THE DEFINITIVE Lebron 6 Review

Intro

Ok Ok Ok, the consumers have spoken and all mostly what has been said about the previous shoes in the Zoom Lebron line is"Nice performance shoe, nice styling, BUT they are too heavy". With the exception of the first two shoes in his line, most of the King'ssignature shoes have been on the meaty side of things. You've heard time and time again the justification for them being that way, but you sayto yourself "I'm not a 260 lb Point Forward that with incredible speed and cat-like quickness. I'm just an average to above average athlete thatappreciates a well performing shoe". Well Mr. Weekend Warrior, the Nike Zoom Lebron VI has you covered. And for once you can actually throw these onewith a nice pair of jeans and not look like you just came from playing pick-up basketball earlier.

Specs

I guess this is the part where I delve deep into the various innovative Nike perfomance technologies that we have come toknow and love (some not so much), but actually the contrary is true. For the record I'll throw out a couple of recognizable features; double stacked ZoomAir in the heel, and a dynamic fit inner bootie. Pretty much it, as far as active technology is concerned. Pretty boring huh? Maybe for the technophile sneakerfan, but remember the aim is to create functional, and comfortable performance footwear. Though in an unspectacular way, mission accomplished.

Design

Nike went back to the basics with the design of this shoe. Instead of being atotally new and novel concept, they seemed to have gone back to the classic silhouette with familiar elements such as a prominent Swoosh and a traditionaltoebox. There are some newer elements included such as (in some models) reflective piping accents (as we call it 3M), and a double layered tongue. It is heavyon small details that befit a signature shoe for a star as bright as Mr. James, such as exposed carbon fiber on the heel, and unique symbols and messages foundin and around the shoe. The simplistic yet visually appealing nature of the shoe is what makes it a quite handsome casual shoe.

Performance

With a few exceptions, athletic shoes, specifically basketball shoes, there is acompromise of comfort and performance. It's either tight, hard, quick and responsive, or soft, comfy, floaty, and slow to respond. Technology wise it'sthe whole Zoom air with it's low to the ground court feel, but sometimes unforgiving comfort level, or Max Air with it's pillow-like ride and SUV stylehigh off the ground feeling. The Zoom Lebron VI is everything at once...if that is even possible. When you strap on a pair of ZLVI's the first thingyou'll notice is the comfort level is extremely high, they feel so soft underneath your foot. In contrast put on a pair of Zoom Lebron V's or a pair ofAir Jordan XX3's. Amazing performers in their own right, but on the tight and stiff side. Not so with the latest in the Lebron line. I could literally walkmiles in the shoe and would probably not experience much foot fatigue at all. So now that comfort has been discussed let me talk about the performance,especially since we've come to think that comfort and performance are mutually exclusive.

The perfomance is nothing short of extremely capable. Again, unlike most of the shoes in the Zoom Lebron line, these areincredibly lightweight. I'll spare the minute details of how much they actually weigh, it's all about how they feel and they are feather weights incomparison. They manage to achieve what I consider the most important aspect of performance basketball shoes...and that is TRANSPARENCY. They do their job sowell you forget you have them on. The cushioning though soft has not given way to performance. In the auto world this has been accomplished by Magneto-Rheological shock absorbers that arefound in some extreme high performance cars such at the Corvette ZR1 and the Ferrari 599 GTB, where comfort and performance are constantly adjusted dependingon how the car is being driven at the time. When walking around the ZLVI's feel like your most comfortable house shoes, while playing basketball, your mostcapable performers with little to no compromise. They will allow you to make sharp cuts with ease, accelerate and deccelerate with no issues, and also protectyour foot which is a hallmark of these line of shoes.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Conclusion[/color]

The Nike Zoom Lebron VI in my opinion are the best all-around shoe in the Zoom Lebron series, and also one of the BESTbasketball shoes that you can own right now. For once all types of players can benefit from this shoe, whether you be the jitterbug type point guard, or thebruising power forward. You can slash with confidence, sprint, stop suddenly, change direction, and jump knowing these shoes have you covered. They also excelat being a nice looking off the court pair of shoes. The Triple Black colorway can even be mistaken for a pair of Nike ACG boots by a casual observer. Thingsthat could be improved are the grip and a more secure lacing system. If you are playing on a dusty basketball court, you may have trouble with traction. Theseare great on well maintained basketball courts, but it can turn into Disney on Ice if you are playing in an unkempt gymnasium. The lacing system is not assecure as it could be. You have to make sure you monitor them from time to time to prevent them from becoming loose during activity. It isn't a majorproblem, but nontheless for a shoe of this caliber it should be better. All in all these are amazing articles of perfomance footwear that melds performance,comfort, and aesthetics into an extremely cohesive package. Try a pair, I think you'll love 'em.

Back
Top Bottom