****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

:lol: "Researching" I was right, you don't know anything.

I judge a man by looking a the bigger picture, by his actions. Not what the media portrays him to be.

I see a man supporting his family and 3 sons, trying to put them in position for success. To push them and raise the bar for them over and over.

Your Father never done any of that for you? Sucks for you.

Holy **** lmao. What does any of that have to do with the idiotic **** he says? They can both be true at the same time. He is a great provider and a tool. Keep on preaching though.

You don't see the connection? :lol: Man see your way out this thread already.

Last edited:
A lot of people don't realize that Lavar attended the Richard Williams school of sports parenting and graduated 'summa talk loudly' :lol: . Lavar bought into the process and it's working. 8)

nerd.gif

fair enough...

[before you read the rest, let me just say that i'm looking forward to watching Lonzo in the tournament.]

but -- and I ask this honestly -- can you tell me what the hype or enthusiasm is about? is it because they are unconventional? is it because scouts think they have the potential to be greats? is it because there's 3 of them? is it because they have an outspoken father?

distilling it down to their actual basketball skills, what i am missing? in what aspect of the game are they outpacing their peers? or is it that they offer a complete package?

i really do like some aspects of Lonzo's game and think he will make an impact in the NBA. but i just feel like the talk and hype over the Ball brothers has outstripped their actual potential.
In terms of Lonzo.....he's been an elite prospect in his class since he was 14.

Long before anybody knew who his pops was, or how "uncoventiinal" Lavars philosophy is. If you removed Lonzo pops and all the extra stuff.....he'd still be considered an elite prospect. Lonzo is a 6'6 PG that is a good athlete, is level headed and has an amazing feel for the game. He's dominated on every level. The ONLY questions are will his jumpshot translate....and if he can play in the p&r. Other than that....he has a high ceiling. Being a top 5 pick does not mean you have to be Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. Those dudes you compared him too are top 5-10 point guards of all time. He can be a good and productive player and justify his position. For instance, Mike Conley was a top 4, one and done pick.....and has never made the all star team....but he's not considered a bust or disappointment because he isn't a hall of famer. It's all relative.

Now on to his brothers. They play for one of the best teams in the country. The Middle one (Liangelo) is NOT an elite prospect. He believes in himself....his pops believes in him. Likely, he'lll end up a 4 year college player and part of Lonzo's entourage/management etc. That's a WIN If you're Lavar btw. To be a black dude from South Central...raise kids in a positive and nurturing environment, and have ALL 3 of your boys go to UCLA is beyond successful. Lavar beat the odds....and put his sons in the best position possible to succeed. I salute that brother 100000. He's raised what seems to be a close knit group of brothers that seem to be just having fun.

Now with Lamelo. He isn't as athletically gifted as Lonzo was at this stage....but he himself is VERY talented. He could really blossom into an elite prospect. He's already a top 25 player in his class.....which is elite. But to be an elite "prospect", like Lonzo was....is another level very few reach.

The ENTHUSIASM all stems from the Internet age....and the rarity of seeing 3 brothers all play a different brand of basketball...and excel with a quirky father at the same damn time. Ballislife (the YT channel) is eating off of the Ball's
laugh.gif

Don't see it as "hype"....just see it as exciting YouTube clips....and the pops running with it.
College means nothing when you get drafted. We've seen top players exit the league after 1-2 seasons
laugh.gif

Very few college One and dones that get drafted in the top 5......(if any,) are out the league in 1-2 years. Very few. As bad as Anthony Bennett was....he was in the league for 4 years.

And he's the WORST #1 pick of all time. Let that sink in.
break it down for these fools

quoted so u dummys read again

edit: how is everybody talkin **** about his shot but havent watched a full game?

i ACCIDENTALLY watched a Fultz game a few months ago, and then started following him

if u havent seen a game that tells me u dont watch basketball, so u shouldnt even be sayin crazy stuff about zo's game at all

Last edited:
You don't see the connection? :lol: Man see your way out this thread already.

So you can say whatever you want as long as you provide for your family? Lol your logic is amazing.

Like he said, you don't got to agree with him, but he still gonna have confidence in his kids.

You make it seem like he said something directly towards you or anything that affects your life.

:lol:

Last edited:
And your hypocrisy is even more amazing.

You said your earlier post that you have your opinion, so why can't the Dad have his?

Like he said, you don't got to agree with him, but he still gonna have confidence in his kids.

You make it seem like he said something directly towards you or anything that affects your life.

No, I never made it like that. I said from the get it doesn't bother me at all but it doesn't make him any less idiotic. It's funny he thinks some of that ****. He can have his opinions just like you made your opinion about me even though you shouldn't be able to because you don't know me according to some. All you guys keep talking about are the great things he has done for his family. I never mentioned that yet you chose to defend the **** out of him like you are a family member. I see you are slowly understanding though since you switched the defense lol.

As ugly as his shot is it drops n he has nba range.

As ugly as his shot is it drops n he has nba range.

Right but his range is disguising something a tad bit more troubling with his game. There is a reason why he chooses to shoot that far, and that's my biggest reservation about his game. And I love Lonzo, and he's been a great college player but I'm 50/50 on him as a pro

He's made like one midrange jumper this season. Everything with him is either a long 3 or a layup. This is an issue because his handle isn't good enough to break his man down off the dribble and he hasn't played a lot in PnR, a staple in the NBA.

Basically he takes a ton of long 3s because he has trouble getting to the rim off the bounce, due to a lack of handles and overall "game." Shooting that far should never be a staple in your game like it is with in terms of projecting for the next level. It's actually pretty alarming.

Right but his range is disguising something a tad bit more troubling with his game. There is a reason why he chooses to shoot that far, and that's my biggest reservation about his game. And I love Lonzo, and he's been a great college player but I'm 50/50 on him as a pro

He's made like one midrange jumper this season. Everything with him is either a long 3 or a layup. This is an issue because his handle isn't good enough to break his man down off the dribble and he hasn't played a lot in PnR, a staple in the NBA.

Basically he takes a ton of long 3s because he has trouble getting to the rim off the bounce, due to a lack of handles and overall "game." Shooting that far should never be a staple in your game like it is with in terms of projecting for the next level. It's actually pretty alarming.
I don't say this to u often, but damn good assessment.

And your hypocrisy is even more amazing.

You said your earlier post that you have your opinion, so why can't the Dad have his?

No, I never made it like that. I said from the get it doesn't bother me at all but it doesn't make him any less idiotic. It's funny he thinks some of that ****. He can have his opinions just like you made your opinion about me even though you shouldn't be able to because you don't know me according to some. All you guys keep talking about are the great things he has done for his family. I never mentioned that yet you chose to defend the **** out of him like you are a family member. I see you are slowly understanding though since you switched the defense lol.

You one salty *** dude :lol: And yeah, I can defend him because I can relate. Can you?

You stay mad for the so called outlandish things he says. I supported his motive behind it.

You sound mad. That's all, like you're jealous or something. :lol: Now that's MY opinion. *wink*

You one salty *** dude :lol: And yeah, I can defend him because I can relate. Can you?

You stay mad for the so called outlandish things he says. I supported his motive behind it.

You sound mad. That's all, like you're jealous or something. :lol: Now that's MY opinion. *wink*

Lmao isn't that cute that you can relate. That explains why you seem Ball(s) deep. Get it *wink*

I'm just wondering if Lavar Ball wants his kids to succeed for their own benefit or for his. Maybe its both. You can't really tell what his motive is at this point because he keeps making it about himself.

Using your kids' success and accomplishments to build a brand and make overpriced merch is kinda overstepping the bounds for me. But hey that's his plan :lol:

In my opinion, at this point in his kids lives, whether they make it to the League or not (which seems to be his ultimate goal), will have NOTHING to do with what he says or does. They've made it to UCLA and that should be applauded but anything beyond that will be up to how the kids develop and good fortune. So he can hype up his kids and say outlandish things, but like i said it's not really up to him anymore.

I'm just wondering if Lavar Ball wants his kids to succeed for their own benefit or for his. Maybe its both. You can't really tell what his motive is at this point because he keeps making it about himself.

Using your kids' success and accomplishments to build a brand and make overpriced merch is kinda overstepping the bounds for me. But hey that's his plan :lol:

In my opinion, at this point in his kids lives, whether they make it to the League or not (which seems to be his ultimate goal), will have NOTHING to do with what he says or does. They've made it to UCLA and that should be applauded but anything beyond that will be up to how the kids develop and good fortune. So he can hype up his kids and say outlandish things, but like i said it's not really up to him anymore.

A tight nit family is what I see.

EVERYTHING IS FOR THE FAM.

If Lavar gets a dollar off that Merch.....guess where it's going?

You guessed it. To his damn family :lol:. They're essentially running a family business....and monetizing basketball at a stage where you CANT monitizne basketball due to NCAA regulations etc.

It's circular. Everybody in the family benefits some way.

For
The
Family

I can't knock it.

Lavar is sidestepping the NCAA....and putting money in his kids/families pockets off of the exposure and exploting that the media and NCAA gets. It's genius....

You guessed it. To his damn family
laugh.gif
. They're essentially running a family business....and monetizing basketball at a stage where you CANT monitizne basketball due to NCAA regulations etc.

For
The
Family

I can't knock it.

Lavar is sidestepping the NCAA....and putting money in his kids/families pockets off of the exposure and exploting that the media and NCAA gets. It's genius....
QFT

Yeah they are a part of that brand as well is what people forget. Likely have ownership stakes and executive titles, my dad did the same with his first business. His comments are all about his sons actually unless he's asked otherwise, and I'm sure with this 24/7 news cycle his exposure is but a pittance and you're all exaggerating.

What's being exaggerated though? I aint the one saying i could beat MJ in my heyday. Or that my 19 year old son is better than the 2x NBA MVP :lol:

Im not even mad at that.

Im just wondering how this can be viewed as anything but nonsensical behavior from a delusional dad.

Y'all corny as hell praying these kids fail. Internet is weird. :lol:

It's pathetic, I'm not even engaging in it. When you think about it, what's the father really saying that's so offensive? But when you see dudes say **** like "tool" you know what kind of cat they are anyways.

You guessed it. To his damn family :lol:. They're essentially running a family business....and monetizing basketball at a stage where you CANT monitizne basketball due to NCAA regulations etc.

For
The
Family

I can't knock it.

All of this

What's being exaggerated though? I aint the one saying i could beat MJ in my heyday. Or that my 19 year old son is better than the 2x NBA MVP
laugh.gif

Im not even mad at that.

Im just wondering how this can be viewed as anything but nonsensical behavior from a delusional dad.
He's not delusional he's a troll
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom