The days of illegal downloading coming to an end

Originally Posted by Will0827

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

Originally Posted by cap1229

pm's gentlemen.
nerd.gif
I wouldn't put out any bannable info in here
nerd.gif
my pm box is open to questions though, just won't get to them until after work.

I can tell you that anonymox is awesome though and I've recommended it to a few NTers recently and they were pleased with the results.

what you do with it is your own business
nerd.gif

milestailsprowe wrote:
indexlogo.gif
my _
smokin.gif

the internet is evolving guys. and for that reason many of us are regressing. there are new innovations coming about but the idea of sending micro sds and usb sticks via mail isn't too farfetched now. it's been implemented in some circles already.
I remember reading a article on gizmodo about some super underground sites that share files, pretty much can get what ever your want and high quality also. Their were really strict rules on what the quality for the files had to be and how to go about uploading them. This will only affect the "general population" files will still be shared by select few. The rapid pace in which technology is evolving in just about every single regard is crazy and it's the best time i believe to get involved in learning some kind of programming. 

^ what you described are 0day scene sites which are a dime a dozen if you got the right seed ratio on the right bittorrent trackers

laugh.gif
pretty sure they dont care about random people in there basements using private ftp sites.

They just dont want millions of people sharing files on public sites

They know about yall they just dont care...yet

When they start makin !@+% worth payin for thats when I'll pay until *$!@ em my pirate crew is ready.

I dont think people did as much research behind Stop SOPA than they did with Kony 2012. The same people that were sharing Stop SOPA on FB were the first to doubt Kony 2012. It seems hipsterish to be for it but even more to be against it.

anyways CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

This is nothing new. Last year someone downloaded some song illegally using my wireless signal because I did not put a password on it, and I received some letter in the mail about it from my internet company who began investigating the matter.

Originally Posted by cap1229

whachu wan know, junya?

pm's gentlemen.
nerd.gif
I wouldn't put out any bannable info in here
nerd.gif
my pm box is open to questions though, just won't get to them until after work.

I can tell you that anonymox is awesome though and I've recommended it to a few NTers recently and they were pleased with the results.

what you do with it is your own business
nerd.gif

milestailsprowe wrote:
indexlogo.gif
my _
smokin.gif

the internet is evolving guys. and for that reason many of us are regressing. there are new innovations coming about but the idea of sending micro sds and usb sticks via mail isn't too farfetched now. it's been implemented in some circles already.

i been back on mirc since the sopa stuff, I regret ever leaving.... 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Dunk These

this is BULL. i refuse to start paying!! the only time i do make a purchase is when an artist i support drops a CD at bestbuy.

downloaders > fruit cakes that cop tracks from iTunes for $0.99.

laugh.gif
 I dont understand this midset

What if people refused to start paying for burgers? how quickly would you be out of a job?

.....i dont either.

...you know what really confuses me about this digital downloading age?

...i see people say things on here all the time about how NO ONE BUYS MUSIC ANYMORE etc., but we live in a time were that average person is dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to using computers. a time when creating a new folder in Windows is considered 'computer savvy'. im talking OLD AND YOUNG.

...for the most part people are lazy. thats the reason iTunes and other legit downloading sites are so successful. people would rather buy an iTunes card and buy the music than learn how to get it illegally.

...i just dont think its as simple as "no one pays for music anymore". not with people today.

So does everybody really not pay for anything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
??? Of course I'll never do that .99 itunes *@, but it's nothing
to go to Best Buy and pick up a 10-15 dollar album, especially if it's something you actually want that's worth buying.
If datpiff gets killed off though....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Dunk These

this is BULL. i refuse to start paying!! the only time i do make a purchase is when an artist i support drops a CD at bestbuy.

downloaders > fruit cakes that cop tracks from iTunes for $0.99.

laugh.gif

What if people refused to start paying for burgers? how quickly would you be out of a job?

.....i dont either.

...i see people say things on here all the time about how NO ONE BUYS MUSIC ANYMORE etc., but we live in a time were that average person is dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to using computers. a time when creating a new folder in Windows is considered 'computer savvy'. im talking OLD AND YOUNG.

...for the most part people are lazy. thats the reason iTunes and other legit downloading sites are so successful. people would rather buy an iTunes card and buy the music than learn how to get it illegally.

...i just dont think its as simple as "no one pays for music anymore". not with people today.

Im interested in see if their are numbers for people that straight download, then those that actually pay for content. I feel as if there are more people that pay then those that download.

This may affect casual downloaders at best

Those with a greater than average understanding of the internets will be unaffected

mIRC back?
nerd.gif

If they are serious mIRC is not going to be invisible to their tracking...

Originally Posted by Peep Game

So does everybody really not pay for anything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
??? Of course I'll never do that .99 itunes *@&#, but it's nothing
to go to Best Buy and pick up a 10-15 dollar album, especially if it's something you actually want that's worth buying.
If datpiff gets killed off though....
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
datpiff wont get killed.  all i get is the official mixtapes anyways that the rappers agree to put out.  for everything else...

Demonoid.png

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

I can get burgers for free at my house?

I can go to the burger joint and get them to give me a burger before I pay?

A single burger can be turned into an infinite amount of other identical burgers?

Sure if you own a cattle farm?

I'm not Kanye, so I cant farm Kanye music at my house. Plus, said farmer pays for all of the costs that go into raising/feeding/butchering the cow to make the burger.

laugh.gif

.....i dont either.

Im interested in see if their are numbers for people that straight download, then those that actually pay for content. I feel as if there are more people that pay then those that download.

I've been in meetings where this has come up

The goal isnt to stop pirating. I said this earlier people have always and will always steal thats just society. people used to buy expensive equimpment to pirate 8tracks
laugh.gif

They just want to make it more convient for people to actually put up .99c or 10 bucks for an album instead of clicking download on something that costs millions of dollars to produce and market

What these corps are looking at is the fact that millions of people have there hands on albums and movies but the sales show up in the 5 to six figure range. 

laugh.gif

.....i dont either.

.....there ARE more people that pay than download, NT has it bass ackwards as usual. all you need for proof is to look at how handicapped most people are when it comes to computers. so how in the blue hell is that same individual downloading illegally like crazy, they arent.

We have gotten so spoiled from Torrents.

Man but it sucks because half the music i have is old out of print stuff that is damn near impossible to find.

Also the world would be in shambles without the XXX industry. . i aint payin no 60 bucks for a new flick
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Record labels are loving this. At the same time....people will always find a way to get access to things. We'll see what happens.
Word

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

roll.gif
 at them thinking this will force them to buy music, shows how much they really care for the people those greedy bastards
   A recent NARM-sponsored webinar by Nielsen examined the sales spike and showed a number of causes at work.
National Association of Recording Merchandisers funded a study that concluded music sales were up after megaupload got shut down?

It hasn't even been two months yet...? There's so many things wrong with that story,
laugh.gif

darknets gonna net. I wonder if it's tier 1 ISPs that will be doing the grunt work, or if they'll hand it off to the lower tiers. at any rate...

challenge accepted.

Back
Top Bottom