****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Initially I loved the idea but two things:

1) Lavar isn't the guy to execute this properly
2) Why wouldn't the same players either go overseas with a guaranteed 6 figure deal or try their hand at the G-League, a much better avenue to the league? Also both are much better development options than playing in a gloried AAU tournament against your peers.

Who is going to pass up a full scholarship (free meals, travel, housing, gear, college yambs, etc) to play for $36K BEFORE taxes in a major city? And if I'm hell bent on getting paid to play, I'm most certainly going overseas as a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option.

Lavar has the mentality of a hustler, which I love. The problem is that a lot of what he's doing is reactionary and not fleshed out well at all. I genuinely would love to see him trailblaze this idea but turn the keys over to someone else, pls.

Some folks are laughing but dude was trying hard to get on the and 1 mixtape tour

Also the level of hate thrown towards the professor was un needed

Initially I loved the idea but two things:

1) Lavar isn't the guy to execute this properly
2) Why wouldn't the same players either go overseas with a guaranteed 6 figure deal or try their hand at the G-League, a much better avenue to the league? Also both are much better development options than playing in a gloried AAU tournament against your peers.

Who is going to pass up a full scholarship (free meals, travel, housing, gear, college yambs, etc) to play for $36K BEFORE taxes in a major city? And if I'm hell bent on getting paid to play, I'm most certainly going overseas as a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option.

Lavar has the mentality of a hustler, which I love. The problem is that a lot of what he's doing is reactionary and not fleshed out well at all. I genuinely would love to see him trailblaze this idea but turn the keys over to someone else, pls.

Dude just gets an idea and runs with it LOL.

If he actually got reasonable help...like folks who can actually play devil's advocate and give him the pros/cons for each of his ideas, he'd be much better off.

He's doing too much right now.

When the G-League comes out they can at the very least pick up who didn't make it and have some decent players. Possible option is Lavar could see if he could make his league a part of the G-League and have some sort of championship to contend with them

Back
Top Bottom