THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

I can't wait til the hype dies down and people actually start looking at this movie. Cause I'm completely baffled as to what you guys saw. I feel like this movie is a case of people, who really really wont allow/stand to think this movie was bland.

[COLOR=#red]-The Juice[/COLOR]

I can't wait til the hype dies down and people actually start looking at this movie. Cause I'm completely baffled as to what you guys saw. I feel like this movie is a case of people, who really really wont allow/stand to think this movie was bland.

You sound like you walked into the theater hating this movie already and having the mindset that there would be no way this movie could top The Dark Knight.

Movie was great :smokin I really enjoyed it ..I cant see some of you guys are saying it was bland seems like ya had your mind made up before watching

You sound like you walked into the theater hating this movie already and having the mindset that there would be no way this movie could top The Dark Knight.

Why would I bother buying, 2 tickets at 11am on premier day, pay 20 bucks for parking, 10 bucks on popcorn, 3 bucks for a drink....if I had the mindset of hating it? How does that fiscally make sense? I'll admit I did think it would be hard to top TDK, and I was correct. The problem here is, it didn't even come close to topping TDK. But hey, to each is own. I knew that there would be a million to 1 shot that NT would not think this movie was "orgasmic". No troll, the new Spider-man > TDKR

So Ive seen the film twice already, loved it and thought it was an incredible ending and superceeded my expectations.  I just had one kind of question about the movie, they have John Daggett in the movie as a corupt business man but one thing I noticed while he was at Wayne Enterprises is that he did the tounge thing similar to the joker in DK and also had kind of a weird jaw similar to the jokers cuts, do you guys think that maybe this could be Nolans way of wrapping up the jokers character or am I just reading too much into it?

Waiting outside the theater for the 8am imax show....I'm so ready :smokin

Last edited:
TDK will forever be the best out of the 3 and one of the Top 3 superhero movies of all time

Bane voice in this movie :smokin

Pittsburgh is such a nice city if you havent been I suggest you go

You just answered your own question.

:lol: probably the same dude bombing critics on Rottentomatoes who gave it a negative review causing comments to be disabled

you are one of those people who loved it before you even saw it so that blurs any real criticism

but anyway after letting it sink it I am starting to think it was pretty sick overall

Amazing, classic cinema, I have to watch it again. And I should've known what would happen in here. Bane a bad villian? you've got to be kidding me, that's one of the most electrifying villians i've ever seen. Just the power, presence, the way he spoke, the intellect*. The story was great, and a great way to wrap up the trilogy. Not for those who need shiny things to keep their attention.

OJ. Stop man. Can you and others just sit back. We've been waiting for this movie and got it. Chill man.

Bane's brute force was GREAT.

My girlfriend thought I was hyping it too much. She saw it with me and she was into the whole time. Some guy next to me kept scratching his crotch. He tried to be slick but yeah.

Last edited:
Question about Bane and...

. I don't totally understand Bane and Talia's motivations

Did they just get the city to go nuts to make Bruce suffer before they ultimately blow the nuke? It was just a personal vendetta?

Or did they really believe that the rich got too rich and felt that the poor should break into their homes and beat them, take their stuff, because it was just?

Or that it was just wrong that the city got all the convictions off the Dent law which was born out of a cover up?

Or was this a message to other cities in the world? I mean I guess the end game was always to destroy Gotham since the first movie. because it was evil and corrupt and the league felt that it's time was up.

But then what was bane trying to show with his mini revolution? I just don't get hat they were truly trying to prove with the madness

Last edited:

Did they just get the city to go nuts to make Bruce suffer before they ultimately blow the nuke? It was just a personal vendetta?

Or did they really believe that the rich got too rich and felt that the poor should break into their homes and beat them, take their stuff, because it was just?

Or that it was just wrong that the city got all the convictions off the Dent law which was born out of a cover up?

Or was this a message to other cities in the world? I mean I guess the end game was always to destroy Gotham since the first movie. because it was evil and corrupt and the league felt that it's time was up.

But then what was bane trying to show with his mini revolution? I just don't get hat they were truly trying to prove with the madness

To me, it was clear they wanted Bruce to watch his city in complete chaos, damaging the order helped restore. He spent most of his adult life trying to make his city better, it became his duty, his passion, the only thing he had left. You take that order away, you take his soul like they said they wanted.

Saw this twice and I'm still in awe by it. Yes this movie isn't "as good" per se as TDK but it's not supposed to be. Nolan isn't in competition with himself. TDK set the bar super high for any comic book movie. In fact if you really think about it, TDK can barely be considered a comic book movie but more of a crime thriller w/some comic book elements. Rises was the perfect way to bookend this masterpiece of a trilogy. It was definitely the most "comic book" movie of them all due in part to the Bat sequences. The pain, emotion and anguish of the movie are readily felt. Everything that I ever wanted to see concerning Bane and Batman in movie form I was appeased. The Inception type ending was a great touch. Only things that bothered me were the altering of Bane's voice in the opening sequence (probably a personal eff you from Nolan to critics who saw the prologue) and the Bane outcome. Anne Hathaway was amazing as Catwoman. JGL was a good add to the cast.

I'm glad I did the IMAX trilogy marathon because it was awesome to experience TDK in a better IMAX theater than when I saw it the first time in IMAX.

Rises satisfies and does the trilogy justice.

Good movie but I think the plot was a little weak.
Don't see much point in Bane acting liking he is starting a revolution if everyone was going to get blown up anyway. And the cops were stuck in the sewers for months and then were able to fight the thugs?

He explains this to Bruce when he's in the prison. The analogy was the opening of the pit where you can see the light is a false hope of escape to the inmates. He was giving Gotham a false hope in that revolution but it was just so Bruce could watch it in agony and helpless as Gotham destroys itself or so Bane thought. He didn't expect him to come back. Bane broke the Batman and sent him to hell, a hell he never escaped but was rescued from. So he didn't imagine that Bruce would recover much less make it out of the prison.

I'm gonna take pops to see this tomo in IMAX. Gonna try and memorize all of Bane's lines from the sewer beatdown as they were some of the best. Anyone remember what he says immediately before he calls Batman "Mr. Wayne."?

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that he gave Gotham hope that if they have this semi revolution than the ordinary citizen wouldnt press the button and they woukd be saved?

I dunno bout that. Don't remember him explicitly saying anything like that at the football stadium. Not sure how the revolution gives any citizen hope bane won't set off the bomb. Unless he said something I missed

some people just want to see the world burn....

Why would I bother buying, 2 tickets at 11am on premier day, pay 20 bucks for parking, 10 bucks on popcorn, 3 bucks for a drink....if I had the mindset of hating it? How does that fiscally make sense? I'll admit I did think it would be hard to top TDK, and I was correct. The problem here is, it didn't even come close to topping TDK. But hey, to each is own. I knew that there would be a million to 1 shot that NT would not think this movie was "orgasmic". No troll, the new Spider-man > TDKR

Just cause you say "no troll" doesnt means its "no stupid". But to each his own. You clearly seem like someone whose expectation were out of this universe. Thats the great thing about TDK, it was SO mindblowing because expectations werent anywhere near the ones for TDKR.

So what you are saying is that he gave Gotham hope that if they have this semi revolution than the ordinary citizen wouldnt press the button and they woukd be saved?
I dunno bout that. Don't remember him explicitly saying anything like that at the football stadium. Not sure how the revolution gives any citizen hope bane won't set off the bomb. Unless he said something I missed

Gotham was always going to burn, that's why he removed the core. The core was gonna meltdown in 5 months. Bane's occupation of the city for this time w/no incident was just making it seem to people he wanted the city for himself. So long as no one left or anyone tried to help there would be no explosion per se. False hope. The revolution was just to give credit to his takeover by blaming all the corrupt cops/politicians and why he exposed Harvey Dent and giving him an army.

I liked the movie but I didn't see it how most of you saw it I guess. I'll probably go see it again for $5 next week. Fight scenes with Batman and Bane were insane. I thought Bane was a great villain. I also really loved the ending of the movie.

Here's my big complaints ....

Anne Hathaway was driving me crazy. I didn't buy into her character at all. Maybe she's been in too many fairytale movies but she looked so unnatural to me.
I thought the movie was EXTREMELY long and boring. Almost three hours and for almost half of it, I was bored out of my mind.
Also, thought the dialogue in this movie was beyond ridiculous. Some of the things said in this film were almost Transformers 2 bad.

Last edited:
Couple of questions needing clarification:

1. Can someone further explain a bit on the Bruce's finger prints and why Selina stole them?
2. Tagging along with question 1, what was Dagget's role? What exactly was he doing? What's his story?
3. Did Dagget hire Bane to carry out his desires? What were his desires?
4. What is the relationship between Selina and Dagget? Selina needed the chip from Dagget so she helped him?
5. Dagget wasn't able to make the chip, but Batman was?
6. How did Batman know Selina wanted that chip?

7. How did Batman create that fire-batman symbol on the tower without anyone (guards on the tower, bane's henchmen etc) noticing?
8. When he came back to Gotham after escaping the pit, he met up with Selina and asked for her help. He was brought into the place where Fox, Tate were being held by Bane's henchmen who then just tossed him with the rest of the people. Wouldn't the henchmen alert Bane that Bruce Wayne aka Batman is back??
9. Tagging along with 8, wasn't Bane after Selina Kyle as well??? So why didn't the henchmen apprehend her as soon as she got into that area/location dressed at Catwoman?

Couple of questions needing clarification:
1. Can someone further explain a bit on the Bruce's finger prints and why Selina stole them?
2. Tagging along with question 1, what was Dagget's role? What exactly was he doing? What's his story?
4. What is the relationship between Selina and Dagget? Selina needed the chip from Dagget so she helped him?
6. How did Batman know Selina wanted that chip?
7. How did Batman create that fire-batman symbol on the tower without anyone (guards on the tower, bane's henchmen etc) noticing?
8. When he came back to Gotham after escaping the pit, he met up with Selina and asked for her help. He was brought into the place where Fox, Tate were being held by Bane's henchmen who then just tossed him with the rest of the people. Wouldn't the henchmen alert Bane that Bruce Wayne aka Batman is back??
9. Tagging along with 8, wasn't Bane after Selina Kyle as well??? So why didn't the henchmen apprehend her as soon as she got into that area/location dressed at Catwoman?

- they needed Bruce's fingerprints to make stock trades which made him lose his fortune.

-He wanted the reactor for his company

-His plane was to takeover Wayne's company and get the reactor.

-Yes

-Yes

- he's batman

I don't believe an explanation was ever given to the purpose of Bane's mask in the film, that's really my only critique.

Back
Top Bottom