The Elite Chris Paul Thread

11/19 is above 50% of the time, though.

4/10... isn't.
ohwell.gif
kobe-shrug.jpg

math b

take any other top pg and you can list at least one thing that they have accomplished

stockton - all time leader in assists, made the finals twice

kidd - nba champion, lead bum team to finals twice

nash - 2 mvps

what has cp0 accomplished other than PER and winshares? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some quick napkin math for the people who don't like John Stockton and/or think he's overrated.

For Chris Paul to pass John Stockton as the all-time assists leader, he'll need to average 10.9 assists per game for the next 10 years while playing 82 games every season.

For Chris Paul to pass John Stockton as the all-time steals leader, he'll need to average 2.3 steals per game for the next 9 years while playing 82 games every season.

:x

Stockton was a beast. People really fronting on him?
He was mos def a beast but when u think about other PGs and who would u pick between the 2 he comes in at best 6th all time IMO really 7th if u put Nash above him 

I did some quick napkin math for the people who don't like John Stockton and/or think he's overrated.

For Chris Paul to pass John Stockton as the all-time assists leader, he'll need to average 10.9 assists per game for the next 10 years while playing 82 games every season.

For Chris Paul to pass John Stockton as the all-time steals leader, he'll need to average 2.3 steals per game for the next 9 years while playing 82 games every season.

:x

What is crazy about the stat you posted is you actually kind of defended Cp3. Nobody will catch Stockton simply because he was iron man and good for so damn long.

Realistically, Cp3 has about 7 more years where he could average 8-10 apg, and close to 2spg.

Let's say he plays 65-75 games a season...He will likely end up in the top 2 or 3 All time in Assist and steals. He also has a real shot at 20k points.

If you don't see how he can be considered a top 5pg all time after its all said and done with those type of stats and accolades...idk what to tell you.

sick.gif
just not going to happen. cp will be lucky to still  be in the league 7 years from now ...

So if he ends up 2nd or 3rd on a bunch of lists and doesn't have the individual accolades (zero MVPs, zero rings)... how the hell is he going to end up top 5?

If John Stockton is outside of the top 5 somehow CP3 will crack it?

Last edited:
So if he ends up 2nd or 3rd on a bunch of lists and doesn't have the individual accolades (zero MVPs, zero rings)... how the hell is he going to end up top 5?

If John Stockton is outside of the top 5 somehow CP3 will crack it?

John Stockton is the 3rd best PG of all time. Behind Magic & Isiaah.

Not too many have him outside top 5. Let alone top 3. So based off of that, yes...cp3 belongs in that convo when it's all said and done.

John Stockton is the 3rd best PG of all time. Behind Magic & Isiaah.

Not too many have him outside top 5. Let alone top 3. So based off of that, yes...cp3 belongs in that convo when it's all said and done.
U Think Stockton is/was better than BIG O, Jason Kidd, and Gary Payton? Hell was he better than Nash?

U Think Stockton is/was better than BIG O, Jason Kidd, and Gary Payton? Hell was he better than Nash?

I don't count Big O as a PG. Hes an SG or combo guard to me. Yes, Stockton was better than Nash and GP and J Kidd.

After Stockton, it's a toss up with the other great PG's. Cp3 is already in that mix...with a great chance to move up.

Last edited:
Paul's never won anything though.

People talk crap about Melo and his empty stats and never winning anything, and here's Paul, who's in the same situation, and he's labeled a top 5 player of all time at his position? Lol wut. Have consistency at least.

And people wonder why Chris Paul has his own thread on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The outlandish crap people say.

Paul's never won anything though.

People talk about Melo and his empty stats and never winning anything, and here's Paul, who's in the same situation, and he's labeled a top 5 player of all time at his position? Lol wut. Have consistency at least.

I'm a Melo fan. Or WAS a Melo fan before he became Hollywood and went to NY. The hate he gets is unwarranted. I've said multiple times that if we hate Melo, we should hate Dominque Wilkins and a host of other players too. If you're using the amount of hate other players get because of they're perceived lack of success to judge cp3 as a player, then you got it all wrong.

When you look strictly at individual accolades already, Cp3's looks like this:

8x All Star
7X All NBA
7x All Defensive
6X Steals Leader
4X Assist Leader
All Star Game MVP
Rookie of the year.

Career averages of 18 10 & 2.5. Will likely finish in the top 2 or 3 in Assist and steals.

That already is a Hall of Fame Resume.

What if he becomes a good role player and wins a Chip like J Kidd or Gary Payton late in his career? Is he all of the sudden great? The term "emtpty stats" should be reserved for players that don't consistently have they're teams competeing and in the playoffs. That is not the Case for cp3 or Melo.

Lastly, Cp3 is a better, well rounded player with more playoff success than Melo outside of '09.

Enjoyed cp3 during his time in new orleans. That being said i consider him a great player but not an alltime great. Plus the flops and state farm commercials are embarassing as hell. Also, clippers are cursed.

Back
Top Bottom