****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Melo’s game is starting to look so damn smooth and polished. He’s starting to get that sense that Bron had at that age where he sees the game a few steps ahead of everybody else. Really hope he succeeds and makes the L. I wanna watch him make other elite players look foolish.

Melo’s game is starting to look so damn smooth and polished. He’s starting to get that sense that Bron had at that age where he sees the game a few steps ahead of everybody else. Really hope he succeeds and makes the L. I wanna watch him make other elite players look foolish.

You couldn't use any of of the dozens of prospects we have seen over the years other than LeBron? :lol:

He needs to work on his shot. It looks nasty.

Brad Ballislife (@BradBallisLife) Tweeted:
The confidence you need to have to pull from this range is elite...why hate‍♂️
https://t.co/VktSvRolXp

#BBB

He already drawing 2 defenders in the drew league as a 17 year old....:lol:

Crazy. His talent level and feel for the game very impressive. Seems to be drilling down and becoming more serious as he matures. Which is a great sign. Still wanna see him play real defense tho. Something tells me he’s capable due to his instincts. Saw some real impressive pick dodging from him in one video. And his instincts for the ball are impressive too.

2020 1st round pick for sure. Could go as high as top 5 imo, if Australia and workouts shape up right.

Probably saw Melo like 7x this summer hooping. Lavar not quarterbacking his career and allowing the Spire head coach to coach him and be his manager has done wonders. Wavy alluded to it, but he appears to be taking basketball a lot more seriously. At 17 w/a body that obviously isn't close to being filled all the way in, he was playing against legit pros all summer. From NBA, to NBL, to ACB, he looked hella impressive against real competition.

His stint in the NBL + pre-draft workouts are going to be telling. For the most part, he's been in Lavar-controlled environments, so the outcomes were weighed heavily in his favor. I don't take much from the clips at Spire or Drew League.

Unlike Lebron, since he was mentioned LOL, LaMelo is going to be one of the most POLARIZING prospects that we've seen in a while.

Just want to see him play against better comp...that's all. Would have been fun to watch Spire play against some power house programs, but it is what it is.

I can understand Spire so I guess my comment was moreso in reference to the Drew League part. As P C H P C H mentioned, he was going up against legitimate pros and top talent from all levels at age 17.

I can understand Spire so I guess my comment was moreso in reference to the Drew League part. As P C H P C H mentioned, he was going up against legitimate pros and top talent from all levels at age 17.

Oh no doubt, but he’s seeing lazy defenses and guys not giving 100% in the DL. This is why I’m really interested in his New Zealand move and with the pre-draft process as well.

Oh no doubt, but he’s seeing lazy defenses and guys not giving 100% in the DL. This is why I’m really interested in his New Zealand move and with the pre-draft process as well.

This is a fair assessment. Thank you for clarifying.

Now that him and his ex-girl broke up and she's getting that big check every month, now he wanna be militant :lol::lol:

Look forward to watching the games this Oct. Melo def will have to go against guys playing tough D on him and interested to see how his shot % starts out.

Two things I'm looking to see with Melo:

Does he have the passing gene? I mean yeah I saw him dropping dimes in the Drew but I wanna see it in more competitive games with hard defense being played. And will the degree of difficulty and accuracy be on Zo's level.

But what I really want to see is if he can play serious defense. I've never seen him attempt to lock somebody up.

This will be interesting. I'm definitely tuning in!

Last edited:
Kevin porter jr, Marvin bagley, Lamelo, amongst others have all spent their post HS summer at the Drew :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom