics version of Bane's history to be really more in depth, he's supposed to be a genius that learns all sorts of book smarts and physically an almost super human during his life in the prison. The film version makes me think of a blend of the Bane from the comics and the character Qain in Son of the Demon.

Just got back from the movie

I knew Blake was Robin after he went to Bruce's house and asked Batman to come back and how he had no parents (dead give away)

I woulda loved to see Robin in his uniform tho :rolleyes

Kinda liked how they didnt make Catwoman seem like a villain and she actually helped out

I wish Nolan will sign on for 2 more movies or atleast 1 more

I would like to see some more batman villians in action

On another note u think Nolan can save the Superman series? The trailer actually had me hyped and im not a superman fan at all

Bane is pretty much just a terrorist with a interesting past. I felt that he fit in perfectky with Nolan's Gotham

Eh, you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree and really I could write a whole essay on why that is but there is no changing your mind so I'll just say "ok" and ask you to kindly just move on. I think you've sent your message and dislike for Bane on more than one occasion, no need to keep pushing it to get more responses if you aren't open to changing your mind.
Bane (and Tom Hardy) was fantastic. Bane is definitely not one of the worst villains ever. Guy is on a mission to get his opinion heard, :lol:

And a Michael Bay comparison to Christopher Nolan.... hah.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't anyone recognize Bruce at the cafe? I mean he is a billionaire socialite...

We only saw a quick glimpse of them and Nolan just wanted to point out he was alive, the rest is up to the viewer to put together themselves. I'm sure that is something he'd have to deal with but it really isn't something we needed to see in the end.

Why wouldn't anyone recognize Bruce at the cafe? I mean he is a billionaire socialite...

That has been annoying me too. I wanna know what's up with that chip he claimed was a new start. I mean what can that chip possibly do.

That has been annoying me too. I wanna know what's up with that chip he claimed was a new start. I mean what can that chip possibly do.

The chip is suppose to erase all your records/data (arrests histories, warrants, credit history, etc...) and my guess is you can create a whole new life and identity with it too.
Which will likely be what Bruce will be using as well so he can dodge the "is he Bruce Wayne" description.

I always liked Robin...cause he was the young guy out there fighting with he older Batman. Interested to see what happens in the future with him. Joseph Gordon-Levitt really stole the movie in my eyes great performance.
I mean TDK was the perfect movie to me...one of my favorites.
But I think my expectations were raised so high it would have been impossible to meet.
This is how I feel about The Godfather III.
Not a terrible movie but it doesn't really measure up to TDK.
At least it didn't go out like the Spider Man triology...

Pretty much understood fam. I guess you just happened to expect too much. In that case, one things for sure though... Nolan and his batman universe got to you. And since you ain't really that much of a fan of the source material... having that kind of expectation might be prolly be all that matters.

o527vp.png

this helps to hold me over from now on i guess... they did this animation pretty well i thought. Such a great character

Word. Exactly why I think he was just imagining it. It's the life Alfred wanted for Bruce and I seriously doubt that he would end up in the same damn spot and cafe that Alfred described to him.

to be quite honest I feel like Nolan gets a pass from everyone

I thought the story was a little ridiculous and it was pretty obvious what was really going down with the characters but maybe i'll change my mind as time passes but I just didn't come away from it thinking "wow that was awesome" like I did with Batman Begins and the Dark Knight

I personally thought Bane was a stale character

I've managed to keep away from this thread since it first started, but couldn't help myself just now. I think I've been spoiler free, but IDK anymore. Going to see it Monday with my boy. I hope it's as good as people said it is.

Just shut the hell up already

Back
Top Bottom