The Dream - Love You to Death (Digital EP) 12/9/16

Outside of the way slower output and him not really creating potential hits for himself that often anymore, both probably largely due to his relative lack of success as an artist; I don't feel like he's changed much.

Love You to Death EP is one of my favorite and most played projects within the last year.

You probably just have a stronger emotional connection to the earlier work, like most of us do.

Outside of the way slower output and him not really creating potential hits for himself that often anymore, both probably largely due to his relative lack of success as an artist; I don't feel like he's changed much.

Love You to Death EP is one of my favorite and most played projects within the last year.

You probably just have a stronger emotional connection to the earlier work, like most of us do.
Nah
Cause that I love u to death ain't even close to being as good as the royalty lp
But I just peeped him in ig
He's sequencing love affair :pimp:
Back to them crazy transitions :pimp:
Please god let love affair continue where love king left off quality wise

I don't like the direction he's going. Sounds like he's getting away from his sound and going towards the current sound today. I'm hyped for Love Affair though.

Six Seven Twenty Eleven I'm gon drop that love affair....

I don't like the direction he's going. Sounds like he's getting away from his sound and going towards the current sound today. I'm hyped for Love Affair though.

Six Seven Twenty Eleven I'm gon drop that love affair....
nah that ig snippet sound like old dream to me
i cant wait bruh
i cant wait
he always gets left out of the classic r&b discussions

Good lord that Love Affair snippet sounds fire.

I love where Dream been at musically the past few years.

Nothing has changed, Crown EP has some of my favorite work of his on it.

Jewel EP wasn't quite as strong but was good.

Love You to Death :pimp:

That snippet doe. :smh:

he definitely aint the same dream from the first two albums but at this point its been a decade since love hate

his sound used to be more bouncier if that makes sense...i cant pinpoint what changed

he definitely aint the same dream from the first two albums but at this point its been a decade since love hate

his sound used to be more bouncier if that makes sense...i cant pinpoint what changed
Correction the first 3 albums
Sonically his first 3 are the same and have the same fit
4 play
And 1977 have moments
Where they sound like his first 3
But they don't live up to it.
Love affair hopefully goes back to those first 3.

***** I AINT TRIPPIIIIIIIIIIIIN
SHE CAN GO WHERE SHE LIIIIIIIIIKE :pimp:

I meant nothing has changed in terms of quality. In some ways he's an improved The Dream he's just lacked focus.

I'd argue his depth and writing when at his best have actually improved since since albums 1 - 3.

People just long for nostalgia, but I'll concede that he's never quite touched the top to bottom consistency on a project the way he was hitting on those earlier albums but I almost feel like he hasn't even tried.

Bounce is a good description of what was going on sonically in those early albums, heavy, heavy 80's vibes. Honestly I don't need to hear that again - I still play all three and I have no desire to hear him go back to that sound.

Older, wiser Dream that we first got on Terius Nash/1977 I'm rocking with all the way right now. Need him to finally drop a truly classic LP to pair with this current iteration of The Dream.

I loved 1977 and IV Play

His new song, Love You to Death and some songs of the Jewel/Crown he sounded like he was chasing the current sound. I didn't like the sound.

I never really like the allegation chasing the current sound. Dude did more to birth the current sound than 95% of the game across R&B and rap.

I haven't minded him experimenting on EP's. I throughly enjoyed songs like Throw It Back and Duet.

But that's why I said it seems like he's lacked a little focus and consistency. I do need an album full of "Prime" "Wake Me When It's Over" and "All I Need" that work is on par with or superior to anything he's ever done imo. That was the older more mature Dream I was talking about.

I certainly don't need him to go back a decade in time.

like i feel like he doesn't do the mr. yeah/throw it in the bag/shawty is a ten type tracks anymore

feel like he's trying harder in a bad way if that makes sense

same thing happened to t-pain he started trying to do too much when he had a winning formula

i actually wouldn't mind them pretending it's 2007-2008 and doing a collab ep

but where can i stream crown? it shouldnt be this hard to find an album been looking for it forever

this track is a perfect example of him doing too much in the first half and then making probably his best work this decade starting @ 3:04

thedream.png

Cool dude, great music. Sold son some KD's the other day and he was on the phone making big moves from what I could hear.

His first 3 albums are classics. Love King is his best work to me. 1977 was great, after that he hasn't dropped a great full project but he still got some great songs from the EP's and IV Play.

Back
Top Bottom