The Devil's Double

JJ Goon

formerly prettyboy ry7
aee16163ed7990f15c7bb6dc7379ec125771fc8a_r.jpg

The Devil's Double is a 2011 drama film directed by Lee Tamahori and starring Dominic Cooper, Philip Quast, Ludivine Sagnier and Raad Rawi. It was released on January 22, 2011 at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival and was released in limited theaters on July 29, 2011 by Lionsgate and Herrick Entertainment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil's_Double

Has anyone else seen this film? Watched this one last night and movie was
smokin.gif

It is about Saddam Hussein's son getting a lookalike to live his life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil's_Double#cite_note-1http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil's_Double#cite_note-1

gotta check this out its been in my netflix queue for a while now haha thx for the heads up

I watched it, actually enjoyed it too. However, there have been multiple reports that Uday never had a body double. Either way, it's an interesting movie.

Watched this on Sunday with some friends. Movie has some intense scenes. Don't watch it blasted, you will get confused lol

saw this last month...i thought the movie was pretty good.

that Uday Hussein tho was one sick, crazy man judging from the film's portrayal of him.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

I watched it, actually enjoyed it too. However, there have been multiple reports that Uday never had a body double. Either way, it's an interesting movie.

that's what they want you to believe.

good flick, minded me of Lord of War and Last King of Scotland

It was an alright movie.
Uday did indeed have a body double, he wrote a book that inspired the movie.
On the dvd, he was on set during the filming and had a little piece done abput his real life.

I have to warn anyone who hasn't seen it, this movie is more fiction inspired by the odea of body doubles; it's far from accurate, but still entertaining.

Pretty entertaining movie. I was able to watch a small part of it at the barbershop I go to, so I managed to get it from RedBox. Dude is psychotic.
eek.gif

The part that had me laughing was when he picks up the phone all pissed off and it's one of the chicks and mentions how much he loves her %++ with his buck tooth smile.
laugh.gif

Will watch tonight after work.  My friend recommended it to me last week and never got around to watching it

I was mad hype for this when I first saw the trailer. Looked like a cross between Scarface and Medellin
laugh.gif
(for you Entourage fans).

Missed it in theaters but recently got to watch it on Netflix.

Overall I was slightly disappointed, wasn't as good as the trailer made it look, but still a cool movie with an interesting concept (based on a true story) and good acting by the main guy.

Definitely worth watching.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

It was an alright movie.
Uday did indeed have a body double, he wrote a book that inspired the movie.
On the dvd, he was on set during the filming and had a little piece done abput his real life.

I have to warn anyone who hasn't seen it, this movie is more fiction inspired by the odea of body doubles; it's far from accurate, but still entertaining.
You mixed up the names.  The movie is pretty recent and Uday died in 2003.  He did have body doubles but there has been debate if Latif was actually one of them.  He wrote a book about it but people don't believe he was actually truthful and just made it up.
The actor did a great job.  He played Tony Starks' dad in Captain America.  I didn't even realize the main girl was a French actress.

The kidnapped school girl character was so freaking sad. 
frown.gif

That's what I meant, Uday had body doubles, and he[the body double] wrote a book.
Please excuse my previous sentence structure, k thnx bai.

Back
Top Bottom